|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(c) San Francisco.
2. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By suing Wooston.
(b) By Sean.
(c) By Win.
(d) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
3. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(b) Send her sons to college.
(c) Save her home.
(d) Send her sons to her home in England.
4. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to stay in town.
(b) Let her live at the ranch.
(c) Send her back to her uncle.
(d) Send her to family in San Francisco.
5. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) The high desert.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) A huge lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Juan?
2. Where is Eileen's father killed?
3. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
4. What are the local Indians known as?
5. What did Jaime find twice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
2. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
3. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
4. Where do Eileen and Juan go and what do they talk about as they travel?
5. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
6. Why does Juan not think there is a reason to share much about his people and their history?
7. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
8. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
9. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
10. Who is Zeke Wooston?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)