|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By Win.
(b) By Sean.
(c) By suing Wooston.
(d) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
2. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
(a) The old ways of the Indians.
(c) A book Jaime leaves them.
3. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
(b) Jorge Fernandez.
(c) Jorge Rodriquez.
(d) Tomas Alexander.
4. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(a) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
(b) In Ireland.
(c) In Mexico.
5. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) The mountains.
(b) A huge lake.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) The high desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
2. Who is Jaime?
3. What does Juan say to Eileen?
4. About whom does Sean worry?
5. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
2. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
3. Why does Sean think Eileen and the others are not at the ranch, and who does he believe is at the ranch?
4. Why does Sean waken Mariana while they are on the trail and what does he tell her?
5. How do Machado and Sean leave things between them?
6. How does Sean come to be a sailor?
7. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
8. What thoughts run through Eileen's mind while she is thinking about the gold when Juan is resting?
9. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
10. What does Juan tell Eileen about his people?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)