|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
2. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
3. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
4. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
5. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
2. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
3. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
4. What did the camp doctor tell Riva?
5. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
6. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
7. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
8. What did Riva say was ironic, in Chapter 46?
9. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
10. What did Liabele tell Riva about the poems they learned as children, according to Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the use and purpose of Nazi propaganda and conclude whether the intended purpose was achieved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Russian advance and analyze the actions of the Nazis.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the Passover, and discuss the traditions celebrated by Riva's family during Passover.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)