* In the Campaigns of Alexander, Arrian intends to provide the most accurate and complete account of Alexander the Great's conquests.
* The controversial assassination of Philip of Macedon allows Alexander to take the throne at age twenty.
* Forming a Macedonian army and attacking Thrace is Alexander's top priority as the new ruler of Macedon.
* The battles with the Thracians lead to the crossing of the Danube River and the defeat of the Getae army.
* The Thebans pay dearly for a mistake as Alexander takes the town of Thebes and massacres its population.
* Alexander accepts the challenge of the Gordian knot as his campaign moves into Asia.
* Recovering from an illness, Alexander continues to take town after town on his quest for domination.
* The Macedonians pass through the Syrian Gates during the night and prepare to meet Darius and the Persians.
* Issus is the battleground for the clash...
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)