|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the enemy army does Alexander position his mounted archers against in the battle with Porus?
(a) The right flank.
(b) Both the left and right flank.
(c) The left flank.
(d) The center.
2. How does Alexander react to the note of warning that he receives while he is ill?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is undisturbed.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is confused.
3. How many cavalry does Alexander have when he makes his way to Pine Island?
(a) Eighteen hundred.
(b) Fifteen hundred.
(c) Sixteen hundred.
(d) Seventeen hundred.
4. Before being wounded, what does Alexander stand on as he prepares to jump into a particular Mallian town?
(a) A wood box.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A rock.
(d) A wall.
5. Who was Alexander's childhood tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Macedonians pour on the back of the elephants during the battle with Porus?
2. What does Alexander do to the Scythians and those that encouraged them after defeating them?
3. What do the natives on top of the Rock of Sogdiana tell Alexander that he needs to defeat them?
4. Which one of the following is not included in the list of things that J.R. Hamilton clarifies in the book's footnotes?
5. How do the Macedonians kill the horses that lead the chariots of the Persian army in their second battle?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)