|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
2. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
3. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
4. How old was Riva in her recollection?
5. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
2. What happened when the police arrived?
3. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
4. What did Riva receive special permission for?
5. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
6. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
7. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
8. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
9. What did Riva say was ironic, in Chapter 46?
10. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Riva's relationship with her three younger brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the doctor stating that Riva was important for morale of the camp and how the Nazis tried to keep resistance to a minimum.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the types of punishment used in the concentration and labor camps during the Holocaust and the purpose of the punishments. Analyze whether the punishment fit the "crime."
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)