|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
2. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A green rectangle.
(b) A red circle.
(c) A yellow star.
(d) A blue hat.
3. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
(c) They were taken to a local factory to work.
(d) They were taken in trains and never came back.
4. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In Temple.
(c) Near a river.
(d) Under a large oak tree.
5. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(c) Yum Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
2. How many children did Riva's mother have?
3. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
4. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
5. What made Nancy sad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
2. What did the camp doctor tell Riva?
3. Why did Riva refuse to take her letters and poetry with her?
4. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
5. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
6. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
7. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
8. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
9. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
10. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)