|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(b) Pio Pico.
2. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(b) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(c) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(d) That she will better Wooston at his game.
3. What does Russell not believe?
(a) That Wooston will be fair to them.
(b) That there is gold.
(c) In ghosts.
(d) That they will be arrested if they kill Sean Mulkerin.
4. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
(a) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Juan.
(b) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Silva.
(c) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Russell.
(d) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Machado.
5. What does Wooston learn that angers him?
(a) About the rumors of his underhanded way to get Eileen off her land.
(b) That the governor has decided not to support Wooston's claims.
(c) About the upcoming fandango.
(d) About Eileen's upcoming marriage.
6. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
7. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Talk about what Wooston has done.
(b) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(c) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
(d) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
8. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold is not very pure.
(b) There is no time to mine the gold.
(c) The gold may not be on her land.
(d) The gold is on government land.
9. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
(a) Hands can reveal much about a person.
(b) Some hands have six fingers.
(c) Some women's hands are calloused when they should be soft.
(d) Some men's hands are soft and show they have never worked hard.
10. What does Russell find in the cave?
(a) Juan's body.
(b) A wolf carcass.
(c) Francisco's body.
(d) No gold.
11. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
(b) A spirit.
12. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
(b) Dizzy and sick.
13. What does Silva tell Wooston?
(a) That the Mulkerin party is back at their ranch.
(b) That the Mulkerin party is in a dead-end canyon.
(c) That he is quitting working for Wooston.
(d) That the Mulkerin party has disappeared.
14. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About a fandango.
(b) About Mariana's fate.
(c) About Jaime and the gold.
(d) About Juan.
15. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
(a) Two sheriff deputies.
(b) Men Wooston has hired.
(c) Men who have come to kill the Mulkerins.
(d) Men who have come to help the Mulkerins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laughs at Sean?
2. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
3. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
4. Why does Sean become jealous?
5. What does Sean tell Machado?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)