|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
2. What did workers get for their labor?
3. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
4. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
5. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
2. What did Motele return home with and why was Riva worried?
3. What happened to Riva's hand?
4. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
5. What was Riva's new home like?
6. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
7. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
8. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
9. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
10. What amenities were eliminated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Volksdeutsche in Germany and other countries and why this group pledged their devotion to the fatherland.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the types of punishment used in the concentration and labor camps during the Holocaust and the purpose of the punishments. Analyze whether the punishment fit the "crime."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)