|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexander make sacrifices to after seizing the town of the Getae?
(a) Zeus and Apollo.
(b) Zeus and Heracles.
(c) Zeus and Ares.
(d) Zeus and Poseidon.
2. How does Athens originally react to Alexander's plan to build an army?
(a) They encourage it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They are angered by it.
3. What part of his army does Alexander reinforce before charging Darius' army?
(a) The middle.
(b) The right plank.
(c) The left plank.
(d) The back.
4. How was Ammon first depicted?
(a) As a bull.
(b) As a ram.
(c) As a cow.
(d) As a walrus.
5. How long after the fact does Arrian write about the campaigns of Alexander?
(a) Two hundred years.
(b) Five hundred years.
(c) Four hundred years.
(d) Three hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alexander fine the town of Soli?
2. How high are the earthworks that Alexander must build in his sieges against Gaza?
3. What is the knot that Alexander attempts to untie at Gordium called?
4. As mentioned in the book, what are some of the accounts of Alexander's visit with the oracle provided by other historians considered?
5. Which authors does Arrian challenge readers to read in order to verify the information he is presenting?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)