|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(b) Just a big fire set by lightening.
(c) Ignoring tradition.
(d) Fire and earthquake.
2. From whom is Maria fleeing?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) The law.
(d) Her fiance.
3. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A redwood forest.
(b) The Sacramento River.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
4. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless ranch hand.
(b) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
(d) A careless neighbor.
5. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Sean worry?
2. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
3. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
4. How many men does Juan say is following them?
5. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
2. Where do Sean, Monero, Eileen and Mariana go and why does Michael stay behind?
3. How is Mariana received at the Mulkerin home?
4. Describe the Mulkerin ranch house.
5. Why does Juan say he must go with the group, and why must they learn the route?
6. What does Juan say about men following them and what is Sean's response?
7. How does Eileen's family end up in Spain and then how does Eileen end up in Mexico?
8. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
9. Why do Juan and the others leave camp in the middle of the night?
10. Why does Juan not think there is a reason to share much about his people and their history?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)