|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) No one.
(b) Her oldest sister.
(c) An aunt and uncle.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
(a) Marry a wealthy man.
(b) Obtain help from her family in Canada.
(c) Obtain help from her family in England.
(d) Find gold.
3. What did Jaime find twice?
(a) A way to send one son to Ireland.
(b) A lost calf.
(d) A way around Eileen's legal problems.
4. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By horseback.
(b) On a smuggler's boat.
(c) By working for passage on a freighter.
(d) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
5. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
(a) By Sean.
(b) By Win.
(c) By offering to give Wooston a few hundred acres.
(d) By suing Wooston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
2. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
3. What is the source of the Mikerin family's spiritual courage?
4. Who is Jaime?
5. What is the name of Sean's boat?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)