|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By Win.
(b) By Sean.
(c) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
(d) By suing Wooston.
2. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
(b) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
(c) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
(d) That she must leave immediately.
3. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
(b) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
(c) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
(d) Spare Eileen.
4. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(b) Ignoring tradition.
(c) Fire and earthquake.
(d) Just a big fire set by lightening.
5. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
6. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) Fields of corn.
(b) Fields of wheat.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) The barn.
7. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
8. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to college.
(b) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(c) Save her home.
(d) Send her sons to her home in England.
9. Who is Sean?
(a) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
(b) Eileen's husband.
(c) Eileen's brother.
(d) Eileen's lawyer.
10. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
(a) Sean thinks Juan is a little crazy.
(b) Sean is leary of Juan.
(c) Sean is unsure of how to respond to Juan.
(d) Sean trusts Juan completely.
11. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) The padre at the monastery.
(b) A good friend of Sean's.
(c) The current governor of California.
(d) An Indian shaman.
12. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
13. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The high desert.
(c) A huge lake.
(d) A totem pole.
14. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Eileen and Montero.
(b) Just Montero.
(c) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(d) Just Sean and Eileen.
15. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Sacramento River.
(b) A redwood forest.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zeke Wooston?
2. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
3. What does Sean have in his hands?
4. Where does Juan take the group?
5. What are the local Indians known as?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)