|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The stove.
(b) The chairs.
(c) The beds.
(d) The fridge.
2. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
3. How old was Riva in her recollection?
4. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Nazi uniform.
(b) A Communist uniform.
(c) A dress.
(d) A payot.
5. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Accept relocation.
(c) Stay inside the ghetto.
(d) Try to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
2. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
3. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
4. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
5. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
2. Who was Riva speaking with in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
4. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
5. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
6. What did David Berkenwald do for Riva, in Chapter 18?
7. What happened when the police arrived?
8. What did Riva recall in Chapter 2?
9. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
10. What point did Riva make about a one-handed person?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)