|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
(a) Because Juan is going to die soon.
(b) Because it is dangerous to get off the path.
(c) Because other people will try to find the route.
(d) Because Juan's memory is lagging.
2. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's lawyer.
(b) Eileen's brother.
(c) Eileen's husband.
(d) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
3. What does Sean have in his hands?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A recorder.
(c) A whip.
(d) A shotgun.
4. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(d) Natural gas.
5. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) A monk and spiritual leader.
(b) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
(c) A good friend of Jaime.
(d) A judge.
6. What is near the open porch?
(a) A four-car garage.
(b) A well.
(c) A lean-to stable.
(d) An open cistern.
7. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) A rusted, old knife.
(b) Burned wood pieces.
(c) Sandal tracks.
(d) A talisman.
8. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) Legal problems.
(b) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) They grew too much of one crop.
9. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
10. What are the local Indians known as?
(b) Honest men and women.
11. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
12. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
13. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
(a) Sean or Eileen.
(b) Just Eileen.
(c) No one.
(d) Just Sean.
14. How old is Juan?
(c) No one knows.
15. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) That they should not be there.
(b) Someone is coming.
(c) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
(d) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
2. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
3. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
4. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
5. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)