|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he is a foolish man.
(b) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
(c) That he is an evil man.
(d) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
2. Who is Mariana supposed to find?
(a) Pio Pico.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Juan's son.
3. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
4. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(a) A table.
(b) Three men.
(c) Another cave.
5. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Diego.
6. How much gold does Juan say there is?
(a) Enough to pay for the ranch.
(b) Many pounds.
(c) Not much.
7. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
8. What does Silva tell Wooston?
(a) That the Mulkerin party is in a dead-end canyon.
(b) That the Mulkerin party has disappeared.
(c) That he is quitting working for Wooston.
(d) That the Mulkerin party is back at their ranch.
9. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(b) Laughter and coyote howls.
(c) Wolves howling.
(d) Owls hooting.
10. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(a) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
(c) A way to barter for the ranch.
(d) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
11. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
(a) No one.
12. Who does Sean not see?
13. Who tells Sean about Russell?
14. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
(a) He does not say.
(b) Kill them all.
(c) Make them feel miserable.
(d) Hold them hostage.
15. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(b) Wander off.
(c) Anger the spirits.
(d) Try to find the gold alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
2. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
3. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
4. Who arrives at the party?
5. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)