|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
(b) Protecting Eileen.
(c) Protecting the land.
(d) Getting the gold to the ranch.
2. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
(a) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Machado.
(b) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Silva.
(c) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Russell.
(d) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Juan.
3. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About Jaime and the gold.
(b) About Juan.
(c) About Mariana's fate.
(d) About a fandango.
4. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
5. What is Juan careful to do?
(a) Rest often.
(b) Cover his and Eileen's tracks.
(c) Mark their trail discreetly.
(d) Sing appeasing songs for the spirits.
6. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
(b) For asking him to undertake this journey.
(c) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
(d) For being slow on her feet.
7. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Montero throws his voice and accent.
(b) Montero has his horse make noise.
(c) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
(d) Montero and Mariana make noise.
9. What does Francisco try to talk the other man into doing?
(a) Going back to town.
(b) Leaving Silva.
(c) Killing Juan.
(d) Making camp.
10. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
(a) At the quantity and quality of gold Eileen shows him.
(b) At the tales of Wooston's treachery.
(c) At the quantity of liquor Sean and Eileen buy.
(d) At the change in fortune of the Mulkerin family.
11. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
12. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) The governor.
(d) A group of armed renegades.
13. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) Something that moves on the rim.
(b) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
(c) A pool of icy spring water.
(d) Some paintings on the cave wall.
14. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For refusing an eviction order.
(b) For the murder of Russell.
(c) For falsifying records.
(d) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
15. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
(a) Francisco is completely silent.
(b) How he will spend the gold.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) The Unknown Ones the the Old One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds are coming from the hills?
2. Who arrives at the party?
3. Who is the elderly man on the burro the Indian is leading?
4. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
5. Why is Sean hunting?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)