|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
2. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she should not have come.
(b) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
(c) That she is in danger more than the others.
(d) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
3. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) Fields of wheat.
(b) The barn.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) Fields of corn.
4. What does Wooston intend to do about the Mikerin family?
(a) Help them with their legal problems.
(b) Help them with their finances.
(c) Sue them.
(d) Evict them.
5. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(b) It is nonsense.
(c) It will be difficult but can be done.
(d) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
2. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
3. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
4. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
5. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)