|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
2. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For refusing an eviction order.
(b) For falsifying records.
(c) For the murder of Russell.
(d) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
3. Why does Wooston want to take Russell away?
(a) To find out what happened to Francisco.
(b) To find out where Silva is.
(c) Because he has found the gold.
(d) To care for Russell until the man dies.
4. How much gold does Juan say there is?
(a) Many pounds.
(b) Not much.
(d) Enough to pay for the ranch.
5. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) A good friend of Sean's.
(b) The current governor of California.
(c) The padre at the monastery.
(d) An Indian shaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
2. To whom does Juan say he will tell his people's history?
3. Who tells Sean about Russell?
4. What is Michael's occupation?
5. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)