|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cavalry does Alexander have when he makes his way to Pine Island?
(a) Seventeen hundred.
(b) Sixteen hundred.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Eighteen hundred.
2. Which assassin is responsible for killing Philip of Macedon?
3. Which authors does Arrian challenge readers to read in order to verify the information he is presenting?
(a) Simonides and Archilochus.
(b) Ptolemy and Aristobulus.
(c) Ptolemy and Archilochus.
(d) Simonides and Aristobulus.
4. When is Philip of Macedon assassinated?
(a) 336 B.C.
(b) 446 B.C.
(c) 520 B.C.
(d) 220 B.C.
5. How many miles does the Getae army retreat after Alexander attacks them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the list of things that J.R. Hamilton clarifies in the book's footnotes?
2. What other name is Arrian, the author, known as?
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of places liberated by Alexander while battling the Persians?
4. Which omen does Alexander pay attention to which leads him to render the Persian navy useless?
5. How many infantry does Alexander have when he begins his Asian campaign?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)