|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he is moving out of the area.
(b) That they will help Sean fight him.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(d) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
2. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
3. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
4. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(b) Pio Pico.
5. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
6. Who tells Sean about Russell?
7. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) There is no time to mine the gold.
(b) The gold may not be on her land.
(c) The gold is on government land.
(d) The gold is not very pure.
8. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(a) A way to barter for the ranch.
(b) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
(d) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
9. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To signal Sean and the others.
(b) Covers Juan.
(c) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(d) To carry the gold.
10. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
(a) That there is only a few dollars of gold.
(b) That Juan is dead.
(c) That there is so much gold.
(d) That Juan has gone to stop Machado.
11. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
(a) Mariana is in Los Angeles.
(b) Mariana has made her choice.
(c) Mariana is back at the ranch.
(d) Mariana is with Juan.
12. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
(a) The Sky.
(b) The Spirits.
(c) The Senora.
(d) The Land.
13. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) How he will spend the gold.
(c) The Unknown Ones the the Old One.
(d) Francisco is completely silent.
14. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
(a) Some hands have six fingers.
(b) Some women's hands are calloused when they should be soft.
(c) Hands can reveal much about a person.
(d) Some men's hands are soft and show they have never worked hard.
15. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(b) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
(c) Eileen and Sean.
(d) Montero and Eileen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will not take orders from a woman?
2. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
3. What sounds are coming from the hills?
4. Who is with Francisco in the mountains?
5. Why is Sean hunting?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)