|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much gold does Juan say there is?
(a) Not much.
(b) Enough to pay for the ranch.
(d) Many pounds.
2. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He wants to get her to safety.
(b) He hears Machado's people coming.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He wants to tell her a secret.
3. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold is on government land.
(b) There is no time to mine the gold.
(c) The gold is not very pure.
(d) The gold may not be on her land.
4. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For refusing an eviction order.
(b) For the murder of Russell.
(c) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
(d) For falsifying records.
5. What does Francisco try to talk the other man into doing?
(a) Leaving Silva.
(b) Killing Juan.
(c) Making camp.
(d) Going back to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
2. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
3. What does Pico know about Eileen?
4. What does Sean tell Machado?
5. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)