|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(b) That they will help Sean fight him.
(c) That he is moving out of the area.
(d) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
2. What does Silva tell Wooston?
(a) That the Mulkerin party has disappeared.
(b) That the Mulkerin party is in a dead-end canyon.
(c) That the Mulkerin party is back at their ranch.
(d) That he is quitting working for Wooston.
3. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For refusing an eviction order.
(b) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
(c) For the murder of Russell.
(d) For falsifying records.
4. What does Bell say is obvious?
(a) That Russell and Sean had old scores to settle.
(b) That the gold was from government-owned mines.
(c) That Russell is dead.
(d) That Sean is not preparing to leave the ranch.
5. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
(a) At the tales of Wooston's treachery.
(b) At the change in fortune of the Mulkerin family.
(c) At the quantity of liquor Sean and Eileen buy.
(d) At the quantity and quality of gold Eileen shows him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
2. What does Wooston learn that angers him?
3. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
4. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
5. Why is Sean hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Russell's appearance and explanation when he arrives at the fandango?
2. Who does Eileen meet at the store, and what is his reaction to her story about the gold?
3. What noises do Wooston's men hear and why do they decide to wait until morning to confront Sean's group?
4. Why does Francisco try to convince Russell of and what is Russell's response?
5. What do the voices say about Russell?
6. What happens to Russell after he leaves the cave?
7. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
8. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
9. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
10. What is Los Angeles like at the time of the setting of "The Californios"?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)