|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael's occupation?
2. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It will be difficult but can be done.
(b) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(c) It is nonsense.
(d) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
3. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
4. What are the local Indians known as?
(d) Honest men and women.
5. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) Sandal tracks.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A rusted, old knife.
(d) Burned wood pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
2. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
3. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
4. What did Jaime find twice?
5. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
2. What does Eileen tell Del Campo and Polanco when they go warn her about Beltran and Velasco, and why are they not real concerned about Sean?
3. What happens between Sean and the two men following him?
4. What is the situation at the ranch when Eileen and the others arrive back there?
5. What happens that makes Russell leave the cave?
6. Describe the two men who follow Sean into the mountains.
7. What do Beltran and Velasco decide to do about Sean and Wooston?
8. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
9. What is Los Angeles like at the time of the setting of "The Californios"?
10. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)