|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The cattle train.
(b) The Caravan of Horror.
(c) The train of shame.
(d) The horror train.
2. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a tailor factory.
(b) She had run a food stand.
(c) She had run a taxi company.
(d) She had run a cleaning service.
3. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That the rent was going to go up.
(b) That they needed to hide.
(c) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(d) That he would protect her family from persecution.
4. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
5. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
Short Answer Questions
1. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
2. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
3. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Riva's hand?
2. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
3. Where was Riva's family living, according to Chapter 5?
4. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
5. Why were two sisters beaten, according to Chapter 34?
6. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
7. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
8. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
9. What amenities were eliminated?
10. Who was Riva speaking with in Chapter 1?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)