|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wide is the battlefield between the Mediterranean Sea and the coastal mountains where Alexander and Darius meet?
(a) Two to three miles.
(b) One to three miles.
(c) One to two miles.
(d) Two to four miles.
2. How many talents is the town of Soli fined by Alexander?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
3. How are the sides matched in the battle between Alexander and Darius?
(a) Both armies have the same number of troops.
(b) Darius' army is outnumbered.
(c) Alexander's army is outnumbered.
(d) There is no record of how many troops either army had.
4. Which of Thrace's neighbors were involved in their second battle with Alexander?
5. How much resistance does Alexander encounter at Egypt?
(a) Heavy resistance.
(b) Moderate resistance.
(c) No resistance.
(d) Slight resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the legend, what happens to a person if they can untie the knot at Gordium?
2. Which assassin is responsible for killing Philip of Macedon?
3. What is the knot that Alexander attempts to untie at Gordium called?
4. After Alexander defeats the Getae people, what does he do to their town?
5. How many talents does Darius offer to Alexander as a way to retrieve his royal family?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)