|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That the massacre could never happen again.
(b) That she is too young to worry about it.
(c) That all the Nazis are dead.
(d) That she would keep the light on.
2. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) Henry's place.
(b) The steel factory.
(c) The outdoor bathroom.
(d) Riva's place.
3. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
4. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her son Joseph.
(b) Her daughter Sophia.
(c) Her daughter Nancy.
(d) Her son Yumlek.
5. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A yellow star.
(c) A green rectangle.
(d) A red circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's mother's name?
2. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
3. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
4. What did some children create in the ghetto?
5. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
2. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
3. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
4. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
5. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
6. What did SS Ghetto commander, Hans Biebow claim?
7. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
8. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
9. What did Riva receive special permission for?
10. Who were the police looking for, in Chapter 13?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)