|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
2. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
3. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
4. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
5. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
2. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
3. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
4. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
5. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
6. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
7. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
8. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
9. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
10. Why did Riva refuse to take her letters and poetry with her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the types of punishment used in the concentration and labor camps during the Holocaust and the purpose of the punishments. Analyze whether the punishment fit the "crime."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the Passover, and discuss the traditions celebrated by Riva's family during Passover.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the contradictions in Nacha's actions and statements regarding the Nazis.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)