|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(b) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
(c) Machado's group is in the open.
(d) Machado wants to rest.
2. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To carry the gold.
(b) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(c) Covers Juan.
(d) To signal Sean and the others.
3. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(b) Laughter and coyote howls.
(c) Owls hooting.
(d) Wolves howling.
4. Who is still awake when Sean and Mariana reach the Mulkerin house?
(a) No one.
5. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) A pool of icy spring water.
(b) Some paintings on the cave wall.
(c) Something that moves on the rim.
(d) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most likely way the farm will be saved?
2. Who is described as a smuggler and swindler?
3. Who does Sean not see?
4. How many men does Juan say is following them?
5. Who is Zeke Wooston?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)