|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
2. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a brother.
(b) She did not have friends.
(c) She did not have grandparents.
(d) She did not have a dad.
3. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
(a) The war and the world situation.
(b) How to keep their families safe.
(c) The price of food.
(d) How to escape to England.
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) The outdoor bathroom.
(b) The steel factory.
(c) Henry's place.
(d) Riva's place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
2. What separated Riva and her cousin?
3. What was Riva's mother's name?
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
2. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
3. What did Riva receive special permission for?
4. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
5. What amenities were eliminated?
6. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
7. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
8. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
9. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
10. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)