|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He hears Machado's people coming.
(c) He wants to tell her a secret.
(d) He wants to get her to safety.
2. Who challenges Sean?
(d) No one.
3. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) Something that moves on the rim.
(b) A pool of icy spring water.
(c) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
(d) Some paintings on the cave wall.
4. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
5. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(a) A table.
(b) Three men.
(d) Another cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
2. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
3. Why is Eileen distraught?
4. Why is Sean hunting?
5. What does Russell find in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
2. What is Los Angeles like at the time of the setting of "The Californios"?
3. What are Russell and Francisco doing in the mountains, and why does Francisco anger Russell?
4. What does Silva tell Wooston that angers Wooston, and what concerns Machado and Russell?
5. Why is Eileen distraught when she and Juan get to the gold?
6. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
7. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
8. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
9. What happens to Russell after he leaves the cave?
10. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)