|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Wander off.
(b) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(c) Anger the spirits.
(d) Try to find the gold alone.
2. What is Juan careful to do?
(a) Rest often.
(b) Cover his and Eileen's tracks.
(c) Sing appeasing songs for the spirits.
(d) Mark their trail discreetly.
3. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(b) A group of armed renegades.
(c) The governor.
(d) The sheriff.
4. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold may not be on her land.
(b) The gold is not very pure.
(c) The gold is on government land.
(d) There is no time to mine the gold.
5. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About a fandango.
(b) About Jaime and the gold.
(c) About Juan.
(d) About Mariana's fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
2. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
3. What does a voice declare about Russell?
4. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
5. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
2. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
3. What happens to Russell after he leaves the cave?
4. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
5. Why does Francisco try to convince Russell of and what is Russell's response?
6. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
7. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
8. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
9. What does Eileen decide in order to "buy" time?
10. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)