|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's husband.
(b) Eileen's lawyer.
(c) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
(d) Eileen's brother.
2. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) Her oldest sister.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) An aunt and uncle.
(d) No one.
3. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(a) Natural gas.
4. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) A good friend of Jaime.
(b) A judge.
(c) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
(d) A monk and spiritual leader.
5. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
6. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
(a) Sean trusts Juan completely.
(b) Sean thinks Juan is a little crazy.
(c) Sean is unsure of how to respond to Juan.
(d) Sean is leary of Juan.
7. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
(c) No one.
8. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) Fields of corn.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) The barn.
(d) Fields of wheat.
9. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
(a) The old ways of the Indians.
(d) A book Jaime leaves them.
10. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
11. What is near the open porch?
(a) A well.
(b) An open cistern.
(c) A lean-to stable.
(d) A four-car garage.
12. How many sons does Eileen have?
13. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) The mountains.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A huge lake.
(d) The high desert.
14. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That she must leave immediately.
(b) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
(c) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
(d) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
15. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
(a) The ability to speak to deceased people.
(b) None that are mentioned.
(c) The gift of being a horse whisperer.
(d) His ability to communicate with people who speak different languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
2. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
3. How many men does Juan say is following them?
4. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
5. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)