|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell not believe?
(a) In ghosts.
(b) That they will be arrested if they kill Sean Mulkerin.
(c) That Wooston will be fair to them.
(d) That there is gold.
2. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
(a) The appearance of wealth.
(b) A good word from the Bishop.
(c) A wealthy co-signer.
(d) Their political connections.
3. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(b) Eileen and Sean.
(c) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
(d) Montero and Eileen.
4. What is Juan careful to do?
(a) Rest often.
(b) Cover his and Eileen's tracks.
(c) Sing appeasing songs for the spirits.
(d) Mark their trail discreetly.
5. Who is with Francisco in the mountains?
6. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(b) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
(c) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
(d) A way to barter for the ranch.
7. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
(a) Men who have come to kill the Mulkerins.
(b) Men who have come to help the Mulkerins.
(c) Men Wooston has hired.
(d) Two sheriff deputies.
8. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To carry the gold.
(b) Covers Juan.
(c) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(d) To signal Sean and the others.
9. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
(a) Some men's hands are soft and show they have never worked hard.
(b) Some women's hands are calloused when they should be soft.
(c) Some hands have six fingers.
(d) Hands can reveal much about a person.
10. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(a) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
11. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(b) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(c) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(d) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
12. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About a fandango.
(b) About Jaime and the gold.
(c) About Juan.
(d) About Mariana's fate.
13. Why is Sean hunting?
(a) For gold.
(b) For Juan's body.
(c) For meat for the fandango.
(d) For Russell.
14. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) A group of armed renegades.
(b) The governor.
(d) The sheriff.
15. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Machado wants to rest.
(b) Machado's group is in the open.
(c) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
(d) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
2. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
3. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
4. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
5. Of whom is Russell said to be an enemy?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)