|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) The gold can wait.
(b) Juan is older than she first thought.
(c) Juan is ill.
(d) He is dead.
2. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
(a) He is blue around the lips.
(b) He has a bad cough.
(c) He is shaking.
(d) He sits to rest in the cave and does not seem well.
3. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) Nine or ten men.
(b) A spirit totem.
(c) A wild mustang herd.
(d) A group of Mexican Indians.
4. What does Sean tell Machado?
(a) Sean refuses to speak to Machado.
(b) That Sean will fight Machado for Mariana the next day.
(c) That Mariana wants to return to Mexico with Machado.
(d) That there will be no fighting at the fiesta.
5. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
2. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
3. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
4. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
5. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
2. Who does Eileen meet at the store, and what is his reaction to her story about the gold?
3. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
4. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
5. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
6. Why is Eileen distraught when she and Juan get to the gold?
7. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
8. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
9. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
10. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)