|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the party?
(a) Machado and some of his men.
(b) The Sheriff and several deputies.
(d) The governor.
2. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(b) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(c) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(d) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
3. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(d) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
4. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
(c) No one.
5. Why is Sean hunting?
(a) For Juan's body.
(b) For Russell.
(c) For meat for the fandango.
(d) For gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
2. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
3. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
4. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
5. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Russell's appearance and explanation when he arrives at the fandango?
2. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
3. What does Silva tell Wooston that angers Wooston, and what concerns Machado and Russell?
4. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
5. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
6. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
7. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
8. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
9. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
10. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)