|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That she would keep the light on.
(b) That all the Nazis are dead.
(c) That she is too young to worry about it.
(d) That the massacre could never happen again.
2. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Wood and clothes.
(c) Better hygiene.
(d) Food and work.
3. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) May 1940.
(b) April 1940.
(c) March 1940.
(d) April 1939.
4. How old was Riva in her recollection?
5. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
2. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
3. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
4. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
5. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
2. What happened to Riva upon her arrival in Auschwitz according to Chapter 25?
3. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
4. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
5. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
6. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
7. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
8. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
9. What did Riva receive special permission for?
10. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)