|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
2. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
3. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
4. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
5. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
2. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
3. What did Riva receive special permission for?
4. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
5. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
6. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
7. What happened to Riva's hand?
8. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
9. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
10. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Volksdeutsche in Germany and other countries and why this group pledged their devotion to the fatherland.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Russian advance and analyze the actions of the Nazis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the types of punishment used in the concentration and labor camps during the Holocaust and the purpose of the punishments. Analyze whether the punishment fit the "crime."
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)