|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
(c) No one.
2. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless neighbor.
(b) A careless ranch hand.
(d) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
3. How many men does Juan say is following them?
4. How many sons does Eileen have?
5. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
2. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
3. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
4. About whom does Sean worry?
5. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many men does Sean observe who are after them and what is Montero doing?
2. Who does Eileen meet at the store, and what is his reaction to her story about the gold?
3. What does Sean say to Wooston and Machado and what are their responses?
4. What happens when Eileen goes to wake up Juan?
5. How does Jaime Mulkerin come to own the ranch, and where is Jaime now?
6. Who arrives at the party unexpectedly and how does he make Sean jealous?
7. What does Juan say to Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana when they arrive at his home?
8. What do the voices ask Sean when he arrives at the cave, and what does Sean tell the voices?
9. Where is Eileen raised and how does she come to be in California?
10. Why does Juan not think there is a reason to share much about his people and their history?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)