|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
2. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
(b) That he is a foolish man.
(c) That he is an evil man.
(d) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
3. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
(a) That there is so much gold.
(b) That there is only a few dollars of gold.
(c) That Juan is dead.
(d) That Juan has gone to stop Machado.
4. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
(c) No one.
5. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(b) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(c) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(d) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
6. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(a) A table.
(b) Three men.
(c) Another cave.
7. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
(a) He is blue around the lips.
(b) He has a bad cough.
(c) He sits to rest in the cave and does not seem well.
(d) He is shaking.
8. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
(d) Dizzy and sick.
9. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he is insane.
(b) Because he may not bow to pressure.
(c) Because he has the backing of the governor.
(d) Because he may get violent.
10. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(b) That he is moving out of the area.
(c) That they will help Sean fight him.
(d) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
11. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
(a) Men Wooston has hired.
(b) Two sheriff deputies.
(c) Men who have come to kill the Mulkerins.
(d) Men who have come to help the Mulkerins.
12. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Machado's group is in the open.
(b) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(c) Machado wants to rest.
(d) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
13. Why does Sean wake Mariana?
(a) He wants to tell her a secret.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He hears Machado's people coming.
(d) He wants to get her to safety.
14. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
(a) Their political connections.
(b) A good word from the Bishop.
(c) A wealthy co-signer.
(d) The appearance of wealth.
15. What do Sean and Eileen do when they stop at a local store?
(a) Spread the news of the gold and the fandango.
(b) Talk about what Wooston has done.
(c) Show everyone the gold they have found.
(d) Buy numerous quarts of whiskey for the fandango.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
2. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
3. Who is Mariana supposed to find?
4. Why is Eileen distraught?
5. What does Silva tell Wooston?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)