|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In Mexico.
(d) Living on the ranch that is closest to the Mulkerin Ranch.
2. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) They grew too much of one crop.
(d) Legal problems.
3. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
(a) Jorge Fernandez.
(b) Tomas Alexander.
(d) Jorge Rodriquez.
4. What is Eileen determined to do at any cost?
(a) Send her sons to her home in England.
(b) Send her sons to her home in Canada.
(c) Send her sons to college.
(d) Save her home.
5. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
(a) She will leave the ranch the next day.
(b) She will leave the ranch in one month.
(c) She will drop her lawsuit against Wooston.
(d) She will pay the note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
2. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
3. How many sons does Eileen have?
4. What are the local Indians known as?
5. Where is the Mulkerin house?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)