|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(a) A love novel.
(c) The Torah.
(d) A short story.
2. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A steel press.
(c) A wood stove.
(d) A hammer.
3. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
(b) He thought he could find a job more easily.
(c) It was his only possession.
(d) It was a family heirloom.
4. What did Riva note were banned?
5. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
(a) To bring back food.
(b) To come back home.
(c) Not to leave her.
(d) To wait for her in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
2. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
3. How long did the trip take?
4. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
5. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)