|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
2. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
3. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
4. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
5. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and analyze Sender's use of tone in The Cage and why Sender established the tone early in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the Passover, and discuss the traditions celebrated by Riva's family during Passover.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)