|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sean about Russell?
2. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
3. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) Juan is ill.
(b) Juan is older than she first thought.
(c) The gold can wait.
(d) He is dead.
4. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For falsifying records.
(b) For the murder of Russell.
(c) For refusing an eviction order.
(d) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
5. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(b) Pio Pico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
2. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
3. Who does Sean not see?
4. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
5. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
2. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
3. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
4. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
5. Why is Eileen distraught when she and Juan get to the gold?
6. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
7. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
8. What is Russell's appearance and explanation when he arrives at the fandango?
9. What happens to Russell after he leaves the cave?
10. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)