|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
(a) The gift of being a horse whisperer.
(b) His ability to communicate with people who speak different languages.
(c) The ability to speak to deceased people.
(d) None that are mentioned.
2. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(d) It is nonsense.
3. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
(a) A plan to legally defeat Wooston.
(b) A way to barter for the ranch.
(d) A plan to buy time to raise more money.
4. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
(a) About Mariana's fate.
(b) About Juan.
(c) About a fandango.
(d) About Jaime and the gold.
5. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Sacramento River.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) A redwood forest.
(d) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
2. Who does Sean not see?
3. What do Tennison and Sean talk about concerning people's hands?
4. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
5. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)