|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the local Indians known as?
(d) Honest men and women.
2. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
(b) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
(c) That she must leave immediately.
(d) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
3. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
(b) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
(c) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
(d) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
4. What is the name of Sean's boat?
(a) The Lady of Liberty.
(b) The Luck of the Draw.
(c) The Rancheria.
(d) Lady Luck.
5. Who moves like a young vaquero?
6. What is near the open porch?
(a) A lean-to stable.
(b) An open cistern.
(c) A well.
(d) A four-car garage.
7. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(b) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(c) He inherits it from his father.
(d) He buys it from his brother.
8. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(d) San Francisco.
9. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Let her live at the ranch.
(b) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(c) Send her back to her uncle.
(d) Send her to stay in town.
10. How old is Juan?
(a) No one knows.
11. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
12. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's lawyer.
(b) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
(c) Eileen's brother.
(d) Eileen's husband.
13. What is Michael's occupation?
14. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
(a) That his people live in South America.
(b) He has a large extended family living in the hills.
(c) His tribe lives somewhere in the hills, though he has no close relatives alive.
(d) He is the last of his people.
15. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her oldest sister.
(c) An aunt and uncle.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
2. Who is Jaime?
3. What did Jaime find twice?
4. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
5. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)