|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
(a) They would be read.
(b) To give clues to their mother if she ever returned.
(c) They could be confiscated.
(d) They were needed to tell the story of the ghetto.
2. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Avner.
(b) Mrs. Hemshi.
(c) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(d) Mrs. Yumlek.
3. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(b) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
(c) Twelve days in jail.
4. What was Bund?
(a) A Jewish relocation agency.
(b) An adult socialist movement.
(c) A propaganda office.
(d) A Nazi movement.
5. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
(a) A chair.
(b) A stack of wood.
(c) A rug.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
2. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
3. What did Yulek ask Riva to help him with?
4. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
5. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)