|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
(a) It is steep and narrow.
(b) It runs through desert.
(c) It runs inland several miles.
(d) It runs along the water.
2. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It is nonsense.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(d) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
3. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
(a) A donkey and a wagon.
(b) Two pack horses.
(c) Two mules.
(d) Two donkeys.
4. What happens as Sean is dismounting from his horse back at the ranch?
(a) The horse spooks and Sean breaks his arm.
(b) The horse spooks and Sean breaks his leg.
(c) Someone shoots at Sean but misses.
(d) He is shot repeatedly.
5. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
(d) Natural gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
2. Who tells Sean that someone wants to speak with Sean?
3. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
4. What is on the piece of paper in Beltran's pocket?
5. About what does Sean speak to Montero?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)