|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alexander respond to Darius' suggestion that Alexander should marry Darius' daughter?
(a) He refuses it.
(b) He agrees to think about it.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He ignores it.
2. After Alexander defeats the Getae people, what does he do to their town?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He renames it.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He ridicules it.
3. Which authors does Arrian challenge readers to read in order to verify the information he is presenting?
(a) Ptolemy and Aristobulus.
(b) Simonides and Archilochus.
(c) Ptolemy and Archilochus.
(d) Simonides and Aristobulus.
4. How many cities named Alexandria are founded during Alexander's empire-building campaigns?
(a) Only a few.
5. What gives stability to the bridge that Alexander is building to cross the river?
(d) Rock piles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alexander order his fleet to sail as he makes his way to Heliopolis?
2. Which ancestors is Alexander trying to outdo?
3. Which river are the Scythians near when they taunt Alexander?
4. How does the Macedonian army pass through the Syrian Gates on their way to Darius?
5. How many soldiers volunteer to climb the Rock of Sogdiana?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)