|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tactic does Alexander use to defeat the Thracians in their first battle?
(a) Tree trunks.
2. What slows Alexander down when he crosses the Syrian Gates on his way to Sochi?
(a) His crew's complaining.
(b) The weather.
(c) An unexpected attack.
(d) An illness.
3. When does Alexander arrive in Thapsacus?
4. What does Alexander reportedly hear from the oracle?
(a) What he wants to hear.
(b) Some of what he wants to hear and some of what he does not want to hear.
(c) There is no record of what Alexander hears from the oracle.
(d) The opposite of what he wants to hear.
5. Where does Alexander order his fleet to sail as he makes his way to Heliopolis?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alexander react to the note of warning that he receives while he is ill?
2. What happens to Alexander after he takes the healing potion?
3. After being arrested by a relative, when is Darius killed by his own troops?
4. How does Alexander defeat Glaucias?
5. Why does Alexander fine the town of Soli?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)