|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sean about Russell?
2. Who laughs at Sean?
(d) Sean laughs at himself.
3. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Anger the spirits.
(b) Wander off.
(c) Try to find the gold alone.
(d) Try to beat Wooston legally.
4. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he may get violent.
(b) Because he is insane.
(c) Because he has the backing of the governor.
(d) Because he may not bow to pressure.
5. What does Russell find in the cave?
(a) No gold.
(b) A wolf carcass.
(c) Francisco's body.
(d) Juan's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the elderly man on the burro the Indian is leading?
2. What sounds are coming from the hills?
3. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
4. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
5. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silva tell Wooston that angers Wooston, and what concerns Machado and Russell?
2. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
3. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
4. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
5. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
6. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
7. What is Los Angeles like at the time of the setting of "The Californios"?
8. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
9. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
10. What happens when Russell wakes in the night, and what does he do in the morning?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)