|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
(b) That he is an evil man.
(c) That he is a foolish man.
(d) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
2. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Make them feel miserable.
(c) Hold them hostage.
(d) He does not say.
3. Who tells Sean about Russell?
4. Who does Sean not see?
5. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Santa Barbara.
6. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he may get violent.
(b) Because he may not bow to pressure.
(c) Because he is insane.
(d) Because he has the backing of the governor.
7. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For asking him to undertake this journey.
(b) For being slow on her feet.
(c) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
(d) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
8. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(b) That he is moving out of the area.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(d) That they will help Sean fight him.
9. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
(a) The Unknown Ones the the Old One.
(b) Francisco is completely silent.
(c) How he will spend the gold.
(d) His girlfriend.
10. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
(a) Men who have come to kill the Mulkerins.
(b) Men Wooston has hired.
(c) Men who have come to help the Mulkerins.
(d) Two sheriff deputies.
11. Who do Marchado's men fire at in the morning?
(a) Montero and Eileen.
(b) Eileen and Sean.
(c) Sean, Montero and Mariana.
12. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(b) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
13. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About Juan.
(b) About a fandango.
(c) About Mariana's fate.
(d) About Jaime and the gold.
14. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(b) A group of armed renegades.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The governor.
15. Why is Sean hunting?
(a) For Juan's body.
(b) For gold.
(c) For Russell.
(d) For meat for the fandango.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
2. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
3. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
4. Who is with Francisco in the mountains?
5. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)