|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The stove.
(b) The beds.
(c) The fridge.
(d) The chairs.
2. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) A factory worker.
(b) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(c) Mother of three.
(d) A student.
3. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
(a) That she was going to die.
(b) That the house was going to collapse.
(c) That the soldiers were well dressed.
(d) That the Soviets were monsters.
4. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) The outdoor bathroom.
(b) Henry's place.
(c) Riva's place.
(d) The steel factory.
5. How many children did Riva's mother have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
2. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
3. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
4. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
5. How old was Riva in her recollection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did one of the "doctors" tell the guard?
2. What did Liabele tell Riva about the poems they learned as children, according to Chapter 14?
3. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
4. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
5. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
6. What orders did Riva and others in the building receive, in Chapter 17?
7. What happened when the women were hungry, in Chapter 26?
8. Why were the bombs "music," according to Doctor Ginzburg?
9. What was Riva initially chosen to do for work detail, according to Chapter 32?
10. What happened as the Jewish Passover began, in Chapter 15?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)