1. Where is the Mulkerin house?
(d) San Francisco.
2. What type of house does the Mulkerin family have?
3. What is near the open porch?
(a) A well.
(b) An open cistern.
(c) A lean-to stable.
(d) A four-car garage.
4. What has recently burned around the Mulkerin ranch?
(a) The barn.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) Fields of corn.
(d) Fields of wheat.
5. Who caused the fire on the ranch?
(a) A careless neighbor.
(b) Someone who wants to buy the ranch.
(d) A careless ranch hand.
6. What is one thing that can be seen from the porch of the ranch house?
(a) A few skyscrapers on the San Francisco skyline.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) A redwood forest.
7. How many sons does Eileen have?
8. Where is Eileen raised?
9. Where does Eileen first move when she leaves her homeland?
10. Who is Jaime?
(a) The careless ranch hand who caused the fire.
(b) Eileen's deceased husband.
(c) One of Eileen's sons.
(d) The careless neighbor who caused the fire.
This section contains 4,483 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)