|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(b) Stay at the ranch.
(c) Find out more about Wooston.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
2. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) He does not mention any new tribes.
(b) The Plains Indians.
(c) The tribes of California.
(d) The Aztecs and Incas.
3. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) On a smuggler's boat.
(b) By working for passage on a freighter.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
4. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
(b) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
(c) That they should not be there.
(d) Someone is coming.
5. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
(a) A donkey and a wagon.
(b) Two mules.
(c) Two pack horses.
(d) Two donkeys.
6. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(b) Let her live at the ranch.
(c) Send her to stay in town.
(d) Send her back to her uncle.
7. Who moves like a young vaquero?
8. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
9. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) The other party will lose its way.
(d) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
10. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
11. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Sean and Eileen.
(b) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(c) Just Montero.
(d) Just Eileen and Montero.
12. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By suing Wooston.
(b) By Win.
(c) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
(d) By Sean.
13. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
14. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) Legal problems.
(b) They grew too much of one crop.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
15. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(b) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
(c) A careless neighbor.
(d) A careless ranch hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
2. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
3. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
4. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
5. How many men does Juan say is following them?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)