|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(b) San Francisco.
2. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
3. What is the name of Sean's boat?
(a) The Rancheria.
(b) The Luck of the Draw.
(c) The Lady of Liberty.
(d) Lady Luck.
4. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Eileen and Montero.
(b) Just Montero.
(c) Just Sean and Eileen.
(d) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
5. What did Jaime find twice?
(a) A way around Eileen's legal problems.
(b) A way to send one son to Ireland.
(c) A lost calf.
6. What is Michael's occupation?
7. How old is Juan?
(a) No one knows.
8. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
9. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) Not until well into the night.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) At sunset.
(d) They do not make camp.
10. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(d) Natural gas.
11. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
(b) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
(c) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
(d) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
12. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) He does not mention any new tribes.
(b) The tribes of California.
(c) The Plains Indians.
(d) The Aztecs and Incas.
13. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The outhouse.
(b) Fields of wheat.
(c) Fields of corn.
(d) The barn.
14. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
15. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) An Indian shaman.
(b) A good friend of Sean's.
(c) The current governor of California.
(d) The padre at the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Juan say is following them?
2. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
3. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
4. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
5. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)