|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(c) Natural gas.
2. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless ranch hand.
(c) A careless neighbor.
(d) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
3. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
(b) A book Jaime leaves them.
(d) The old ways of the Indians.
4. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Into a heavily-treed forest.
(b) Behind a waterfall.
(c) Into a cave.
(d) Onto a hidden trail.
5. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Find out more about Wooston.
(b) Stay at the ranch.
(c) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
2. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
3. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
4. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
5. How many men does Juan say is following them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be seen from the Mulkerin front porch?
2. What does Juan tell Eileen about his people?
3. Who is Zeke Wooston?
4. How does Eileen's family end up in Spain and then how does Eileen end up in Mexico?
5. How is Mariana received at the Mulkerin home?
6. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
7. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
8. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
9. How does Sean come to be a sailor?
10. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)