|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
(a) Montero and Mariana make noise.
(b) Montero throws his voice and accent.
(c) Sean fires his gun from several different places.
(d) Montero has his horse make noise.
2. At what age does Sean have his first sea voyage?
3. What does Sean say about Mariana when asked by Machado?
(a) Mariana is back at the ranch.
(b) Mariana has made her choice.
(c) Mariana is with Juan.
(d) Mariana is in Los Angeles.
4. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(a) Owls hooting.
(b) Laughter and coyote howls.
(c) Wolves howling.
5. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
(b) It is nonsense.
(c) It will be difficult but can be done.
(d) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves like a young vaquero?
2. In whom does Sean have faith to help him with Machado's men?
3. About whom does Sean worry?
4. Why is Eileen distraught?
5. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)