|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jaime?
(a) The careless neighbor who caused the fire.
(b) The careless ranch hand who caused the fire.
(c) Eileen's deceased husband.
(d) One of Eileen's sons.
2. How old is Juan?
(b) No one knows.
3. About whom does Sean worry?
(c) Eileen and Mariana.
(d) The old one.
4. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
(a) That his people live in South America.
(b) He has a large extended family living in the hills.
(c) He is the last of his people.
(d) His tribe lives somewhere in the hills, though he has no close relatives alive.
5. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Eileen and Montero.
(b) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(c) Just Sean and Eileen.
(d) Just Montero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
2. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
3. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
4. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
5. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
2. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
3. What occurs when Eileen and Sean stop at a local merchant's store?
4. What is the situation at the Mulkerin ranch, and what does Eileen think needs to be done about it?
5. Why is Beltran annoyed and why does he scoff at Velasco?
6. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
7. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
8. What do the voices ask Sean when he arrives at the cave, and what does Sean tell the voices?
9. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
10. What does Eileen order at the store and why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)