|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what was Juan's people's settlement destroyed?
(a) Ignoring tradition.
(b) Just a big fire set by lightening.
(c) Fire and earthquake.
2. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(b) Pio Pico.
3. What does Montero say about the idea of finding gold in the hills?
(a) It is a good way to rescue the ranch.
(b) It is nonsense.
(c) It will be difficult but can be done.
(d) There are only small amounts of gold in the hills.
4. Why does Wooston want to take Russell away?
(a) Because he has found the gold.
(b) To care for Russell until the man dies.
(c) To find out where Silva is.
(d) To find out what happened to Francisco.
5. How does Russell feel as he is leaving the cave?
(a) Dizzy and sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan warn Eileen not to do?
2. What does Montero say about his speaking with Juan?
3. What does Eileen plan to tell the people in the area?
4. What does Pico know about Eileen?
5. What sounds are coming from the hills?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)