|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs at Sean?
(a) Sean laughs at himself.
2. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
3. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
4. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold is not very pure.
(b) The gold may not be on her land.
(c) The gold is on government land.
(d) There is no time to mine the gold.
5. What does Wooston learn that angers him?
(a) About Eileen's upcoming marriage.
(b) About the rumors of his underhanded way to get Eileen off her land.
(c) About the upcoming fandango.
(d) That the governor has decided not to support Wooston's claims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sean tell Mariana to ride if Machado's men find them?
2. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
3. What does Eileen do with her coat?
4. Who tells Sean about Russell?
5. Who arrives at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eileen decide in order to "buy" time?
2. What does Silva tell Wooston that angers Wooston, and what concerns Machado and Russell?
3. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
4. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
5. What do the voices say about Russell?
6. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
7. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
8. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
9. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
10. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)