|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
(a) Make them feel miserable.
(b) Hold them hostage.
(c) He does not say.
(d) Kill them all.
2. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
(a) A spirit.
3. What is Juan careful to do?
(a) Cover his and Eileen's tracks.
(b) Mark their trail discreetly.
(c) Rest often.
(d) Sing appeasing songs for the spirits.
4. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
(a) The Senora.
(b) The Sky.
(c) The Spirits.
(d) The Land.
5. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Try to find the gold alone.
(b) Wander off.
(c) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(d) Anger the spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
2. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
3. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
4. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
5. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
2. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
3. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
4. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
5. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
6. What does Eileen decide in order to "buy" time?
7. Why is Eileen distraught when she and Juan get to the gold?
8. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
9. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
10. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)