|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alexander dispatch his troops to retrieve Darius' treasure after the battle?
2. How many infantry does Alexander have when he begins his Asian campaign?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) Forty thousand.
(c) Thirty thousand.
(d) Twenty thousand.
3. What other name is Arrian, the author, known as?
4. Which assassin is responsible for killing Philip of Macedon?
5. Facing resistance from Glaucias, what town does Alexander attempt to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows Alexander down when he crosses the Syrian Gates on his way to Sochi?
2. How long after the fact does Arrian write about the campaigns of Alexander?
3. Where is the former governor/satrap of Egypt killed?
4. Which northwest town rebels against Alexander after his battle with Glaucias?
5. How many miles does the Getae army retreat after Alexander attacks them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Alexander crowned the Pharaoh, and what happens when he visits the oracle of Ammon?
2. How does Alexander assume the crown of Macedon?
3. How do Alexander and the Macedonians win their first battle with the Thracians?
4. What problem does Alexander face at the island of Tyre?
5. What is the warning that Alexander receives while he is ill during the march from Asia to Tarsus, and how does he respond?
6. How does Alexander surprise the Getae army and what happens during their battle?
7. How is Darius betrayed and killed?
8. What incident occurs when the Uxians attempt to interfere with Alexander's plans to pass through the Persian Gates?
9. What does Alexander do at Pasargadae and why?
10. What happens in the battle between the Macedonians and the Persians at Issus?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)