|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(b) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(c) He inherits it from his father.
(d) He buys it from his brother.
2. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
(b) By suing Wooston.
(c) By Win.
(d) By Sean.
3. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(d) Natural gas.
4. How many men does Juan say is following them?
5. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Sue them.
(b) Help them with their finances.
(c) Help them with their legal problems.
(d) Evict them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
2. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
3. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
4. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
5. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)