|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
(a) Their political connections.
(b) A wealthy co-signer.
(c) The appearance of wealth.
(d) A good word from the Bishop.
2. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
(a) That Machado shot Win.
(b) That Juan is dead.
(c) That gold has been discovered.
(d) That Machado shot Sean.
3. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(a) Another cave.
(c) A table.
(d) Three men.
4. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
(a) To refuse to serve Wooston if he comes in.
(b) To attend the fandango and to spread the word about it.
(c) To tell the locals about the way Wooston threatened Eileen.
(d) To hold the next keg of beer that comes in for them.
5. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He wants to tell her a secret.
(c) He wants to get her to safety.
(d) He hears Machado's people coming.
6. Who laughs at Sean?
(b) Sean laughs at himself.
7. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(b) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
(c) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
(d) A way to barter for the ranch.
8. Who tells Sean about Russell?
9. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About Juan.
(b) About Jaime and the gold.
(c) About a fandango.
(d) About Mariana's fate.
10. Who is the elderly man on the burro the Indian is leading?
(c) No one that anyone knows.
11. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
(b) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
(c) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(d) Talk about what Wooston has done.
12. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(a) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
(c) Eileen and Sean.
(d) Montero and Eileen.
13. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For asking him to undertake this journey.
(b) For being slow on her feet.
(c) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
(d) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
14. What does Silva tell Wooston?
(a) That the Mulkerin party is back at their ranch.
(b) That the Mulkerin party has disappeared.
(c) That he is quitting working for Wooston.
(d) That the Mulkerin party is in a dead-end canyon.
15. Why is Sean hunting?
(a) For Russell.
(b) For Juan's body.
(c) For gold.
(d) For meat for the fandango.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
2. Who does Sean not see?
3. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
4. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
5. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)