|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Eileen have?
2. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) An aunt and uncle.
(b) Her oldest sister.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(d) It is nonsense.
4. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
6. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(b) Natural gas.
7. How many more days are there to the trip?
(a) A few hours.
8. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(c) A redwood forest.
(d) The Sacramento River.
9. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(a) San Francisco.
10. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) A huge lake.
(b) The high desert.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) The mountains.
11. Where is Eileen raised?
12. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
(a) No one.
(c) Juan Montero.
13. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Evict them.
(b) Help them with their legal problems.
(c) Sue them.
(d) Help them with their finances.
14. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(a) Ignoring tradition.
(c) Fire and earthquake.
(d) Just a big fire set by lightening.
15. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) Not until well into the night.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) At sunset.
(d) They do not make camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is near the open porch?
2. What is Michael going to do?
3. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
4. How many men does Juan say is following them?
5. What does Sean have in his hands?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)