|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
2. What separated Riva and her cousin?
3. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
4. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
5. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
2. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
3. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
4. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
5. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
6. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
7. Who was Riva speaking with in Chapter 1?
8. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
9. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
10. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that writing had in Riva's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of the ghettos established by the Third Reich and the conditions suffered by the Jews in the ghettos.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)