|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) Not until well into the night.
(b) At sunset.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) They do not make camp.
2. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Montero.
(b) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(c) Just Sean and Eileen.
(d) Just Eileen and Montero.
3. How is Eileen described as looking as she rides?
(a) Like a sack of potatoes.
(b) Like a person who has never mounted a horse before.
(c) Like a jockey in a race.
(d) Like an Irish princess.
4. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Machado wants to rest.
(b) Machado's group is in the open.
(c) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(d) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
5. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(a) The other party will lose its way.
(b) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
(c) He is not sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
2. Who is Polanco and Del Campo?
3. About whom does Sean worry?
4. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
5. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)