|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Help them with their legal problems.
(b) Sue them.
(c) Help them with their finances.
(d) Evict them.
2. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
3. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
(c) No one.
4. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(b) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(c) He inherits it from his father.
(d) He buys it from his brother.
5. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(b) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) The other party will lose its way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
2. What is Michael's occupation?
3. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
4. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
5. What does Juan say to Eileen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eileen's family end up in Spain and then how does Eileen end up in Mexico?
2. Describe a couple of the men who are with Wooston when he comes to tell Eileen of Wooston's intentions to evict the Mulkerin family.
3. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
4. Why does Juan not think there is a reason to share much about his people and their history?
5. What does Juan tell Eileen about his people?
6. Who is Zeke Wooston?
7. Who is Juan?
8. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
9. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
10. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)