|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
2. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
3. Who called Riva out of her hiding place after the Germans failed to find her and her brothers?
4. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
5. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the importance of community in Lodz, Poland and what community meant for Riva and her family.
Essay Topic 2Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 3Examine the contradictions in Nacha's actions and statements regarding the Nazis.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)