|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) On a smuggler's boat.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By working for passage on a freighter.
(d) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
2. About whom does Sean worry?
(a) The old one.
(c) Eileen and Mariana.
3. For what is Beltran known?
(a) As a kind man.
(b) As a hunter, scalper and murderer.
(c) As an incompetent bumbler.
(d) As a simple-minded man.
4. Why is Eileen distraught?
(a) There is only enough gold to pay half of what she owes on the ranch.
(b) Win is lost in the canyon.
(c) Sean is shot.
(d) Mariana is captured by Marchado's men.
5. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Montero has his horse make noise.
(b) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
(c) Montero and Mariana make noise.
(d) Montero throws his voice and accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
2. How many men does Juan say is following them?
3. Why does Juan say it is important for the party to remember the route?
4. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
5. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)