|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Karola and Rifkele.
(b) Rifkele and Saba.
(c) Karola and Yuma.
(d) Ira and Yuma.
2. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(c) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
(d) Twelve days in jail.
3. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) It was his only possession.
(b) He thought he could find a job more easily.
(c) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
(d) It was a family heirloom.
4. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
5. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A wood stove.
(d) A steel press.
6. Who called Riva out of her hiding place after the Germans failed to find her and her brothers?
(a) Her brother.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Her mother.
7. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He stopped talking.
(b) He got better.
(c) He neared death.
(d) He refused to eat anything.
8. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A deserted place.
(b) A busy place.
(c) Their play area.
(d) A hospital.
9. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(b) A short story.
(c) The Torah.
(d) A love novel.
10. Where was Riva's hiding place?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the outhouse.
(d) In the cellar.
11. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A suit for Riva.
(b) A skirt.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A robe.
12. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) An uncle.
(d) A niece.
13. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
14. Where did Riva arrive at the end of Chapter 24?
15. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A pot factory.
(b) At a sewing factory.
(c) A tank repair depot.
(d) A steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
2. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
3. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
4. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
5. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)