Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Eileen have?
2. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) An aunt and uncle.
(b) Her oldest sister.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(d) It is nonsense.
4. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
2. How many more days are there to the trip?
3. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
4. Where is the Mulkerin house?
5. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
2. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
3. Who are the men that Sean meets who Montero sends to help the Mulkerin family?
4. How do Machado and Sean leave things between them?
5. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
6. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
7. Who is Zeke Wooston?
8. Who is Juan?
9. What does Eileen decide in order to "buy" time?
10. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)