|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) San Diego.
2. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he may not bow to pressure.
(b) Because he may get violent.
(c) Because he has the backing of the governor.
(d) Because he is insane.
3. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(a) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
(c) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
(d) A way to barter for the ranch.
4. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(a) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
5. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
6. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(b) That they will help Sean fight him.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(d) That he is moving out of the area.
7. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
8. Who arrives at the party?
(b) The Sheriff and several deputies.
(c) The governor.
(d) Machado and some of his men.
9. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Talk about what Wooston has done.
(b) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(c) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
(d) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
10. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(b) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
(c) Eileen and Sean.
(d) Montero and Eileen.
11. Who laughs at Sean?
(d) Sean laughs at himself.
12. What does Pico know about Eileen?
(a) That she is set for life with the amount of gold she found.
(b) That she is about to marry.
(c) That she is lying.
(d) That she is ill.
13. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
(b) For being slow on her feet.
(c) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
(d) For asking him to undertake this journey.
14. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(b) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(c) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(d) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
15. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold may not be on her land.
(b) The gold is not very pure.
(c) There is no time to mine the gold.
(d) The gold is on government land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
2. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
3. How much gold does Juan say there is?
4. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
5. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)