|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
2. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
3. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
4. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
5. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
2. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
3. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
4. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
5. What did Motele return home with and why was Riva worried?
6. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
7. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
8. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
9. What was Riva's new home like?
10. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Riva's relationship with her three younger brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)