|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) Juan is older than she first thought.
(b) He is dead.
(c) Juan is ill.
(d) The gold can wait.
2. What does Pico know about Eileen?
(a) That she is about to marry.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she is set for life with the amount of gold she found.
(d) That she is lying.
3. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Getting the gold to the ranch.
(b) Protecting Eileen.
(c) Protecting the land.
(d) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
4. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) A group of armed renegades.
(c) The governor.
5. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He hears Machado's people coming.
(b) He wants to tell her a secret.
(c) He wants to get her to safety.
(d) He is lonely.
6. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) Nine or ten men.
(b) A group of Mexican Indians.
(c) A wild mustang herd.
(d) A spirit totem.
7. How much gold does Juan say there is?
(a) Enough to pay for the ranch.
(c) Not much.
(d) Many pounds.
8. Why is Sean hunting?
(a) For Juan's body.
(b) For Russell.
(c) For gold.
(d) For meat for the fandango.
9. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
(a) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Machado.
(b) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Silva.
(c) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Russell.
(d) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Juan.
10. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About a fandango.
(b) About Jaime and the gold.
(c) About Juan.
(d) About Mariana's fate.
11. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(d) Pio Pico.
12. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
(b) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
(c) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(d) Talk about what Wooston has done.
13. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
(b) Seeing a note scrawled by Jaime on a rock.
(c) Pick and shovel marks on the stone.
(d) Some small gold nuggets laying around.
14. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
(a) Dizzy and sick.
15. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(b) Try to find the gold alone.
(c) Anger the spirits.
(d) Wander off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
2. Who challenges Sean?
3. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
4. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
5. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)