|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wooston want to take Russell away?
(a) To find out where Silva is.
(b) Because he has found the gold.
(c) To care for Russell until the man dies.
(d) To find out what happened to Francisco.
2. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(a) Another cave.
(b) A table.
(d) Three men.
3. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
(a) Find gold.
(b) Marry a wealthy man.
(c) Obtain help from her family in Canada.
(d) Obtain help from her family in England.
4. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
(a) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Silva.
(b) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Machado.
(c) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Juan.
(d) Francisco is trying to distance himself from Russell.
5. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) They grew too much of one crop.
(b) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Legal problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
2. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
3. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
4. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
5. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)