|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many animals die in the desert that the Macedonians travel across after monsoon season?
(a) Few of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) Half of them.
2. What is the largest town that Alexander has resistance from, and the town that is populated by the Scythians?
3. How does Porus position the elephants when preparing to march against Alexander?
(a) At intervals.
(b) In a line.
(c) Back to back.
(d) In a circle.
4. How long does it take for Alexander to regret killing Cleitus?
(a) He never regrets it.
(b) He regrets it the next day.
(c) He regrets it immediately.
(d) He regrets it the next week.
5. What do the Macedonians make out of skins and straw the night before they plan to cross the river during the battle with Porus?
6. Which river presents rapids for Alexander?
7. What is the weather like on the night before the Macedonians cross the river while battling Porus?
(a) There is a rainstorm.
(b) It is clear.
(c) There is a flood.
(d) There is a typhoon.
8. How many Indian mercenaries from the town of Massaga threaten Alexander?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Eight thousand.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) Four thousand.
9. How does Alexander assure his men that he is still alive after being injured by the Mallians?
(a) He sends them notes.
(b) He appears on a barge.
(c) He sends a messenger.
(d) He gives a speech.
10. How does Alexander deal with the resistance he encounters on the way to the Indian Ocean after recovering from his injury?
(a) At a normal pace.
(c) He does not encounter any resistance.
11. On what river does Alexander first use boats to build a bridge?
12. What does Alexander do to the Scythians and those that encouraged them after defeating them?
(a) He arrests them.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He convinces them to fight with him.
(d) He releases them.
13. Who was Alexander's childhood tutor?
14. What gives stability to the bridge that Alexander is building to cross the river?
(d) Rock piles.
15. Where does Alexander initially surprise the Mallians?
(a) In a field.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) In a desert.
(d) On a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Alexander does when he faces Porus across the river?
2. Where does Alexander travel to after the flash flood?
3. How many cavalry does Porus' son have when he first encounters Alexander?
4. How do Alexander's troops defend themselves against the arrows of the enemy on the way up the Rock of Chorienes?
5. Where does Alexander lead his troops during monsoon season?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)