|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Alexander arrive in Thapsacus?
2. What is used to burn down the towers that Alexander builds as he attempts to secure Egypt?
(a) A flaming cattle boat.
(b) Flamed arrows.
(d) Burning ropes.
3. What is Alexander looking for when he surveys the land before battling Darius for the second time?
(a) Hidden enemy soldiers and traps.
(b) Hidden trenches and traps.
(c) Hidden trenches, hidden enemy soldiers, and traps.
(d) Hidden trenches and hidden enemy soldiers.
4. Why does Alexander fine the town of Soli?
(a) For their support of the Persians.
(b) For their lack of supplies.
(c) For their attempt to hide from him.
(d) For their attempt to mislead him.
5. How does Athens originally react to Alexander's plan to build an army?
(a) They are angered by it.
(b) They encourage it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They resist it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Macedonians enter the second battle against Darius and the Persian army?
2. How does Darius and the Persian army prepare to battle Alexander for the second time?
3. What is the city of Alexandria known as?
4. Who is Alexander warned not to trust when he becomes ill?
5. Where does Alexander's first Asian battle take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questionable actions does Alexander take at Thebes?
2. What is the warning that Alexander receives while he is ill during the march from Asia to Tarsus, and how does he respond?
3. What happens when Darius and Alexander meet for the second time?
4. Where does Alexander chase Bessus, and how is Bessus captured?
5. What is the Gordian knot and how does Alexander deal with it?
6. What is the first thing that Alexander does once he becomes the ruler of Macedon, and how does the city of Athens respond?
7. What incident occurs when the Uxians attempt to interfere with Alexander's plans to pass through the Persian Gates?
8. What trouble does Alexander overcome while passing through the Persian Gates?
9. How is Darius betrayed and killed?
10. What does Alexander do at Pasargadae and why?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)