|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Sean and Eileen.
(b) Just Montero.
(c) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(d) Just Eileen and Montero.
2. How many men does Juan say is following them?
3. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(b) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(c) He buys it from his brother.
(d) He inherits it from his father.
4. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
(a) The old ways of the Indians.
(c) A book Jaime leaves them.
5. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to her home in England.
(b) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(c) Send her sons to college.
(d) Save her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds are coming from the hills?
2. What is Michael going to do?
3. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
4. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
5. What are the local Indians known as?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)