|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
2. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
3. What are the local Indians known as?
(a) Honest men and women.
4. Who moves like a young vaquero?
5. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean not understand?
2. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
3. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
4. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be seen from the Mulkerin front porch?
2. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
3. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
4. Who is Juan?
5. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
6. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
7. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
8. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
9. How does Eileen end up moving to Malibu?
10. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)