|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Lodz ghetto.
(b) In Auschwitz.
(c) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(d) In the Krakow ghetto.
2. Who joined the new organization?
(a) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
(b) Riva's brothers.
(d) Mr. Yemush.
3. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(b) It was raided by Nazis.
(c) It was foreclosed on.
(d) It was burned.
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(d) Mrs. Gruber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
2. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
3. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
4. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
5. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
2. What did Motele return home with and why was Riva worried?
3. What amenities were eliminated?
4. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
5. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
6. How did Motele comfort Riva, in Chapter 19?
7. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
8. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
9. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
10. What job did Riva take, in Chapter 7?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)