|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A payot.
(b) A Nazi uniform.
(c) A dress.
(d) A Communist uniform.
2. What was Riva's mother's name?
3. How many children did Riva's mother have?
4. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Better hygiene.
(b) Wood and clothes.
(c) Food and work.
(d) Running water and food.
5. How old was Riva in her recollection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
2. What did Riva become at age 16?
3. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
4. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
5. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were two sisters beaten, according to Chapter 34?
2. What happened to Nacha after the German inspection?
3. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
4. What camp was Riva moved to and what happened upon her arrival?
5. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
6. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
7. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
8. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
9. What were people urged to do in Chapter 6?
10. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)