|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the description of the scenery surrounding the shrine of Ammon?
(a) Desert oasis.
(b) Date palms.
(c) Olive trees.
(d) Wild berry bushes.
2. Where does Alexander order his fleet to sail as he makes his way to Heliopolis?
3. According to the legend, what happens to a person if they can untie the knot at Gordium?
(a) They will be rewarded with gold.
(b) They will become the ruler of Asia.
(c) They will receive ten years of good luck.
(d) They will never be hungry again.
4. How far away is Sochi, when Alexander learns that Darius is there?
(a) One day away.
(b) Two weeks away.
(c) Two days away.
(d) One week away.
5. What does Alexander do before engaging Darius?
(a) He gives his troops a speech.
(b) He threatens his troops.
(c) He questions his troops' loyalty.
(d) He jokes with his troops about the upcoming battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alexander make sacrifices to after seizing the town of the Getae?
2. How wide is the battlefield between the Mediterranean Sea and the coastal mountains where Alexander and Darius meet?
3. Facing resistance from Glaucias, what town does Alexander attempt to take?
4. How long do Alexander's and Darius' armies prepare for battling each other a second time?
5. Where does Alexander march through in his conquering Asian campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexander assume the crown of Macedon?
2. How do the Macedonians pass through the Syrian Gates, and what weakness does Alexander correct before facing Darius and the Persians?
3. What questionable actions does Alexander take at Thebes?
4. What omen does Alexander listen to in preparing to battle the Persians?
5. What is the Gordian knot and how does Alexander deal with it?
6. How does Alexander defeat the Tyrians?
7. Where does the second battle between the Macedonians and the Persians take place, and what preparations are made for it?
8. How is Darius betrayed and killed?
9. What news does Alexander receive at Soli and how do the Macedonians celebrate?
10. What is the warning that Alexander receives while he is ill during the march from Asia to Tarsus, and how does he respond?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)