|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sean not see?
2. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He buys it from his brother.
(b) He inherits it from his father.
(c) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(d) He marries the woman who owns the land.
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It is nonsense.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(d) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
4. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
2. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
3. What does Eileen come up with for saving the ranch?
4. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
5. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)