|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
3. What did some children create in the ghetto?
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
2. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
3. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
4. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
5. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
6. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
7. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
8. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
9. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
10. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Yulek and Riva's experiences and background, and discuss how their relationship impacted Riva.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the doctor stating that Riva was important for morale of the camp and how the Nazis tried to keep resistance to a minimum.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)