|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) The padre at the monastery.
(b) A good friend of Sean's.
(c) An Indian shaman.
(d) The current governor of California.
2. What is Michael's occupation?
3. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
(a) She will leave the ranch the next day.
(b) She will drop her lawsuit against Wooston.
(c) She will pay the note.
(d) She will leave the ranch in one month.
4. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
(c) The other party will lose its way.
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
2. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
3. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
4. Who is Jaime?
5. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
2. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
3. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
4. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
5. How does Sean come to be a sailor?
6. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
7. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
8. What does Juan tell Eileen about his people?
9. What is the situation at the Mulkerin ranch, and what does Eileen think needs to be done about it?
10. Where do Eileen and Juan go and what do they talk about as they travel?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)