|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan believe is going to happen?
(a) The other party will lose its way.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) A tremendous downpour that will wash out the trail behind them.
2. Who is Zeke Wooston?
(a) A good friend of Jaime.
(b) A monk and spiritual leader.
(c) The man who buys the bank note to the Mikerin ranch.
(d) A judge.
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It will be difficult but can be done.
(b) It is nonsense.
(c) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(d) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
4. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By working for passage on a freighter.
(b) On a smuggler's boat.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
5. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
2. How old is Juan?
3. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
4. Where is Jaime at the opening of the story?
5. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)