|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
(a) Like a jockey in a race.
(b) Like a sack of potatoes.
(c) Like an Irish princess.
(d) Like a person who has never mounted a horse before.
2. Who challenges Sean?
(d) No one.
3. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) A wild mustang herd.
(b) Nine or ten men.
(c) A group of Mexican Indians.
(d) A spirit totem.
4. What does Russell find in the cave?
(a) A wolf carcass.
(b) Francisco's body.
(c) Juan's body.
(d) No gold.
5. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
(a) It is steep and narrow.
(b) It runs along the water.
(c) It runs through desert.
(d) It runs inland several miles.
6. What does Russell not believe?
(a) In ghosts.
(b) That there is gold.
(c) That Wooston will be fair to them.
(d) That they will be arrested if they kill Sean Mulkerin.
7. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
(a) Men who have come to help the Mulkerins.
(b) Men Wooston has hired.
(c) Two sheriff deputies.
(d) Men who have come to kill the Mulkerins.
8. Who is Mariana supposed to find?
(a) Juan's son.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Pio Pico.
9. Where does Sean tell Mariana to ride if Machado's men find them?
(a) The Mulkerin ranch.
(b) The monastery.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Bernadino.
10. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(a) Laughter and coyote howls.
(b) Owls hooting.
(c) Wolves howling.
11. What does Pico know about Eileen?
(a) That she is lying.
(b) That she is about to marry.
(c) That she is set for life with the amount of gold she found.
(d) That she is ill.
12. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(b) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(c) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(d) That she will better Wooston at his game.
13. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For refusing an eviction order.
(b) For falsifying records.
(c) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
(d) For the murder of Russell.
14. Why does Sean become jealous?
(a) Because Wooston dances with Mariana
(b) Because Silva dances with Mariana
(c) Because Machado dances with Mariana.
(d) Because Jorge dances with Mariana
15. Who tells Sean about Russell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
2. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
3. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
4. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
5. What does Sean tell Machado?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)