|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
(a) Machado wants to rest.
(b) Many of the men do not want to move in the dark.
(c) Machado thinks there are ghosts that will help Sean's group in the dark.
(d) Machado's group is in the open.
2. Who decides to go looking for Juan?
(a) Just Montero.
(b) Just Sean and Eileen.
(c) Sean, Montero, Eileen and Mariana.
(d) Just Eileen and Montero.
3. Who is part Indian and part Spanish?
4. When do those searching for Juan make camp?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) At sunset.
(c) They do not make camp.
(d) Not until well into the night.
5. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(b) Just a big fire set by lightening.
(c) Fire and earthquake.
(d) Ignoring tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
2. What does Sean think Wooston would not do?
3. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
4. What does Sean see down in the canyon?
5. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)