|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
2. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
3. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
4. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
5. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Riva's hand?
2. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
3. Why were the bombs "music," according to Doctor Ginzburg?
4. What did Riva recall in Chapter 2?
5. Why were two sisters beaten, according to Chapter 34?
6. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
7. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
8. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
9. Why were the Nazi guards agitated on May 5?
10. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the contradictions in Nacha's actions and statements regarding the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why people harassed Harry and analyze why Riva's mother defended him.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)