|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Getting the gold to the ranch.
(b) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
(c) Protecting Eileen.
(d) Protecting the land.
2. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) Something that moves on the rim.
(b) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
(c) A pool of icy spring water.
(d) Some paintings on the cave wall.
3. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He wants to tell her a secret.
(b) He wants to get her to safety.
(c) He hears Machado's people coming.
(d) He is lonely.
4. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
5. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
(b) Montero and Mariana make noise.
(c) Montero throws his voice and accent.
(d) Montero has his horse make noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much gold does Juan say there is?
2. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
3. Who arrives at the party?
4. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
5. Who challenges Sean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
2. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
3. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
4. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
5. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
6. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
7. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
8. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
9. Why is Eileen distraught when she and Juan get to the gold?
10. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)