|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Sacramento River.
(b) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(c) A redwood forest.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
2. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(a) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Ireland.
3. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her back to her uncle.
(b) Let her live at the ranch.
(c) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(d) Send her to stay in town.
4. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Montero.
(b) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(c) Just Sean and Eileen.
(d) Just Eileen and Montero.
5. Where is Eileen raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sean?
2. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
3. Who is Micheltorena?
4. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
5. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eileen end up moving to Malibu?
2. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
3. How does Eileen's family end up in Spain and then how does Eileen end up in Mexico?
4. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
5. How does Sean come to be a sailor?
6. What is the situation at the Mulkerin ranch, and what does Eileen think needs to be done about it?
7. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
8. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
9. Who is Zeke Wooston?
10. What does Silva believe about the area and how do most of the others react to his beliefs?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)