|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Alexander defeats the Getae people, what does he do to their town?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He renames it.
(c) He ridicules it.
(d) He ignores it.
2. Where does Alexander order his fleet to sail as he makes his way to Heliopolis?
3. How many shifts does Alexander work the Macedonians as they climb the Rock of Chorienes?
4. How many soldiers volunteer to climb the Rock of Sogdiana?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. How many Getae troops have gathered on the opposite bank of Pine Island as Alexander attempts to land?
(a) Twenty thousand.
(b) Thirty thousand.
(c) Fifty thousand.
(d) Forty thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alexander make a sacrifice to after the death of Cleitus?
2. What gives stability to the bridge that Alexander is building to cross the river?
3. What is the knot that Alexander attempts to untie at Gordium called?
4. How does Alexander respond to Darius' suggestion that Alexander should marry Darius' daughter?
5. What part of the enemy army does Alexander position his mounted archers against in the battle with Porus?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)