|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were taken to a local factory to work.
(b) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
(c) They were taken in trains and never came back.
(d) They were shot.
2. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1943.
(b) September 1942.
(c) September 1940.
(d) September 1941.
3. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(b) Yum Kippur.
4. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Some wood.
(b) A ration of food.
(d) Freedom points.
5. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That those who leave will have hospital access.
(b) That they could have access to public gardens.
(c) That they could create their own country.
(d) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
2. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
3. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
4. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
5. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
2. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
3. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
4. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
5. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
6. Why were the bombs "music," according to Doctor Ginzburg?
7. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
8. What did Riva say would have been easy, according to Chapter 30?
9. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
10. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)