|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
(d) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
2. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
(a) A wanted list.
(b) The list for the draft.
(c) The list of teenagers to be deported.
(d) The list of high skilled workers.
3. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Poems they learned as children.
(b) The war.
(c) How to find food.
(d) How to escape the ghetto.
4. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
5. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Karola and Rifkele.
(b) Ira and Yuma.
(c) Rifkele and Saba.
(d) Karola and Yuma.
6. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
(a) They were Jewish.
(b) They were making ammunition.
(c) They sewed German uniforms.
(d) They were making weapons.
7. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(b) She stole food from the common area.
(c) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(d) She was friends with a German soldier.
8. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
(a) 3 feet of cloth.
(b) A armload of wood.
9. How long did the trip take?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 9 days.
10. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
(b) She liked the view.
(c) She had lived there all her life.
(d) She start writing in that apartment.
11. Where was Riva's hiding place?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the outhouse.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the basement.
12. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The assembly area.
(b) The sewing area.
(c) The cutting area.
(d) The cleaning area.
13. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) It was a family heirloom.
(b) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
(c) It was his only possession.
(d) He thought he could find a job more easily.
14. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
(b) A single toilet.
(c) Holes in the floor.
15. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(b) Mrs. Hemshi.
(c) Mrs. Yumlek.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
2. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
3. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
4. What was the Skif?
5. Who did Riva say she grew closer to, in Chapter 19?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)