|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
(a) Two donkeys.
(b) Two mules.
(c) A donkey and a wagon.
(d) Two pack horses.
2. Where is Eileen raised?
3. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Into a cave.
(b) Into a heavily-treed forest.
(c) Behind a waterfall.
(d) Onto a hidden trail.
4. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to her home in England.
(b) Save her home.
(c) Send her sons to college.
(d) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
5. Where is Eileen's father killed?
6. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
7. What is Michael going to do?
(a) Hire a lawyer.
(b) Stay at the ranch.
(c) Find out more about Wooston.
(d) Try to raise some cash from some friends.
8. Who is Sean?
(a) A man who is coming to the Mulkerin home from Mexico.
(b) Eileen's husband.
(c) Eileen's lawyer.
(d) Eileen's brother.
9. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
(a) Sean or Eileen.
(b) No one.
(c) Just Eileen.
(d) Just Sean.
10. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In Mexico.
(d) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
11. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(b) A redwood forest.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
12. What is near the open porch?
(a) A well.
(b) An open cistern.
(c) A lean-to stable.
(d) A four-car garage.
13. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(b) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) The other party will lose its way.
14. What is Michael's occupation?
15. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) Fields of wheat.
(b) Fields of corn.
(c) The barn.
(d) The outhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
2. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
3. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
4. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
5. What does Sean have in his hands?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)