|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period of time elapsed between Chapter 20 and Chapter 21?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
(a) Henry Bolk.
(b) Henrish Ruber.
(c) Karl Eimster.
(d) Hans Biebow.
3. What did Yulek ask Riva to help him with?
(d) Moving to a new apartment.
4. Who did Yulek want to bring with him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
5. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(b) Working in a factory.
(c) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
(d) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
6. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
7. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new apartment.
(b) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(c) Their new bedroom.
(d) Their new factory.
8. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
9. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
10. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
(a) Yuri Mikelham.
(b) David Berkenwald.
(c) David Avner.
(d) Michel Yemshi.
11. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Turn the central heat on.
(b) Light a fire.
(c) Open a window.
(d) Go to bed.
12. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(b) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(c) She stole food from the common area.
(d) She was friends with a German soldier.
13. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
(a) A wanted list.
(b) The list of high skilled workers.
(c) The list for the draft.
(d) The list of teenagers to be deported.
14. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A steel press.
(c) A wood stove.
(d) A sewing machine.
15. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(b) A short story.
(c) The Torah.
(d) A love novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Riva's hiding place?
2. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
3. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
4. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
5. What was Riva's building to be used for?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)