|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
2. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
3. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
4. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
5. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
2. What did Riva say would have been easy, according to Chapter 30?
3. What did Liabele tell Riva about the poems they learned as children, according to Chapter 14?
4. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
5. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
6. What happened when the police arrived?
7. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
8. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
9. What did the camp doctor tell Riva?
10. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Riva was treated in comparison to others and conclude why she was given second chances on many occasions. Discuss how this impacted her emotionally.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sender's use of foreshadowing in The Cage.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the doctor stating that Riva was important for morale of the camp and how the Nazis tried to keep resistance to a minimum.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)