|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
(a) In Temple.
(b) Under a large oak tree.
(c) Near a river.
(d) In a bar.
2. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(d) Mrs. Gruber.
3. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
(a) The price of food.
(b) How to escape to England.
(c) How to keep their families safe.
(d) The war and the world situation.
4. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) A banana.
(b) An orange.
(c) A tangerine.
(d) An apple.
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The fridge.
(b) The chairs.
(c) The beds.
(d) The stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
2. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
3. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
2. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
3. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
4. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
5. What happened when the police arrived?
6. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
7. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
8. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
9. What was Riva's new home like?
10. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)