|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(b) Send her back to her uncle.
(c) Let her live at the ranch.
(d) Send her to stay in town.
2. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That she will better Wooston at his game.
(b) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(c) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(d) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
3. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For refusing an eviction order.
(b) For the murder of Russell.
(c) For falsifying records.
(d) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
4. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(b) In Ireland.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
5. How do Velasco and Beltran feel about Wooston?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) They are indifferent to him.
(c) They hate him intensely.
(d) They think he is smart and savvy in the ways of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
2. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
3. Who is the elderly man on the burro the Indian is leading?
4. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
5. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)