|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alexander dispatch his troops to retrieve Darius' treasure after the battle?
2. What type of talents does the town of Aspendus offer to Alexander after surrendering?
(a) Silver, gold, and horses.
(b) Silver and horses.
(c) Silver and gold.
(d) Gold and horses.
3. What happens between the natives on top of the Rock of Chorienes and the Macedonians?
(a) The natives hide from Alexander.
(b) The natives begin jumping off the mountain.
(c) Their leader surrenders to Alexander.
(d) The natives begin attacking the Macedonians as they reach the top.
4. Where is the oracle of Ammon that Alexander visits located?
5. How do Alexander's troops defend themselves against the arrows of the enemy on the way up the Rock of Chorienes?
(a) They begin throwing rocks up at the enemy.
(b) They use screens.
(c) They climb at night so the enemy cannot see them.
(d) They dodge them with speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Macedonians set sail for home?
2. Where is Thrace located?
3. What final "unconquerable place" does Alexander attack after defeating the mercenaries from Massaga?
4. How many enemy casualties are there in Alexander's second battle with the Thracians?
5. What do the natives on top of the Rock of Sogdiana tell Alexander that he needs to defeat them?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)