|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
2. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
(a) Like a jockey in a race.
(b) Like an Irish princess.
(c) Like a sack of potatoes.
(d) Like a person who has never mounted a horse before.
3. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
(a) It runs inland several miles.
(b) It runs along the water.
(c) It is steep and narrow.
(d) It runs through desert.
4. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
(b) No one.
5. Who laughs at Sean?
(c) Sean laughs at himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
2. What is Juan careful to do?
3. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
4. Who does Sean not see?
5. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Russell's appearance and explanation when he arrives at the fandango?
2. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
3. What does Eileen decide in order to "buy" time?
4. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
5. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
6. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
7. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
8. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
9. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
10. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)