|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
(a) He does not say.
(b) Hold them hostage.
(c) Kill them all.
(d) Make them feel miserable.
2. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
(a) The old ways of the Indians.
(b) A book Jaime leaves them.
3. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(b) A careless neighbor.
(c) A careless ranch hand.
(d) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
4. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
(a) For thinking Jaime was visiting a fake shamen.
(b) For telling Jaime he could not bring Juan to live at the ranch.
(c) For asking him to undertake this journey.
(d) For being slow on her feet.
5. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold may not be on her land.
(b) The gold is not very pure.
(c) There is no time to mine the gold.
(d) The gold is on government land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
2. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
3. Who is Micheltorena?
4. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
5. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)