|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
3. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
4. What separated Riva and her cousin?
5. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
2. What happened to Riva's hand?
3. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
4. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
5. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
6. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
7. What did Riva say was ironic, in Chapter 46?
8. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
9. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
10. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Riva's relationship with her three younger brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the meaning of the statement that "If we forget the past, it could happen again."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the purpose of the music playing at Auschwitz upon their arrival.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)