Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
3. What did some children create in the ghetto?
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
2. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
3. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
4. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
5. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
6. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
7. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
8. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
9. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
10. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
Examine why people harassed Harry and analyze why Riva's mother defended him.
Examine how Riva was treated in comparison to others and conclude why she was given second chances on many occasions. Discuss how this impacted her emotionally.
Discuss the Russian advance and analyze the actions of the Nazis.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)