|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will not take orders from a woman?
(d) The armed men at the Mulkerin home.
2. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That they will help Sean fight him.
(b) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(d) That he is moving out of the area.
3. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
(b) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(c) Machado wants to rest.
(d) Machado's group is in the open.
4. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
(b) For falsifying records.
(c) For the murder of Russell.
(d) For refusing an eviction order.
5. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(b) The governor.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A group of armed renegades.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
2. How many sons does Eileen have?
3. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
4. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
5. Who is with Francisco in the mountains?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)