|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francisco try to talk the other man into doing?
(a) Making camp.
(b) Leaving Silva.
(c) Killing Juan.
(d) Going back to town.
2. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(b) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(c) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(d) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
3. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
(a) Some women's hands are calloused when they should be soft.
(b) Some hands have six fingers.
(c) Hands can reveal much about a person.
(d) Some men's hands are soft and show they have never worked hard.
4. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
(c) A spirit.
5. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) A spirit totem.
(b) A wild mustang herd.
(c) Nine or ten men.
(d) A group of Mexican Indians.
6. Why does Sean become jealous?
(a) Because Jorge dances with Mariana
(b) Because Machado dances with Mariana.
(c) Because Wooston dances with Mariana
(d) Because Silva dances with Mariana
7. Who covers Eileen and the others' tracks?
(d) No one.
8. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
(a) Like a sack of potatoes.
(b) Like a jockey in a race.
(c) Like a person who has never mounted a horse before.
(d) Like an Irish princess.
9. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
(a) A good word from the Bishop.
(b) A wealthy co-signer.
(c) The appearance of wealth.
(d) Their political connections.
10. Who challenges Sean?
(c) No one.
11. Who arrives at the party?
(a) The Sheriff and several deputies.
(c) The governor.
(d) Machado and some of his men.
12. What does Russell find in the cave?
(a) No gold.
(b) Juan's body.
(c) Francisco's body.
(d) A wolf carcass.
13. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(b) Machado wants to rest.
(c) Machado's group is in the open.
(d) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
14. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(b) Try to find the gold alone.
(c) Anger the spirits.
(d) Wander off.
15. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(b) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sean tell Mariana to ride if Machado's men find them?
2. What does Silva tell Wooston?
3. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
4. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
5. Who is Mariana supposed to find?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)