|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catches Eileen's eye as Juan is sleeping?
(a) A pool of icy spring water.
(b) Some paintings on the cave wall.
(c) Something that moves on the rim.
(d) Some gold nuggets gleaming in the back of the cave.
2. Why does Bell try to arrest Sean?
(a) For falsifying records.
(b) For the murder of Russell.
(c) For stealing gold from land that does not belong to the Mulkerin family.
(d) For refusing an eviction order.
3. Who is missing when Russell wakes the next morning?
4. What does the merchant at the local store promise Eileen?
(a) To hold the next keg of beer that comes in for them.
(b) To tell the locals about the way Wooston threatened Eileen.
(c) To attend the fandango and to spread the word about it.
(d) To refuse to serve Wooston if he comes in.
5. Who does Juan take to find the gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the merchant at the local store startled?
2. What does Francisco talk about as the men are traveling?
3. What does Eileen feel as she suddenly wakens?
4. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
5. Why does Eileen apologize to Juan?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)