|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About Jaime and the gold.
(b) About a fandango.
(c) About Mariana's fate.
(d) About Juan.
2. Who is the elderly man on the burro the Indian is leading?
(c) No one that anyone knows.
3. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Protecting Eileen.
(b) Protecting the land.
(c) Getting the gold to the ranch.
(d) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
4. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(a) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
(b) Eileen and Sean.
(d) Montero and Eileen.
5. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
(a) Some men's hands are soft and show they have never worked hard.
(b) Some hands have six fingers.
(c) Hands can reveal much about a person.
(d) Some women's hands are calloused when they should be soft.
6. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(c) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
7. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
(a) A spirit.
8. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Machado's group is in the open.
(b) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
(c) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(d) Machado wants to rest.
9. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
(b) Montero and Mariana make noise.
(c) Montero throws his voice and accent.
(d) Montero has his horse make noise.
10. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
(a) The Land.
(b) The Sky.
(c) The Senora.
(d) The Spirits.
11. Why is Sean hunting?
(a) For gold.
(b) For Juan's body.
(c) For meat for the fandango.
(d) For Russell.
12. Who is with Francisco in the mountains?
13. What does Sean tell Machado?
(a) That Sean will fight Machado for Mariana the next day.
(b) That there will be no fighting at the fiesta.
(c) Sean refuses to speak to Machado.
(d) That Mariana wants to return to Mexico with Machado.
14. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(b) Laughter and coyote howls.
(c) Owls hooting.
(d) Wolves howling.
15. Who tells Sean about Russell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francisco try to talk the other man into doing?
2. What does Russell not believe?
3. What does a voice declare about Russell?
4. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
5. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)