|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which authors does Arrian challenge readers to read in order to verify the information he is presenting?
(a) Ptolemy and Archilochus.
(b) Ptolemy and Aristobulus.
(c) Simonides and Aristobulus.
(d) Simonides and Archilochus.
2. How old is Alexander when he takes the throne of Macedon?
(a) Twenty five.
3. How long has the Persian Empire been trying to conquer Greece when Alexander builds an army to attack it?
(b) One year.
(d) One month.
4. How does Athens originally react to Alexander's plan to build an army?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They encourage it.
(c) They are angered by it.
(d) They resist it.
5. How many lines of men does the phalanx consist of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river does Alexander cross before battling the Getae army?
2. How many Getae troops have gathered on the opposite bank of Pine Island as Alexander attempts to land?
3. How many of Alexander's men are killed in the second battle with the Thracians?
4. How long after the fact does Arrian write about the campaigns of Alexander?
5. Where does Alexander's first Asian battle take place?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)