|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He wants to tell her a secret.
(c) He wants to get her to safety.
(d) He hears Machado's people coming.
2. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(b) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
(c) Talk about what Wooston has done.
(d) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
3. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
(a) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Juan.
(b) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Machado.
(c) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Russell.
(d) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Silva.
4. Who arrives at the party?
(a) The Sheriff and several deputies.
(b) Machado and some of his men.
(c) The governor.
5. What does Silva tell Wooston?
(a) That he is quitting working for Wooston.
(b) That the Mulkerin party has disappeared.
(c) That the Mulkerin party is in a dead-end canyon.
(d) That the Mulkerin party is back at their ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
2. Who tells Sean about Russell?
3. Why does Wooston want to take Russell away?
4. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
5. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Francisco try to convince Russell of and what is Russell's response?
2. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
3. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
4. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
5. What is Russell's appearance and explanation when he arrives at the fandango?
6. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
7. What happens to Russell after he leaves the cave?
8. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
9. Who does Eileen meet at the store, and what is his reaction to her story about the gold?
10. What is Los Angeles like at the time of the setting of "The Californios"?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)