|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
2. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
3. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
4. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
5. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
2. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
3. What amenities were eliminated?
4. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
5. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
6. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
7. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
8. What did the camp doctor tell Riva?
9. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
10. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and analyze Sender's use of tone in The Cage and why Sender established the tone early in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Yulek and Riva's experiences and background, and discuss how their relationship impacted Riva.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of the ghettos established by the Third Reich and the conditions suffered by the Jews in the ghettos.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)