|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A red circle.
(c) A yellow star.
(d) A green rectangle.
2. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
3. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The cattle train.
(b) The Caravan of Horror.
(c) The horror train.
(d) The train of shame.
4. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(a) Top hats.
(b) Black coats.
(c) Brown shirts.
5. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
(a) That she could apply for financial aid.
(b) That they had to take her away.
(c) That she had to get a job.
(d) That they could not live alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
2. What made Nancy sad?
3. What did workers get for their labor?
4. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
5. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
2. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
3. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
4. What amenities were eliminated?
5. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
6. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
7. What did Riva say would have been easy, according to Chapter 30?
8. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
9. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
10. What was Riva's new home like?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)