|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Into a cave.
(b) Behind a waterfall.
(c) Into a heavily-treed forest.
(d) Onto a hidden trail.
2. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
3. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He buys it from his brother.
(b) He inherits it from his father.
(c) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(d) He marries the woman who owns the land.
4. What are the local Indians known as?
(b) Honest men and women.
5. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
2. How many sons does Eileen have?
3. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
4. Who is Micheltorena?
5. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a couple of the men who are with Wooston when he comes to tell Eileen of Wooston's intentions to evict the Mulkerin family.
2. Who is Juan?
3. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
4. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
5. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
6. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
7. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
8. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
9. What does Silva believe about the area and how do most of the others react to his beliefs?
10. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)