|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Montero throws his voice and accent.
(b) Montero has his horse make noise.
(c) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
(d) Montero and Mariana make noise.
2. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Protecting Eileen.
(b) Protecting the land.
(c) Getting the gold to the ranch.
(d) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
3. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) How he will spend the gold.
(c) The Unknown Ones the the Old One.
(d) Francisco is completely silent.
4. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(b) Three men.
(c) Another cave.
(d) A table.
5. What does Francisco try to talk the other man into doing?
(a) Making camp.
(b) Leaving Silva.
(c) Killing Juan.
(d) Going back to town.
6. What does Pico know about Eileen?
(a) That she is set for life with the amount of gold she found.
(b) That she is lying.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she is about to marry.
7. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
(a) That Machado shot Sean.
(b) That Machado shot Win.
(c) That gold has been discovered.
(d) That Juan is dead.
8. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
(a) He is shaking.
(b) He has a bad cough.
(c) He sits to rest in the cave and does not seem well.
(d) He is blue around the lips.
9. Who laughs at Sean?
(a) Sean laughs at himself.
10. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
(a) At the change in fortune of the Mulkerin family.
(b) At the quantity and quality of gold Eileen shows him.
(c) At the tales of Wooston's treachery.
(d) At the quantity of liquor Sean and Eileen buy.
11. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) Juan is older than she first thought.
(b) The gold can wait.
(c) Juan is ill.
(d) He is dead.
12. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(b) Talk about what Wooston has done.
(c) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
(d) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
13. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That they will help Sean fight him.
(b) That he is moving out of the area.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(d) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
14. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
15. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
(a) Two sheriff deputies.
(b) Men who have come to help the Mulkerins.
(c) Men who have come to kill the Mulkerins.
(d) Men Wooston has hired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
2. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
3. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
4. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
5. What does Eileen do with her coat?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)