|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trail from Los Angeles to Malibu like?
(a) It runs through desert.
(b) It runs inland several miles.
(c) It runs along the water.
(d) It is steep and narrow.
2. What does Eileen realize as she is waking Juan?
(a) The gold can wait.
(b) Juan is ill.
(c) Juan is older than she first thought.
(d) He is dead.
3. What will help the Mulkerin family obtain another loan?
(a) The appearance of wealth.
(b) Their political connections.
(c) A good word from the Bishop.
(d) A wealthy co-signer.
4. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) To carry the gold.
(b) To signal Sean and the others.
(c) Covers Juan.
(d) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
5. What does a voice declare about Russell?
(a) That he is a foolish man.
(b) That he must not be allowed to remember the night.
(c) That he is innocent of wrongdoing.
(d) That he is an evil man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sean hunting?
2. What is said about Juan concerning his people?
3. Why does Machado want to wait until the morning to go up against Sean and the others?
4. What city is described as a pueblo with a few adobes, a church a few stores and cantinas?
5. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)