|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan say to Eileen?
(a) That she is the only one who can find the gold.
(b) That she is in danger more than the others.
(c) That she should not have come.
(d) That she is the only one who can communicate with Jaime.
2. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
(a) The gold is not very pure.
(b) The gold is on government land.
(c) There is no time to mine the gold.
(d) The gold may not be on her land.
3. How do Eileen's family leave their homeland?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By working for passage on an ocean liner.
(c) By working for passage on a freighter.
(d) On a smuggler's boat.
4. What does Sean have in his hands?
(a) A whip.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A recorder.
5. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) Not until well into the night.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) They do not make camp.
(d) At sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eileen distraught?
2. Who is the owner of a local cantina who is riding with Wooston?
3. Who speaks to Machado's men from the darkness?
4. What does the party searching for Juan lead?
5. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)