|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael's occupation?
2. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) The Plains Indians.
(b) The tribes of California.
(c) He does not mention any new tribes.
(d) The Aztecs and Incas.
3. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) Burned wood pieces.
(b) Sandal tracks.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A rusted, old knife.
4. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Find out more about Wooston.
(b) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(c) Hire a lawyer.
(d) Stay at the ranch.
5. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zeke Wooston?
2. Where is Eileen raised?
3. About whom does Sean worry?
4. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
5. What does Sean not understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sean come to meet Mariana?
2. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
3. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
4. Who is Juan?
5. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
6. Why is the Mulkerin family's hope in Sean Mulkerin?
7. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
8. How is Mariana received at the Mulkerin home?
9. What does Silva believe about the area and how do most of the others react to his beliefs?
10. Describe the Mulkerin's discussion about gold after Sean arrives home.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)