|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(b) In Mexico.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
2. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he is insane.
(b) Because he has the backing of the governor.
(c) Because he may get violent.
(d) Because he may not bow to pressure.
3. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That they will help Sean fight him.
(b) That he is moving out of the area.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(d) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
4. What does Wooston learn that angers him?
(a) About Eileen's upcoming marriage.
(b) About the upcoming fandango.
(c) About the rumors of his underhanded way to get Eileen off her land.
(d) That the governor has decided not to support Wooston's claims.
5. Where is Eileen raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
2. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
3. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
4. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
5. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)