|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
(a) That they could not live alone.
(b) That they had to take her away.
(c) That she could apply for financial aid.
(d) That she had to get a job.
2. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Meister.
(b) Mrs. Henrich.
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Ham.
3. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
4. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
5. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The train of shame.
(b) The cattle train.
(c) The Caravan of Horror.
(d) The horror train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
2. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
3. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
4. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
5. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
2. Why did Riva refuse to take her letters and poetry with her?
3. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
4. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
5. Why were the Nazi guards agitated on May 5?
6. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
7. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
8. What did the camp doctor tell Riva?
9. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
10. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)