|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Onto a hidden trail.
(b) Into a heavily-treed forest.
(c) Behind a waterfall.
(d) Into a cave.
2. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
(a) He has a large extended family living in the hills.
(b) That his people live in South America.
(c) His tribe lives somewhere in the hills, though he has no close relatives alive.
(d) He is the last of his people.
3. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
(b) By working for passage on a freighter.
(c) By horseback.
(d) On a smuggler's boat.
4. What is Michael's occupation?
5. What did Jaime find twice?
(a) A way to send one son to Ireland.
(b) A way around Eileen's legal problems.
(c) A lost calf.
6. Where is Eileen raised?
7. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless neighbor.
(b) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
(c) A careless ranch hand.
8. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) At sunset.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Not until well into the night.
(d) They do not make camp.
9. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
(b) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
(c) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
(d) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
10. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
(b) Spare Eileen.
(c) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
(d) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
11. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
12. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's brother.
(b) Eileen's husband.
(c) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
(d) Eileen's lawyer.
13. How many sons does Eileen have?
14. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(c) No one.
15. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(b) He inherits it from his father.
(c) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(d) He buys it from his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
2. How old is Juan?
3. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
4. Where is the Mulkerin house?
5. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)