|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ammon later described?
(a) As a ram.
(b) As a man with horns.
(c) As a bull.
(d) As a man with a bell.
2. Which of the following is not included in the list of places liberated by Alexander while battling the Persians?
3. Where does Alexander march through in his conquering Asian campaign?
4. According to the legend, what happens to a person if they can untie the knot at Gordium?
(a) They will receive ten years of good luck.
(b) They will become the ruler of Asia.
(c) They will be rewarded with gold.
(d) They will never be hungry again.
5. After being arrested by a relative, when is Darius killed by his own troops?
(a) July of 340 B.C.
(b) June of 330 B.C.
(c) July of 330 B.C.
(d) April of 340 B.C.
6. Where does Alexander dispatch his troops to retrieve Darius' treasure after the battle?
7. Where is Alexander crowned the Pharaoh?
8. Which northwest town rebels against Alexander after his battle with Glaucias?
9. How long do Alexander's and Darius' armies prepare for battling each other a second time?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) A few days.
(d) One day.
10. How does Darius and the Persian army prepare to battle Alexander for the second time?
(a) They build moats.
(b) They build giant spears from trees.
(c) They level the land.
(d) They work to make the land uneven.
11. How many of Alexander's men are killed in the second battle with the Thracians?
(a) Sixty five.
(b) Seventy five.
(c) Forty five.
(d) Fifty five.
12. How high are the earthworks that Alexander must build in his sieges against Gaza?
(a) Thirty feet.
(b) Sixty feet.
(c) Forty feet.
(d) Fifty feet.
13. Where does Alexander's first Asian battle take place?
(a) The Araxes River.
(b) The Euphrates River.
(c) The Tigris River.
(d) The Granicus River.
14. Which island does Alexander experience problems with while trying to secure Egypt?
(d) El Mina.
15. Which ancestors is Alexander trying to outdo?
(a) Heracles, Perseus, and Achilles.
(b) Heracles and Perseus.
(c) Perseus and Achilles.
(d) Heracles and Achilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Philip of Macedon assassinated?
2. Who is Alexander warned not to trust when he becomes ill?
3. What season is it when Alexander finishes reorganizing the government of Egypt and heads north?
4. After Alexander defeats the Getae people, what does he do to their town?
5. Which authors does Arrian challenge readers to read in order to verify the information he is presenting?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)