|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
2. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
(a) Schools, soup kitchens, and a hospital.
(b) The pool and the theater.
(c) The soup kitchen and the local garden.
(d) Schools and the hospital.
3. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her son Yumlek.
(b) Her daughter Nancy.
(c) Her daughter Sophia.
(d) Her son Joseph.
4. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
(a) Why the Nazis invaded Poland.
(b) Why they didn't have food growing up.
(c) Why the Nazis were allowed to kill so many people.
(d) Why her mother had trouble sleeping.
5. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Henrich.
(b) Mrs. Meister.
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
2. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
3. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
4. How many children did Riva's mother have?
5. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
2. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
3. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
4. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
6. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
7. What amenities were eliminated?
8. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
9. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
10. What did Riva's brothers do for her?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)