|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
2. What did Yulek ask Riva to help him with?
3. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
4. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
5. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the types of punishment used in the concentration and labor camps during the Holocaust and the purpose of the punishments. Analyze whether the punishment fit the "crime."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the contradictions in Nacha's actions and statements regarding the Nazis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)