|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much gold does Juan say there is?
(a) Not much.
(b) Many pounds.
(c) Enough to pay for the ranch.
2. What does Sean have in his hands?
(a) A whip.
(b) A recorder.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A shotgun.
3. What does Eileen do with her coat?
(a) Uses it to protect her knees as she climbs.
(b) Covers Juan.
(c) To signal Sean and the others.
(d) To carry the gold.
4. Who does Eileen encounter in the local store?
(b) Pio Pico.
5. About what does Eileen hint at to the merchant?
(a) That she plans to take Wooston to court.
(b) That there is plenty of gold to be had.
(c) That the party will be attended by several important political figures.
(d) That she will better Wooston at his game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves like a young vaquero?
2. Why do Machado's men believe there are more to Sean's group than they thought?
3. What does Francisco try to talk the other man into doing?
4. What does Eileen say about Mariana?
5. Why is Francisco lagging behind the other man?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)