|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
(a) Two donkeys.
(b) Two pack horses.
(c) Two mules.
(d) A donkey and a wagon.
2. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
(b) Spare Eileen.
(c) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
(d) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
3. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Find out more about Wooston.
(b) Stay at the ranch.
(c) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
(d) Hire a lawyer.
4. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) On a smuggler's boat.
(b) By working for passage on a freighter.
(c) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
(d) By horseback.
5. What does Sean have in his hands?
(a) A whip.
(b) A recorder.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A shotgun.
6. Who is Jaime?
(a) One of Eileen's sons.
(b) Eileen's deceased husband.
(c) The careless ranch hand who caused the fire.
(d) The careless neighbor who caused the fire.
7. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) The Aztecs and Incas.
(b) He does not mention any new tribes.
(c) The tribes of California.
(d) The Plains Indians.
8. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
9. What is the name of Sean's boat?
(a) The Lady of Liberty.
(b) The Luck of the Draw.
(c) Lady Luck.
(d) The Rancheria.
10. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) A redwood forest.
(d) The Sacramento River.
11. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
12. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
(a) No one.
13. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) Her oldest sister.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) No one.
(d) An aunt and uncle.
14. How many sons does Eileen have?
15. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
(a) Sean is leary of Juan.
(b) Sean trusts Juan completely.
(c) Sean is unsure of how to respond to Juan.
(d) Sean thinks Juan is a little crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
2. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
3. Where is Eileen raised?
4. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
5. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)