|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
2. Who joined the new organization?
3. What did workers get for their labor?
4. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
5. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
2. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
3. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
4. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
5. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
6. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
7. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
8. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
9. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
10. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Yulek and Riva's experiences and background, and discuss how their relationship impacted Riva.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sender's use of foreshadowing in The Cage.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)