|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on the night before the Macedonians cross the river while battling Porus?
(a) There is a typhoon.
(b) There is a rainstorm.
(c) There is a flood.
(d) It is clear.
2. What do the Macedonians exploit to gain an early advantage over Porus and the Indians?
(a) The way horses become uncontrollable near elephants.
(b) The fear of Porus' men.
(c) The fear of Porus.
(d) The illness of the elephants.
3. How does Porus position the elephants when preparing to march against Alexander?
(a) Back to back.
(b) In a line.
(c) In a circle.
(d) At intervals.
4. What wounds Alexander during the fight in a Mallian town?
(a) A spear.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A fire.
(d) A rock.
5. Where is Porus wounded in the battle with Alexander?
(a) The right leg.
(b) The left leg.
(c) The right shoulder.
(d) The left shoulder.
6. What is the result of the alternate route that Alexander takes to the Indian Ocean?
(a) It is more difficult than the first route.
(b) He takes the same route both times.
(c) It is easier than the first route.
(d) It is the same level of difficulty as the first route.
7. What gives stability to the bridge that Alexander is building to cross the river?
(d) Rock piles.
8. How many towns offer Alexander resistance in the beginning of Section 4?
9. After monsoon season, what happens between the Macedonians and the natives they encounter?
(a) The natives surrender after a brief fight.
(b) The natives hide and are never seen.
(c) The natives surrender without a fight.
(d) The natives surrender after a lengthy fight.
10. How many Indians are killed by the Macedonians when Alexander battles with Porus' son?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Six hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
11. Which river does Porus attempt to stop Alexander from crossing?
12. Where does Alexander travel to after the flash flood?
13. How many guards are with Alexander as he jumps into a town before being wounded?
(b) One hundred.
(d) A few.
14. Which Macedonian officer gives a speech in favor of ending the war and returning home?
15. Who was Alexander's childhood tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander tell his troops in an attempt to encourage them to continue fighting?
2. What do the Macedonians make out of skins and straw the night before they plan to cross the river during the battle with Porus?
3. Which river does Alexander travel after recovering from his injury?
4. What causes Alexander to become ill after facing the Scythians?
5. Where does Alexander lead his troops during monsoon season?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)