|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
(a) The Spirits.
(b) The Land.
(c) The Senora.
(d) The Sky.
2. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That they will help Sean fight him.
(b) That he is moving out of the area.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(d) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
3. Why does Sean become jealous?
(a) Because Wooston dances with Mariana
(b) Because Machado dances with Mariana.
(c) Because Jorge dances with Mariana
(d) Because Silva dances with Mariana
4. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
5. What does Bell say is obvious?
(a) That Russell and Sean had old scores to settle.
(b) That the gold was from government-owned mines.
(c) That Russell is dead.
(d) That Sean is not preparing to leave the ranch.
6. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) A spirit totem.
(b) A wild mustang herd.
(c) A group of Mexican Indians.
(d) Nine or ten men.
7. Where does Sean tell Mariana to ride if Machado's men find them?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) The monastery.
(c) San Bernadino.
(d) The Mulkerin ranch.
8. What does Sean tell Machado?
(a) That there will be no fighting at the fiesta.
(b) That Sean will fight Machado for Mariana the next day.
(c) Sean refuses to speak to Machado.
(d) That Mariana wants to return to Mexico with Machado.
9. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
10. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Wander off.
(b) Try to find the gold alone.
(c) Anger the spirits.
(d) Try to beat Wooston legally.
11. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) He is dead.
(b) Juan is older than she first thought.
(c) The gold can wait.
(d) Juan is ill.
12. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
13. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(b) Covers Juan.
(c) To signal Sean and the others.
(d) To carry the gold.
14. Who tells Sean about Russell?
15. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Montero has his horse make noise.
(b) Montero and Mariana make noise.
(c) Montero throws his voice and accent.
(d) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
2. Who arrives at the party?
3. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
4. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
5. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)