|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
2. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
3. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
4. What did Riva become at age 16?
5. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
2. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
3. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
4. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
5. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
6. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
7. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
8. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
9. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
10. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Yulek and Riva's experiences and background, and discuss how their relationship impacted Riva.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)