|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Legal problems.
(c) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
(d) They grew too much of one crop.
2. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(a) Just a big fire set by lightening.
(b) Ignoring tradition.
(d) Fire and earthquake.
3. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
4. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(b) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) In Mexico.
5. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(b) A careless ranch hand.
(c) A careless neighbor.
(d) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Micheltorena?
2. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
3. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
4. What does Sean have in his hands?
5. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
2. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
3. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
4. Where do Eileen and Juan go and what do they talk about as they travel?
5. What is the situation at the Mulkerin ranch, and what does Eileen think needs to be done about it?
6. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
7. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
8. Who is Juan?
9. How is Mariana received at the Mulkerin home?
10. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)