|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That they needed to hide.
(b) That the rent was going to go up.
(c) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(d) That they had to vacate the apartment.
2. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Writing letters to soldiers.
(b) Braiding rugs.
(c) Sewing uniforms.
3. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Stay inside the ghetto.
(b) Accept relocation.
(c) Try to escape.
(d) Join the army.
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. How old was Riva in her recollection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
2. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
3. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
4. What made Nancy sad?
5. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
2. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
3. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
4. What happened when the police arrived?
5. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
6. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
7. What did Riva receive special permission for?
8. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
9. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
10. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)