|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
2. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
3. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
4. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
5. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
2. What did Liabele tell Riva about the poems they learned as children, according to Chapter 14?
3. Why were two sisters beaten, according to Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
5. Who was Riva speaking with in Chapter 1?
6. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
7. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
8. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
9. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
10. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Riva's relationship with her three younger brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of the statement that the bombs were "music."
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Riva was treated in comparison to others and conclude why she was given second chances on many occasions. Discuss how this impacted her emotionally.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)