|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
(a) Tomas Alexander.
(b) Jorge Rodriquez.
(d) Jorge Fernandez.
2. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
(a) Someone is coming.
(b) That they should not be there.
(c) That Juan does not remember where Jaime found the gold.
(d) That a dangerous animal is nearby.
3. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He buys it from his brother.
(b) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(c) He inherits it from his father.
(d) He marries the woman who owns the land.
4. Why is Sean worried about Wooston?
(a) Because he has the backing of the governor.
(b) Because he is insane.
(c) Because he may not bow to pressure.
(d) Because he may get violent.
5. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(b) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Juan?
2. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
3. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
4. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
5. What is the name of Sean's boat?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)