|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) Mother of three.
(b) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A student.
2. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) March 1940.
(b) April 1939.
(c) April 1940.
(d) May 1940.
3. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
(a) In a bar.
(b) Near a river.
(c) Under a large oak tree.
(d) In Temple.
4. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 6 siblings.
(c) 3 siblings.
(d) 5 siblings.
5. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That she is too young to worry about it.
(b) That she would keep the light on.
(c) That the massacre could never happen again.
(d) That all the Nazis are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
2. What separated Riva and her cousin?
3. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
4. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva say would have been easy, according to Chapter 30?
2. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
3. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
4. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
5. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
6. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
7. What did Riva say was ironic, in Chapter 46?
8. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
9. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
10. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)