|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the party?
(a) Machado and some of his men.
(c) The Sheriff and several deputies.
(d) The governor.
2. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
(a) He is blue around the lips.
(b) He has a bad cough.
(c) He is shaking.
(d) He sits to rest in the cave and does not seem well.
3. Why does Wooston want to take Russell away?
(a) Because he has found the gold.
(b) To care for Russell until the man dies.
(c) To find out what happened to Francisco.
(d) To find out where Silva is.
4. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(a) A table.
(b) Another cave.
(d) Three men.
5. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(b) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(c) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(d) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
6. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he has the backing of the governor.
(b) Because he is insane.
(c) Because he may get violent.
(d) Because he may not bow to pressure.
7. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
8. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
(a) Like an Irish princess.
(b) Like a person who has never mounted a horse before.
(c) Like a sack of potatoes.
(d) Like a jockey in a race.
9. Why does Sean become jealous?
(a) Because Machado dances with Mariana.
(b) Because Silva dances with Mariana
(c) Because Jorge dances with Mariana
(d) Because Wooston dances with Mariana
10. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Protecting the land.
(b) Protecting Eileen.
(c) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
(d) Getting the gold to the ranch.
11. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He wants to tell her a secret.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He hears Machado's people coming.
(d) He wants to get her to safety.
13. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
(b) That he is an evil man.
(c) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
(d) That he is a foolish man.
14. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Anger the spirits.
(b) Try to find the gold alone.
(c) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(d) Wander off.
15. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will not take orders from a woman?
2. Why is Sean hunting?
3. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
4. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
5. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)