|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
(a) That Juan has gone to stop Machado.
(b) That there is only a few dollars of gold.
(c) That Juan is dead.
(d) That there is so much gold.
2. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
(a) He sits to rest in the cave and does not seem well.
(b) He has a bad cough.
(c) He is shaking.
(d) He is blue around the lips.
3. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
(b) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
(c) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
(d) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
4. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A redwood forest.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(d) The Sacramento River.
5. What does Machado want to do with the Mulkerin party?
(a) He does not say.
(b) Make them feel miserable.
(c) Hold them hostage.
(d) Kill them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Juan say is following them?
2. Where does Sean tell Mariana to ride if Machado's men find them?
3. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
4. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
5. What is Juan careful to do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)