|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
2. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
3. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
2. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
3. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
4. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
5. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
6. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
7. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
8. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
9. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
10. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 2
Define and analyze Sender's use of tone in The Cage and why Sender established the tone early in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)