|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sean not see?
2. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
(a) The Sky.
(b) The Land.
(c) The Spirits.
(d) The Senora.
3. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) Covers Juan.
(b) To carry the gold.
(c) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(d) To signal Sean and the others.
4. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
(a) Getting the gold to the ranch.
(b) Protecting the land.
(c) Protecting Eileen.
(d) Hiding the gold once they recover it.
5. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
(a) At the quantity and quality of gold Eileen shows him.
(b) At the tales of Wooston's treachery.
(c) At the change in fortune of the Mulkerin family.
(d) At the quantity of liquor Sean and Eileen buy.
6. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About Juan.
(b) About Jaime and the gold.
(c) About a fandango.
(d) About Mariana's fate.
7. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
8. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) A pool of icy spring water.
(b) Some paintings on the cave wall.
(c) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
(d) Something that moves on the rim.
9. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
10. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he is an evil man.
(b) That he is a foolish man.
(c) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
(d) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
11. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(a) Eileen and Sean.
(b) Montero and Eileen.
(c) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
12. Why does Wooston want to take Russell away?
(a) To find out where Silva is.
(b) Because he has found the gold.
(c) To care for Russell until the man dies.
(d) To find out what happened to Francisco.
13. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(b) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(c) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(d) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
14. Who challenges Sean?
(a) No one.
15. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
(a) Hands can reveal much about a person.
(b) Some hands have six fingers.
(c) Some women's hands are calloused when they should be soft.
(d) Some men's hands are soft and show they have never worked hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooston learn that angers him?
2. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
3. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
4. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
5. How much gold does Juan say there is?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)