|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
2. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
3. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
4. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
5. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the Passover, and discuss the traditions celebrated by Riva's family during Passover.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Riva was treated in comparison to others and conclude why she was given second chances on many occasions. Discuss how this impacted her emotionally.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sender's use of foreshadowing in The Cage.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)