|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
2. Who joined the new organization?
3. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
4. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
5. How many children did Riva's mother have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were two sisters beaten, according to Chapter 34?
2. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
3. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
4. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
5. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
6. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
7. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
8. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
9. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
10. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the ghettos established by the Third Reich and the conditions suffered by the Jews in the ghettos.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the types of punishment used in the concentration and labor camps during the Holocaust and the purpose of the punishments. Analyze whether the punishment fit the "crime."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)