|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Athens originally react to Alexander's plan to build an army?
(a) They resist it.
(b) They are confused by it.
(c) They encourage it.
(d) They are angered by it.
2. Facing resistance from Glaucias, what town does Alexander attempt to take?
3. What does Alexander reportedly hear from the oracle?
(a) What he wants to hear.
(b) Some of what he wants to hear and some of what he does not want to hear.
(c) There is no record of what Alexander hears from the oracle.
(d) The opposite of what he wants to hear.
4. How many talents is the town of Soli fined by Alexander?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) One hundred.
5. How high are the earthworks that Alexander must build in his sieges against Gaza?
(a) Sixty feet.
(b) Thirty feet.
(c) Fifty feet.
(d) Forty feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the former governor/satrap of Egypt killed?
2. What is Alexander looking for when he surveys the land before battling Darius for the second time?
3. When is Philip of Macedon assassinated?
4. Which of the following is not included in the description of the scenery surrounding the shrine of Ammon?
5. Which one of the following is not included in the list of things that J.R. Hamilton clarifies in the book's footnotes?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)