|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Try to escape.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Stay inside the ghetto.
(d) Accept relocation.
2. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
3. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Wood and clothes.
(c) Food and work.
(d) Better hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Riva in her recollection?
2. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
3. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
4. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
5. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
2. What did Riva recall in Chapter 2?
3. What did Riva say was ironic, in Chapter 46?
4. What did Riva receive special permission for?
5. What was Riva's new home like?
6. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
7. What did a guard say about Riva's poem?
8. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
9. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
10. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)