|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Secret study groups.
(b) Food scavenger groups.
(c) Trading groups.
(d) Play groups.
2. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
3. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a tailor factory.
(b) She had run a taxi company.
(c) She had run a food stand.
(d) She had run a cleaning service.
4. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Freedom points.
(c) Some wood.
(d) A ration of food.
5. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
2. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
3. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
4. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
5. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amenities were eliminated?
2. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
3. What did Riva's brothers do for her?
4. What did Yulek reveal to Riva, in Chapter 20?
5. Why was Riva at her lowest point of despair?
6. What did Motele say about the remaining families in Chapter 22?
7. What did the neighbors plan to do, according to Chapter 23?
8. Why did Nacha refuse to hide when the Germans came to the door?
9. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
10. What did Riva do on some Sundays, in Chapter 36?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)