|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) Legal problems.
(b) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
(c) They grew too much of one crop.
(d) Bad luck.
2. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) The tribes of California.
(b) The Aztecs and Incas.
(c) The Plains Indians.
(d) He does not mention any new tribes.
3. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(b) Ignoring tradition.
(c) Fire and earthquake.
(d) Just a big fire set by lightening.
4. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to stay in town.
(b) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(c) Send her back to her uncle.
(d) Let her live at the ranch.
5. How many men does Juan say is following them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
2. Where does Juan take the group?
3. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
4. What is Michael's occupation?
5. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
2. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
3. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
4. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
5. Who is Zeke Wooston?
6. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
7. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
8. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
9. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
10. Describe a couple of the men who are with Wooston when he comes to tell Eileen of Wooston's intentions to evict the Mulkerin family.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)