|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some children create in the ghetto?
2. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
3. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
4. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
5. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
2. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
3. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
4. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
5. What did Riva receive special permission for?
6. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
7. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
8. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
9. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
10. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Yulek and Riva's experiences and background, and discuss how their relationship impacted Riva.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why people harassed Harry and analyze why Riva's mother defended him.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of socialist movements, such as Skif and Bund, examining the impact they had on individuals and families during the Nazi regime.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)