|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) On a smuggler's boat.
(b) By working for passage on a freighter.
(c) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
(d) By horseback.
2. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Montero.
(b) Just Eileen and Montero.
(c) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(d) Just Sean and Eileen.
3. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she is in danger more than the others.
(b) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
(c) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
(d) That she should not have come.
4. What is near the open porch?
(a) A four-car garage.
(b) A lean-to stable.
(c) An open cistern.
(d) A well.
5. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
(b) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
(c) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
(d) That she must leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
2. Where is Eileen raised?
3. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
4. How many sons does Eileen have?
5. How many more days are there to the trip?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)