|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
2. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
3. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
2. What happened when the police arrived?
3. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
5. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
6. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
7. What did Riva receive special permission for?
8. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
9. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
10. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Russian advance and analyze the actions of the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that writing had in Riva's life.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)