|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the legend, what happens to a person if they can untie the knot at Gordium?
(a) They will never be hungry again.
(b) They will receive ten years of good luck.
(c) They will be rewarded with gold.
(d) They will become the ruler of Asia.
2. How do the Macedonians kill the horses that lead the chariots of the Persian army in their second battle?
(a) With arrows.
(b) With javelins.
(c) With rocks.
(d) With their hands.
3. How many talents is the town of Soli fined by Alexander?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
4. Where is the former governor/satrap of Egypt killed?
5. What is the knot that Alexander attempts to untie at Gordium called?
(a) The Great Knot of Gordian.
(b) The Gordian knot.
(c) The Great Knot of Asia.
(d) The Asian knot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mountains does Alexander pass on the way to the Syrian Gates?
2. How many infantry does Alexander have when he begins his Asian campaign?
3. How does the Macedonian army pass through the Syrian Gates on their way to Darius?
4. How does Athens originally react to Alexander's plan to build an army?
5. Why does Alexander fine the town of Soli?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)