|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That she would keep the light on.
(b) That she is too young to worry about it.
(c) That all the Nazis are dead.
(d) That the massacre could never happen again.
2. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Food and work.
(c) Wood and clothes.
(d) Better hygiene.
3. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because she didn't have a job.
(b) Because they said she was sick.
(c) Because she was wanted.
(d) Because they had to fill they quotas.
4. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
(a) Schools and the hospital.
(b) Schools, soup kitchens, and a hospital.
(c) The soup kitchen and the local garden.
(d) The pool and the theater.
5. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(c) It was raided by Nazis.
(d) It was foreclosed on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
2. What made Nancy sad?
3. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
4. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
5. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
2. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
3. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
4. Who was Yulek Schwartz and whom did he arrive with?
5. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
6. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
7. What happened to Riva's hand?
8. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
9. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
10. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)