|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Sue them.
(b) Help them with their finances.
(c) Evict them.
(d) Help them with their legal problems.
2. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To signal Sean and the others.
(b) Covers Juan.
(c) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(d) To carry the gold.
3. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(b) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(c) He inherits it from his father.
(d) He buys it from his brother.
4. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
(b) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
(c) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
(d) Spare Eileen.
5. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
2. Who challenges Sean?
3. Where is Eileen's father killed?
4. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
5. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)