|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Eileen live after her father dies?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her oldest sister.
(c) An aunt and uncle.
(d) No one.
2. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(a) Ignoring tradition.
(b) Fire and earthquake.
(c) Just a big fire set by lightening.
3. Who used to go into the hills with Jaime?
4. Who is Micheltorena?
(a) The padre at the monastery.
(b) An Indian shaman.
(c) A good friend of Sean's.
(d) The current governor of California.
5. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It is nonsense.
(b) It will be difficult but can be done.
(c) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(d) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the Mulkerins looking in the hills?
2. What is the main personality trait of Jorge Fernandez?
3. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
4. What idea does Eileen share with Sean?
5. What shocks the others when Eileen returns to them?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)