|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jaime find twice?
(a) A lost calf.
(c) A way to send one son to Ireland.
(d) A way around Eileen's legal problems.
2. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
(b) No one.
(c) Juan Montero.
3. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
4. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Sue them.
(b) Help them with their finances.
(c) Evict them.
(d) Help them with their legal problems.
5. What does Sean have in his hands?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A recorder.
(c) A whip.
(d) A pistol.
6. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(c) San Francisco.
7. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
(b) A good friend of Jaime.
(c) A monk and spiritual leader.
(d) A judge.
8. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The barn.
(b) Fields of corn.
(c) Fields of wheat.
(d) The outhouse.
9. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
(a) He has a large extended family living in the hills.
(b) That his people live in South America.
(c) He is the last of his people.
(d) His tribe lives somewhere in the hills, though he has no close relatives alive.
10. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she is in danger more than the others.
(b) That she should not have come.
(c) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
(d) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
11. What is the name of Sean's boat?
(a) Lady Luck.
(b) The Luck of the Draw.
(c) The Rancheria.
(d) The Lady of Liberty.
12. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
13. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
(b) A book Jaime leaves them.
(d) The old ways of the Indians.
14. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In Mexico.
(d) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
15. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
2. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
3. Who moves like a young vaquero?
4. From whom is Maria fleeing?
5. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)