|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eileen raised?
2. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) He does not mention any new tribes.
(b) The tribes of California.
(c) The Aztecs and Incas.
(d) The Plains Indians.
3. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He inherits it from his father.
(b) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(c) He buys it from his brother.
(d) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
4. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
(a) Because Juan's memory is lagging.
(b) Because other people will try to find the route.
(c) Because Juan is going to die soon.
(d) Because it is dangerous to get off the path.
5. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) Someone is coming.
(b) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
(c) That they should not be there.
(d) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
6. Where is Eileen's father killed?
7. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) They do not make camp.
(b) At sunset.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Not until well into the night.
8. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(b) Find out more about Wooston.
(c) Hire a lawyer.
(d) Stay at the ranch.
9. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By Win.
(b) By Sean.
(c) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
(d) By suing Wooston.
10. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
11. What is near the open porch?
(a) A well.
(b) An open cistern.
(c) A lean-to stable.
(d) A four-car garage.
12. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
13. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
14. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
(b) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
(c) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
(d) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
15. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
(c) Juan Montero.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
2. What did Jaime find twice?
3. How old is Juan?
4. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
5. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)