|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
2. What was Riva's mother's name?
3. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
4. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
5. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
2. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
3. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
4. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
5. What happened when the police arrived?
6. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
7. What happened to Riva's hand?
8. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
9. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
10. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the use and purpose of Nazi propaganda and conclude whether the intended purpose was achieved.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Volksdeutsche in Germany and other countries and why this group pledged their devotion to the fatherland.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)