|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They had been home schooled.
(b) Public Schools.
(c) Private schools.
(d) They didn't go to school.
2. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
3. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The cattle train.
(b) The train of shame.
(c) The Caravan of Horror.
(d) The horror train.
4. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(d) Yum Kippur.
5. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 5 siblings.
(b) 6 siblings.
(c) 2 siblings.
(d) 3 siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
2. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
3. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
4. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
5. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
2. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
3. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
4. What did Riva receive special permission for?
5. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
6. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
7. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
8. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
9. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
10. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)