|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
(a) Michel Yemshi.
(b) David Avner.
(c) David Berkenwald.
(d) Yuri Mikelham.
2. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
(a) With bread.
(b) With labor.
(c) With gold.
(d) With fruits.
3. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
(a) To wait for her in heaven.
(b) Not to leave her.
(c) To bring back food.
(d) To come back home.
4. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(b) She stole food from the common area.
(c) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(d) She was friends with a German soldier.
5. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) She start writing in that apartment.
(b) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
(c) She liked the view.
(d) She had lived there all her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
2. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
3. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
4. What did Yulek ask Riva to help him with?
5. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)