|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
(a) Montero vowed never to speak to Juan again.
(b) Montero does not speak Juan's dialect.
(c) The Mulkerins will have more luck than Montero will.
(d) Montero last spoke to Juan many decades ago.
2. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
(a) That Mariana should go to San Francisco to Win's family.
(b) That she must leave immediately.
(c) That she is welcome in the Mulkerin home.
(d) That Mariana and Sean should marry.
3. What does Eileen say when confronted by Wooston?
(a) She will leave the ranch in one month.
(b) She will drop her lawsuit against Wooston.
(c) She will leave the ranch the next day.
(d) She will pay the note.
4. What is near the open porch?
(a) A four-car garage.
(b) A lean-to stable.
(c) A well.
(d) An open cistern.
5. What does Sean not understand?
(a) How Juan and other "old ones" know things when there is no obvious signs.
(b) Why Juan will not take them to the gold.
(c) Why Juan will take them to the gold.
(d) How his mother keeps up with the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
2. Who does Juan say are new tribes?
3. Who is Jaime?
4. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
5. Who is Micheltorena?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)