|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
(a) Seeing a note scrawled by Jaime on a rock.
(b) Some small gold nuggets laying around.
(c) Pick and shovel marks on the stone.
2. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
(b) Some paintings on the cave wall.
(c) A pool of icy spring water.
(d) Something that moves on the rim.
3. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(a) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
4. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
(b) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
(c) That he is a foolish man.
(d) That he is an evil man.
5. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
(a) That Machado shot Win.
(b) That Juan is dead.
(c) That Machado shot Sean.
(d) That gold has been discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
2. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
3. What does Russell find in the cave?
4. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
5. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
2. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
3. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
4. Why does Francisco try to convince Russell of and what is Russell's response?
5. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
6. Why is Eileen distraught when she and Juan get to the gold?
7. Who does Eileen meet at the store, and what is his reaction to her story about the gold?
8. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
9. What happens to Russell after he leaves the cave?
10. What does Silva tell Wooston that angers Wooston, and what concerns Machado and Russell?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)