Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is the author's intention in "The Campaigns of Alexander", and what challenge does he make to the reader?
2. How does Alexander assume the crown of Macedon?
3. What is the first thing that Alexander does once he becomes the ruler of Macedon, and how does the city of Athens respond?
4. How do Alexander and the Macedonians win their first battle with the Thracians?
5. Whom do the Thracians recruit for the second battle with the Macedonians and what is the result?
6. How does Alexander cross the Danube River and what obstacle stands in his way?
7. How does Alexander surprise the Getae army and what happens during their battle?
8. What threat does Glaucias pose to Alexander and how do the Macedonians attempt to take the town of Pelium?
9. What questionable actions does Alexander take at Thebes?
10. What omen does Alexander listen to in preparing to battle the Persians?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)