|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What side of the Rock of Sogdiana has sheer cliffs?
(a) Every side.
(b) The north side.
(c) The west side.
(d) The east side.
2. As part of his strategy, what does Alexander want Porus to do on the river?
(a) Position men on both sides of the river.
(b) Follow Alexander.
(c) Post lookouts.
(d) Stay on one side of the river.
3. What is the result of the alternate route that Alexander takes to the Indian Ocean?
(a) It is more difficult than the first route.
(b) It is the same level of difficulty as the first route.
(c) He takes the same route both times.
(d) It is easier than the first route.
4. Who was Alexander's childhood tutor?
5. What town informs Alexander that Porus intends to stop the Macedonian army?
6. What does Alexander tell his troops in an attempt to encourage them to continue fighting?
(a) This is only the beginning of war.
(b) They have seen too much war.
(c) They have not yet seen war.
(d) The end of war is near.
7. Where is Alexander wounded while fighting the Mallians?
(a) The leg.
(b) The back.
(c) The arm.
(d) The chest.
8. How many shifts does Alexander work the Macedonians as they climb the Rock of Chorienes?
9. How does Alexander position his forces to cross the river during the battle with Porus?
(a) So they can cross in a single file line.
(b) So they can communicate with each other easily.
(c) So they can all cross at once.
(d) So they can communicate with the enemy easily.
10. How long does it take for Alexander to regret killing Cleitus?
(a) He never regrets it.
(b) He regrets it the next day.
(c) He regrets it the next week.
(d) He regrets it immediately.
11. On the way back home, what river does Alexander take to the Indian Ocean?
12. How does Alexander deal with the resistance he encounters on the way to the Indian Ocean after recovering from his injury?
(c) At a normal pace.
(d) He does not encounter any resistance.
13. On what river does Alexander first use boats to build a bridge?
14. What type of water, with sea creatures in it, does Alexander find on his way to the Indian Ocean?
(d) Fresh water.
15. What is the first thing that Alexander does when he faces Porus across the river?
(a) He hides his forces.
(b) He splits his forces.
(c) He rides ahead of his men.
(d) He rests his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Alexander to kill Cleitus?
2. How many chariots does Porus' son have when he first faces Alexander?
3. How many Indians are killed by the Macedonians when Alexander battles with Porus' son?
4. Where does Alexander initially surprise the Mallians?
5. How does Alexander assure his men that he is still alive after being injured by the Mallians?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)