|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
(a) How to keep their families safe.
(b) How to escape to England.
(c) The war and the world situation.
(d) The price of food.
2. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
3. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Worker's Union.
(c) The Nazi party.
(d) The Volksdeutsche.
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Communist uniform.
(b) A Nazi uniform.
(c) A payot.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
2. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
3. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
4. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
5. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift did Riva receive, in Chapter 35?
2. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
3. Why did Riva say Shmulek couldn't stay at her house?
4. What did Riva say of the Holocaust happening again, in Chapter 48?
5. What did the Nazi guards tell the girls, after forcing them from the barracks, in Chapter 45?
6. What did Biebow warn about the Russians?
7. In Chapter 10, what worker arrived, and what did she tell Riva?
8. Who took Riva to a doctor and what was the diagnosis, according to Chapter 8?
9. What did Riva say happened at the end of the journey?
10. What happened when Riva was sent to the medical office?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)