|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Alexander defeats the Getae people, what does he do to their town?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He renames it.
(c) He ridicules it.
(d) He burns it.
2. Where is the former governor/satrap of Egypt killed?
3. Where does Alexander's first Asian battle take place?
(a) The Granicus River.
(b) The Euphrates River.
(c) The Araxes River.
(d) The Tigris River.
4. Which one of the following is not included in the list of things that J.R. Hamilton clarifies in the book's footnotes?
(a) Alexander's age during the battles.
(c) Names of places.
(d) Number of troops involved in battles.
5. How old is Alexander when he takes the throne of Macedon?
(b) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. In celebration of good news, what festivities does Alexander conduct?
2. How do the Macedonians kill the horses that lead the chariots of the Persian army in their second battle?
3. When is Philip of Macedon assassinated?
4. What river is Thapsacus located near?
5. Which of the following is not included in the list of places liberated by Alexander while battling the Persians?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)