|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
2. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Freedom points.
(b) A ration of food.
(c) Some wood.
3. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Wood and clothes.
(b) Better hygiene.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Food and work.
4. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Writing letters to soldiers.
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(c) Braiding rugs.
5. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1941.
(b) September 1942.
(c) September 1940.
(d) September 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
2. What made Nancy sad?
3. What did Riva become at age 16?
4. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
5. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Riva recall in Chapter 2?
2. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
3. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
4. What did Motele tell Riva after they were crammed into the cattle cars?
5. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
6. What amenities were eliminated?
7. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
8. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
9. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
10. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)