|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the list of places liberated by Alexander while battling the Persians?
2. Which tactic does Alexander use to defeat the Thracians in their first battle?
(c) Tree trunks.
3. What type of talents does the town of Aspendus offer to Alexander after surrendering?
(a) Silver and horses.
(b) Silver and gold.
(c) Silver, gold, and horses.
(d) Gold and horses.
4. Where does Alexander's first Asian battle take place?
(a) The Euphrates River.
(b) The Araxes River.
(c) The Tigris River.
(d) The Granicus River.
5. Which one of the following is not included in the list of things that J.R. Hamilton clarifies in the book's footnotes?
(a) Names of places.
(b) Alexander's age during the battles.
(d) Number of troops involved in battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Philip of Macedon assassinated?
2. What other name is Arrian, the author, known as?
3. How long has the Persian Empire been trying to conquer Greece when Alexander builds an army to attack it?
4. How does Athens originally react to Alexander's plan to build an army?
5. How long after the fact does Arrian write about the campaigns of Alexander?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)