|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
(b) Spare Eileen.
(c) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
(d) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
2. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
3. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
(a) His ability to communicate with people who speak different languages.
(b) The gift of being a horse whisperer.
(c) None that are mentioned.
(d) The ability to speak to deceased people.
4. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) An Indian shaman.
(b) The padre at the monastery.
(c) A good friend of Sean's.
(d) The current governor of California.
5. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
(a) No one.
(b) Just Sean.
(c) Sean or Eileen.
(d) Just Eileen.
6. How many men does Juan say is following them?
7. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
(c) No one.
8. Who is Jaime?
(a) One of Eileen's sons.
(b) Eileen's deceased husband.
(c) The careless neighbor who caused the fire.
(d) The careless ranch hand who caused the fire.
9. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(d) No one.
10. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(a) Ignoring tradition.
(b) Just a big fire set by lightening.
(c) Fire and earthquake.
11. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) The Plains Indians.
(b) He does not mention any new tribes.
(c) The tribes of California.
(d) The Aztecs and Incas.
12. What did Jaime find twice?
(b) A way to send one son to Ireland.
(c) A way around Eileen's legal problems.
(d) A lost calf.
13. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) At sunset.
(b) Not until well into the night.
(c) They do not make camp.
(d) Late afternoon.
14. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By suing Wooston.
(b) By Win.
(c) By Sean.
(d) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
15. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) A totem pole.
(b) A huge lake.
(c) The high desert.
(d) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
2. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
3. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
4. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
5. What does Sean have in his hands?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)