|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell find when he follows some tracks?
(b) A table.
(c) Three men.
(d) Another cave.
2. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
3. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
(a) A wealthy co-signer.
(b) Their political connections.
(c) A good word from the Bishop.
(d) The appearance of wealth.
4. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) The Sacramento River.
(c) A redwood forest.
(d) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
5. What does Bell say is obvious?
(a) That Russell is dead.
(b) That Sean is not preparing to leave the ranch.
(c) That Russell and Sean had old scores to settle.
(d) That the gold was from government-owned mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
2. What does Russell find in the cave?
3. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
4. Who will not take orders from a woman?
5. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)