|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The outhouse.
(b) Fields of corn.
(c) The barn.
(d) Fields of wheat.
2. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(b) Hire a lawyer.
(c) Stay at the ranch.
(d) Find out more about Wooston.
3. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
(b) Spare Eileen.
(c) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
(d) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
4. Where is Eileen's father killed?
5. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
6. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
(a) Two donkeys.
(b) Two mules.
(c) Two pack horses.
(d) A donkey and a wagon.
7. What is Michael's occupation?
8. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
(a) Because Juan's memory is lagging.
(b) Because other people will try to find the route.
(c) Because Juan is going to die soon.
(d) Because it is dangerous to get off the path.
9. From whom is Maria fleeing?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) The law.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her father.
10. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
(a) Just Eileen.
(b) No one.
(c) Sean or Eileen.
(d) Just Sean.
11. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) A rusted, old knife.
(b) Sandal tracks.
(c) Burned wood pieces.
(d) A talisman.
12. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(c) San Francisco.
13. Where is Eileen raised?
14. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
(a) The gift of being a horse whisperer.
(b) His ability to communicate with people who speak different languages.
(c) The ability to speak to deceased people.
(d) None that are mentioned.
15. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(b) Send her sons to college.
(c) Send her sons to her home in England.
(d) Save her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
2. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
3. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
4. Who is Jaime?
5. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)