|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold is on government land.
(b) The gold is not very pure.
(c) There is no time to mine the gold.
(d) The gold may not be on her land.
2. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(b) To signal Sean and the others.
(c) To carry the gold.
(d) Covers Juan.
3. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(b) Wolves howling.
(c) Laughter and coyote howls.
(d) Owls hooting.
4. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
(b) For being slow on her feet.
(c) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
(d) For asking him to undertake this journey.
5. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(b) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(c) That they will help Sean fight him.
(d) That he is moving out of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
2. What does Silva tell Wooston?
3. What does a voice declare about Russell?
4. What does Pico know about Eileen?
5. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
2. Why does Francisco try to convince Russell of and what is Russell's response?
3. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
4. Who does Eileen meet at the store, and what is his reaction to her story about the gold?
5. What do the voices say about Russell?
6. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
7. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
8. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
9. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
10. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)