|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(a) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
(b) The other party will lose its way.
(d) He is not sure.
2. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) The current governor of California.
(b) A good friend of Sean's.
(c) The padre at the monastery.
(d) An Indian shaman.
3. How many sons does Eileen have?
4. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
5. Who moves like a young vaquero?
6. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to stay in town.
(b) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(c) Send her back to her uncle.
(d) Let her live at the ranch.
7. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
(a) A totem pole.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A huge lake.
(d) The high desert.
8. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
(a) He has a large extended family living in the hills.
(b) His tribe lives somewhere in the hills, though he has no close relatives alive.
(c) He is the last of his people.
(d) That his people live in South America.
9. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
(b) That they should not be there.
(c) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
(d) Someone is coming.
10. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she is in danger more than the others.
(b) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
(c) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
(d) That she should not have come.
11. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That she must leave immediately.
(b) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
(c) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
(d) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
12. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) Sandal tracks.
(b) Burned wood pieces.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A rusted, old knife.
13. What is near the open porch?
(a) A four-car garage.
(b) A lean-to stable.
(c) An open cistern.
(d) A well.
14. What is Michael's occupation?
15. From whom is Maria fleeing?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her fiance.
(c) The law.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eileen raised?
2. Who is Zeke Wooston?
3. Who is Jaime?
4. Where does Juan take the group?
5. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)