|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) It is nonsense.
(d) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
2. Where is Eileen raised?
3. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) The Plains Indians.
(b) The tribes of California.
(c) He does not mention any new tribes.
(d) The Aztecs and Incas.
4. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
5. Where is Eileen's father killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
2. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
3. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
4. Who is Zeke Wooston?
5. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
2. What does Juan tell Eileen about his people?
3. How does Sean come to be a sailor?
4. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
5. Describe a couple of the men who are with Wooston when he comes to tell Eileen of Wooston's intentions to evict the Mulkerin family.
6. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
7. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
8. How does Eileen's family end up in Spain and then how does Eileen end up in Mexico?
9. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
10. How does Eileen end up moving to Malibu?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)