|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alexander's troops defend themselves against the arrows of the enemy on the way up the Rock of Chorienes?
(a) They use screens.
(b) They climb at night so the enemy cannot see them.
(c) They begin throwing rocks up at the enemy.
(d) They dodge them with speed.
2. What final "unconquerable place" does Alexander attack after defeating the mercenaries from Massaga?
(a) The Rock of Aornos.
(b) The Rock of Pamir.
(c) The Rock of Maracanda.
(d) The Rock of Arachosia.
3. Which river presents rapids for Alexander?
4. Before being wounded, what does Alexander stand on as he prepares to jump into a particular Mallian town?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A wood box.
(c) A wall.
(d) A rock.
5. What happens between the natives on top of the Rock of Chorienes and the Macedonians?
(a) The natives begin jumping off the mountain.
(b) The natives begin attacking the Macedonians as they reach the top.
(c) The natives hide from Alexander.
(d) Their leader surrenders to Alexander.
6. What part of the enemy army does Alexander position his mounted archers against in the battle with Porus?
(a) The center.
(b) Both the left and right flank.
(c) The left flank.
(d) The right flank.
7. What is the weather like on the night before the Macedonians cross the river while battling Porus?
(a) It is clear.
(b) There is a flood.
(c) There is a rainstorm.
(d) There is a typhoon.
8. What gives stability to the bridge that Alexander is building to cross the river?
(a) Rock piles.
9. What is the first thing that Alexander does when he faces Porus across the river?
(a) He rests his men.
(b) He splits his forces.
(c) He rides ahead of his men.
(d) He hides his forces.
10. What does Alexander do to the Scythians and those that encouraged them after defeating them?
(a) He arrests them.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He convinces them to fight with him.
(d) He releases them.
11. How many Indians are killed by the Macedonians when Alexander battles with Porus' son?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Six hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
12. Where does Alexander travel to after the flash flood?
13. How does Alexander position his forces to cross the river during the battle with Porus?
(a) So they can all cross at once.
(b) So they can cross in a single file line.
(c) So they can communicate with the enemy easily.
(d) So they can communicate with each other easily.
14. When do the Macedonians set sail for home?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early afternoon.
15. Which river does Porus attempt to stop Alexander from crossing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many towns offer Alexander resistance in the beginning of Section 4?
2. Who was Alexander's childhood tutor?
3. How does Alexander assure his men that he is still alive after being injured by the Mallians?
4. Which one of the following is not something that Alexander tells his men after they have requested to return home?
5. Which river does Alexander travel after recovering from his injury?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)