|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eileen concerned about Juan?
(a) He is blue around the lips.
(b) He sits to rest in the cave and does not seem well.
(c) He has a bad cough.
(d) He is shaking.
2. Who alerts Eileen that Sean has arrived?
(a) Juan Montero.
(d) No one.
3. What does Sean spot in the dirt?
(a) Sandal tracks.
(b) Burned wood pieces.
(c) A rusted, old knife.
(d) A talisman.
4. What sounds are coming from the hills?
(a) Wolves howling.
(b) Owls hooting.
(c) Laughter and coyote howls.
5. What do several people tell Sean about Wooston?
(a) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Eileen.
(b) That he is moving out of the area.
(c) That he has sworn out an arrest warrant for Juan.
(d) That they will help Sean fight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sean not understand?
2. Who does Machado say he will take pleasure in killing?
3. Why might the gold not be the answer to Eileen's predicament about the ranch house?
4. Who is missing from the group Wooston sent to confront Eileen's group?
5. What is Juan careful to do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)