|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jaime obtain land in California?
(a) As a reward for service in the Mexican army.
(b) He inherits it from his father.
(c) He marries the woman who owns the land.
(d) He buys it from his brother.
2. What does Silva tell Wooston?
(a) That he is quitting working for Wooston.
(b) That the Mulkerin party has disappeared.
(c) That the Mulkerin party is in a dead-end canyon.
(d) That the Mulkerin party is back at their ranch.
3. Who is waiting for Eileen's group when they return to the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) A group of armed renegades.
(c) The governor.
4. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
(a) A wild mustang herd.
(b) Nine or ten men.
(c) A group of Mexican Indians.
(d) A spirit totem.
5. What is the only way for Eileen to accomplish her goal?
(a) Find gold.
(b) Obtain help from her family in England.
(c) Obtain help from her family in Canada.
(d) Marry a wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
2. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
3. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
4. What does Eileen find on the mantel of her home?
5. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)