|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
(a) Marry a wealthy man.
(b) Obtain help from her family in Canada.
(c) Find gold.
(d) Obtain help from her family in England.
2. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) A good friend of Jaime.
(b) A judge.
(c) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
(d) A monk and spiritual leader.
3. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(a) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
(b) A way to barter for the ranch.
(c) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
4. How does Sean feel towards Juan?
(a) Sean trusts Juan completely.
(b) Sean is leary of Juan.
(c) Sean is unsure of how to respond to Juan.
(d) Sean thinks Juan is a little crazy.
5. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
2. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
3. What does Eileen do with her coat?
4. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
5. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)