|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Riva in her recollection?
2. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
3. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
4. What did workers get for their labor?
5. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
2. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
3. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
4. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
5. What did Riva say would have been easy, according to Chapter 30?
6. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
7. What happened to Riva's hand?
8. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
9. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
10. What did Riva's brothers do for her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Russian advance and analyze the actions of the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Volksdeutsche in Germany and other countries and why this group pledged their devotion to the fatherland.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)