|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eileen raised?
2. What confirms Eileen's theory about the gold coming from the hills?
(a) Some small gold nuggets laying around.
(c) Pick and shovel marks on the stone.
(d) Seeing a note scrawled by Jaime on a rock.
3. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) A group of Mexican Indians.
(b) A spirit totem.
(c) A wild mustang herd.
(d) Nine or ten men.
4. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
(a) Try to beat Wooston legally.
(b) Try to find the gold alone.
(c) Wander off.
(d) Anger the spirits.
5. What is near the open porch?
(a) A lean-to stable.
(b) A four-car garage.
(c) An open cistern.
(d) A well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
2. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
3. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
4. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
5. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)