|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her daughter Nancy.
(b) Her son Yumlek.
(c) Her son Joseph.
(d) Her daughter Sophia.
2. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Better hygiene.
(c) Wood and clothes.
(d) Food and work.
3. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was foreclosed on.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(d) It was raided by Nazis.
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
2. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
3. What made Nancy sad?
4. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
5. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
2. Why wasn't Riva surprised that she did not have news from Yulek, in Chapter 21?
3. What happened when the police arrived?
4. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
5. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
6. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
7. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
8. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
9. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
10. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)