|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) Private schools.
(b) They had been home schooled.
(c) Public Schools.
(d) They didn't go to school.
2. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
(a) Why the Nazis invaded Poland.
(b) Why the Nazis were allowed to kill so many people.
(c) Why they didn't have food growing up.
(d) Why her mother had trouble sleeping.
3. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(b) In the Lodz ghetto.
(c) In Auschwitz.
(d) In the Krakow ghetto.
4. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
5. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) April 1940.
(b) March 1940.
(c) May 1940.
(d) April 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
2. What did some children create in the ghetto?
3. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
4. What did Riva become at age 16?
5. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the bombs "music," according to Doctor Ginzburg?
2. What did Riva admit about her relationship with Yulek?
3. Why did Shmulek arrive at Riva's house, in Chapter 11?
4. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
5. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
6. Why were the Nazi guards agitated on May 5?
7. How was Shmulek deceived, according to Chapter 12?
8. What did Riva and Liabele discuss about the war, in Chapter 9?
9. What did Motele return home with and why was Riva worried?
10. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)