|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
(a) Some small gold nuggets laying around.
(b) Seeing a note scrawled by Jaime on a rock.
(d) Pick and shovel marks on the stone.
2. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To carry the gold.
(b) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(c) Covers Juan.
(d) To signal Sean and the others.
3. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
(b) That she is in danger more than the others.
(c) That she should not have come.
(d) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
4. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) The Plains Indians.
(b) The tribes of California.
(c) He does not mention any new tribes.
(d) The Aztecs and Incas.
5. Where does Juan take the group?
(a) Into a cave.
(b) Into a heavily-treed forest.
(c) Onto a hidden trail.
(d) Behind a waterfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
2. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
3. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
4. Who arrives at the party?
5. Who tells Sean about Russell?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)