|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He refused to eat anything.
(b) He stopped talking.
(c) He got better.
(d) He neared death.
2. How long did the trip take?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
3. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A skirt.
(c) A suit for Riva.
(d) A robe.
4. What was Bund?
(a) A Jewish relocation agency.
(b) A propaganda office.
(c) A Nazi movement.
(d) An adult socialist movement.
5. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new apartment.
(b) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(c) Their new bedroom.
(d) Their new factory.
6. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She cried.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She fainted.
7. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
(a) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
8. Where did Riva arrive at the end of Chapter 24?
9. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
(a) The list of high skilled workers.
(b) The list for the draft.
(c) The list of teenagers to be deported.
(d) A wanted list.
10. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(d) Mrs Avner.
11. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
(a) A rug.
(b) A stack of wood.
(c) A bed.
(d) A chair.
12. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
(a) They sewed German uniforms.
(b) They were making ammunition.
(c) They were making weapons.
(d) They were Jewish.
13. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) She liked the view.
(b) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
(c) She had lived there all her life.
(d) She start writing in that apartment.
14. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The assembly area.
(b) The cleaning area.
(c) The cutting area.
(d) The sewing area.
15. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
2. How many lives did the the shop manager say he saved by his action?
3. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
4. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
5. What did Riva say there was a limit to?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)