|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
2. What is the name of Sean's boat?
(a) The Luck of the Draw.
(b) Lady Luck.
(c) The Lady of Liberty.
(d) The Rancheria.
3. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(a) Natural gas.
4. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
(c) Juan Montero.
(d) No one.
5. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to stay in town.
(b) Let her live at the ranch.
(c) Send her back to her uncle.
(d) Send her to family in San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
2. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
3. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
4. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
5. About whom does Sean worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
2. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
3. Why does Juan not think there is a reason to share much about his people and their history?
4. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
5. Who is Juan?
6. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
7. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
8. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
9. Describe a couple of the men who are with Wooston when he comes to tell Eileen of Wooston's intentions to evict the Mulkerin family.
10. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)