|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
2. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
(a) Spare Eileen.
(b) Forcibly eject a monk from his home.
(c) Give them any more time than the contract allocates.
(d) Kill anyone in trying to effect an eviction.
3. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) The Sacramento River.
(b) A redwood forest.
(c) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
4. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
(a) Marry a wealthy man.
(b) Obtain help from her family in England.
(c) Find gold.
(d) Obtain help from her family in Canada.
5. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Sue them.
(b) Evict them.
(c) Help them with their finances.
(d) Help them with their legal problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Juan?
2. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
3. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
4. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
5. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)