|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) A judge.
(b) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
(c) A monk and spiritual leader.
(d) A good friend of Jaime.
2. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
(b) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
(c) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
(d) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
3. What is one thing that has put the farm at risk?
(a) They grew too much of one crop.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) The cows had hoof and mouth disease.
(d) Legal problems.
4. What unusual gift did Jaime have that Eileen admired?
(a) His ability to communicate with people who speak different languages.
(b) The ability to speak to deceased people.
(c) None that are mentioned.
(d) The gift of being a horse whisperer.
5. What does Win want to do with Mariana?
(a) Send her to stay in town.
(b) Send her back to her uncle.
(c) Send her to family in San Francisco.
(d) Let her live at the ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards what does Juan lead the party?
2. Who is sitting on a bench by his front door?
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
4. To whom did Jaime direct Juan to tell a secret?
5. Who is Sean?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)