|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By working for passage on a freighter.
(d) On a smuggler's boat.
2. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
(a) The ability to speak to deceased people.
(b) His ability to communicate with people who speak different languages.
(c) None that are mentioned.
(d) The gift of being a horse whisperer.
3. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(a) Natural gas.
4. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless ranch hand.
(b) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
(c) A careless neighbor.
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
6. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(a) Just a big fire set by lightening.
(b) Fire and earthquake.
(d) Ignoring tradition.
7. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) A good friend of Jaime.
(b) A monk and spiritual leader.
(c) A judge.
(d) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
8. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
(a) She will leave the ranch in one month.
(b) She will leave the ranch the next day.
(c) She will pay the note.
(d) She will drop her lawsuit against Wooston.
9. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Help them with their finances.
(b) Evict them.
(c) Help them with their legal problems.
(d) Sue them.
10. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) Someone is coming.
(b) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
(c) That they should not be there.
(d) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
11. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(b) Just Eileen and Montero.
(c) Just Sean and Eileen.
(d) Just Montero.
12. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
13. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By Sean.
(b) By Win.
(c) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
(d) By suing Wooston.
14. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A redwood forest.
(b) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
15. Where is Eileen's father killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eileen raised?
2. What is the name of Sean's boat?
3. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
4. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
5. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)