|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A niece.
(d) An uncle.
2. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(b) She was friends with a German soldier.
(c) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(d) She stole food from the common area.
3. What did Riva say there was a limit to?
(a) The amount of time the Nazi can hold on to the Soviet advance.
(b) The number of time ones can be humiliated.
(c) The amount of suffering they could take.
(d) The amount of soldier the Nazis were capable of sending to the ghetto.
4. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Orders to move.
(b) Two arm-loads of wood.
(c) Food coupons.
(d) Orders to clean their apartment.
5. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
(b) 3 feet of cloth.
(d) A armload of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
2. Who called Riva out of her hiding place after the Germans failed to find her and her brothers?
3. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
4. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
5. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)