|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Montero.
(b) Just Eileen and Montero.
(c) Just Sean and Eileen.
(d) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
2. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
3. From whom is Maria fleeing?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her fiance.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The law.
4. What does Sean have in his hands?
(a) A whip.
(b) A recorder.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A pistol.
5. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Into a cave.
(b) Behind a waterfall.
(c) Onto a hidden trail.
(d) Into a heavily-treed forest.
6. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
7. How many sons does Eileen have?
8. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) On a smuggler's boat.
(b) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By working for passage on a freighter.
9. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(b) In Ireland.
(c) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
(d) In Mexico.
10. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
11. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Find out more about Wooston.
(b) Hire a lawyer.
(c) Stay at the ranch.
(d) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
12. Where is Eileen's father killed?
13. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
(c) No one.
14. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(b) Fire and earthquake.
(c) Ignoring tradition.
(d) Just a big fire set by lightening.
15. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
2. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
3. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
4. About whom does Sean worry?
5. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)