|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eileen raised?
2. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) That they should not be there.
(b) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
(c) Someone is coming.
(d) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
3. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
4. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
(b) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
(c) That she must leave immediately.
(d) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
5. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's lawyer.
(b) Eileen's brother.
(c) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
(d) Eileen's husband.
6. From whom is Maria fleeing?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) Her father.
(c) The law.
(d) Her uncle.
7. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) An aunt and uncle.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her oldest sister.
(d) No one.
8. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By horseback.
(b) On a smuggler's boat.
(c) By working for passage on a freighter.
(d) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
9. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Help them with their legal problems.
(b) Evict them.
(c) Help them with their finances.
(d) Sue them.
10. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
(d) In Ireland.
11. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A redwood forest.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
12. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Save her home.
(b) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(c) Send her sons to college.
(d) Send her sons to her home in England.
13. What are the local Indians known as?
(d) Honest men and women.
14. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
(a) No one.
15. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
2. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
3. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
4. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
5. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)