|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He inherits it from his father.
(b) He buys it from his brother.
(c) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(d) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
2. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
(a) It runs inland several miles.
(b) It runs through desert.
(c) It is steep and narrow.
(d) It runs along the water.
3. Where do Del Campo and Polanco go?
(a) To Topanga Canyon.
(b) To downtown Los Angeles.
(c) To the wharf in southern Los Angeles.
(d) To Sean's boat.
4. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For the murder of Russell.
(b) For falsifying records.
(c) For refusing an eviction order.
(d) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
5. What does Eileen find on the mantel of her home?
(a) The missing pipe.
(b) The missing talisman.
(c) A jar of gold.
(d) A note from Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sean figure is inside the ranch house?
2. What is Michael going to do?
3. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
4. How many sons does Eileen have?
5. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)