|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
2. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
3. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
4. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
5. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
2. What did the camp doctor tell Riva?
3. What did Riva recall in Chapter 2?
4. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
5. Who was Riva speaking with in Chapter 1?
6. What happened when the police arrived?
7. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
8. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
9. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
10. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the ghettos established by the Third Reich and the conditions suffered by the Jews in the ghettos.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the doctor stating that Riva was important for morale of the camp and how the Nazis tried to keep resistance to a minimum.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)