|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
(a) He does not mention any new tribes.
(b) The Aztecs and Incas.
(c) The Plains Indians.
(d) The tribes of California.
2. How old is Juan?
(a) No one knows.
3. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(b) The Sacramento River.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) A redwood forest.
4. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless neighbor.
(c) A careless ranch hand.
(d) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
5. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
(a) He is the last of his people.
(b) That his people live in South America.
(c) His tribe lives somewhere in the hills, though he has no close relatives alive.
(d) He has a large extended family living in the hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
2. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
3. What is near the open porch?
4. How many more days are there to the trip?
5. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)