|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
2. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(b) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(c) That they will help Sean fight him.
(d) That he is moving out of the area.
3. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
(a) Like a person who has never mounted a horse before.
(b) Like a sack of potatoes.
(c) Like a jockey in a race.
(d) Like an Irish princess.
4. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
(a) Mariana is back at the ranch.
(b) Mariana has made her choice.
(c) Mariana is with Juan.
(d) Mariana is in Los Angeles.
6. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For being slow on her feet.
(b) For asking him to undertake this journey.
(c) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
(d) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
7. What does Wooston learn that angers him?
(a) About Eileen's upcoming marriage.
(b) About the rumors of his underhanded way to get Eileen off her land.
(c) That the governor has decided not to support Wooston's claims.
(d) About the upcoming fandango.
8. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To carry the gold.
(b) To signal Sean and the others.
(c) Covers Juan.
(d) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
9. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
(a) How he will spend the gold.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) Francisco is completely silent.
(d) The Unknown Ones the the Old One.
10. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(a) Montero and Eileen.
(b) Eileen and Sean.
(d) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
11. Who does Sean not see?
12. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
(a) The Land.
(b) The Spirits.
(c) The Sky.
(d) The Senora.
13. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) Juan is ill.
(b) The gold can wait.
(c) Juan is older than she first thought.
(d) He is dead.
14. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He hears Machado's people coming.
(b) He wants to tell her a secret.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He wants to get her to safety.
15. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(a) Pio Pico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
2. What is Juan careful to do?
3. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
4. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
5. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)