|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By working for passage on a freighter.
(b) On a smuggler's boat.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
2. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
3. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Into a heavily-treed forest.
(b) Behind a waterfall.
(c) Onto a hidden trail.
(d) Into a cave.
4. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(b) Send her to stay in town.
(c) Send her back to her uncle.
(d) Let her live at the ranch.
5. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) Sandal tracks.
(b) A talisman.
(c) Burned wood pieces.
(d) A rusted, old knife.
6. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(b) A redwood forest.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
7. How many men does Juan say is following them?
8. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
9. How old is Juan?
(b) No one knows.
10. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) Not until well into the night.
(b) At sunset.
(c) They do not make camp.
(d) Late afternoon.
11. How many more days are there to the trip?
(a) A few hours.
12. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
(a) Sean thinks Juan is a little crazy.
(b) Sean is leary of Juan.
(c) Sean trusts Juan completely.
(d) Sean is unsure of how to respond to Juan.
13. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
(b) That she is in danger more than the others.
(c) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
(d) That she should not have come.
14. What is near the open porch?
(a) A lean-to stable.
(b) A well.
(c) A four-car garage.
(d) An open cistern.
15. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
2. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
3. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
4. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
5. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)