|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her son Joseph.
(b) Her daughter Nancy.
(c) Her son Yumlek.
(d) Her daughter Sophia.
3. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Play groups.
(b) Food scavenger groups.
(c) Trading groups.
(d) Secret study groups.
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
2. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
3. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
4. How many children did Riva's mother have?
5. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
2. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
3. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
4. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
5. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
6. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
7. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
8. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
9. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
10. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)