|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) The padre at the monastery.
(b) An Indian shaman.
(c) The current governor of California.
(d) A good friend of Sean's.
2. About whom does Sean worry?
(a) The old one.
(d) Eileen and Mariana.
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(b) It is nonsense.
(c) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(d) It will be difficult but can be done.
4. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
(b) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
(c) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
(d) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
5. What are the local Indians known as?
(c) Honest men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
2. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
3. What does Sean not understand?
4. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
5. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be seen from the Mulkerin front porch?
2. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
3. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
4. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
5. What does Juan tell Eileen about his people?
6. How does Eileen's family end up in Spain and then how does Eileen end up in Mexico?
7. How does Sean come to be a sailor?
8. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
9. Who is Juan?
10. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)