|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
(a) Because Juan's memory is lagging.
(b) Because Juan is going to die soon.
(c) Because other people will try to find the route.
(d) Because it is dangerous to get off the path.
2. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(c) San Francisco.
3. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
4. How many sons does Eileen have?
5. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jaime?
2. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
4. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
5. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Eileen and Juan go and what do they talk about as they travel?
2. Who is Zeke Wooston?
3. What is the situation at the Mulkerin ranch, and what does Eileen think needs to be done about it?
4. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
5. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
6. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
7. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
8. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
9. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
10. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)