|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(b) Dead rabbis.
(d) Members of her family.
2. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new bedroom.
(b) Their new factory.
(c) Their new apartment.
(d) The new Jewish Affairs office.
3. What was Bund?
(a) A propaganda office.
(b) A Nazi movement.
(c) An adult socialist movement.
(d) A Jewish relocation agency.
4. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She cried.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She screamed.
5. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A skirt.
(b) A robe.
(c) A suit for Riva.
(d) A blanket.
6. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He neared death.
(b) He got better.
(c) He refused to eat anything.
(d) He stopped talking.
7. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
(a) That he could marry Riva.
(b) That he would die quickly.
(c) That he could escape.
(d) That the propaganda was true.
8. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(a) A love novel.
(b) The Torah.
(c) A short story.
9. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Light a fire.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Turn the central heat on.
(d) Open a window.
10. What did Riva note were banned?
11. What was the Skif?
(a) The communist party.
(b) The organization of socialist children.
(c) The Nazis party.
(d) The resettlement association.
12. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
(a) Henry Bolk.
(b) Hans Biebow.
(c) Henrish Ruber.
(d) Karl Eimster.
13. What did Riva and her brother do the night before the end of the ghetto, according to Chapter 23?
14. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
(a) She wanted to escape.
(b) They still had hopes and dreams.
(c) She needed to write.
(d) She wanted to die.
15. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
(a) They sewed German uniforms.
(b) They were making ammunition.
(c) They were making weapons.
(d) They were Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
2. Who did Riva say she grew closer to, in Chapter 19?
3. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
4. What was Riva's building to be used for?
5. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)