|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
2. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
3. How old was Riva in her recollection?
4. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
5. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
2. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
3. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
4. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
5. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
6. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
7. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
8. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
9. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
10. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine why people harassed Harry and analyze why Riva's mother defended him.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Riva was treated in comparison to others and conclude why she was given second chances on many occasions. Discuss how this impacted her emotionally.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)