|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) The current governor of California.
(b) The padre at the monastery.
(c) A good friend of Sean's.
(d) An Indian shaman.
2. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Help them with their finances.
(b) Help them with their legal problems.
(c) Sue them.
(d) Evict them.
3. What are the local Indians known as?
(d) Honest men and women.
4. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Find out more about Wooston.
(b) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(c) Hire a lawyer.
(d) Stay at the ranch.
5. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
6. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) He does not mention any new tribes.
(b) The Plains Indians.
(c) The Aztecs and Incas.
(d) The tribes of California.
7. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) They grew too much of one crop.
(c) Legal problems.
(d) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
8. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) At sunset.
(b) They do not make camp.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Not until well into the night.
9. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
(a) She will pay the note.
(b) She will leave the ranch the next day.
(c) She will leave the ranch in one month.
(d) She will drop her lawsuit against Wooston.
10. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
11. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) The high desert.
(b) A huge lake.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) The mountains.
12. Who is Jaime?
(a) One of Eileen's sons.
(b) The careless ranch hand who caused the fire.
(c) Eileen's deceased husband.
(d) The careless neighbor who caused the fire.
13. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Sacramento River.
(b) A redwood forest.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
14. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(b) No one.
15. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to her home in England.
(b) Save her home.
(c) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(d) Send her sons to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jaime find twice?
2. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
3. Where is Eileen raised?
4. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
5. Who is Zeke Wooston?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)