|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
2. Who called Riva out of her hiding place after the Germans failed to find her and her brothers?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) Her mother.
3. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Hemshi.
(b) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(c) Mrs. Yumlek.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
4. What period of time elapsed between Chapter 20 and Chapter 21?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 9 months.
5. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Turn the central heat on.
(b) Open a window.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Light a fire.
6. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(a) Members of her family.
(b) Dead rabbis.
7. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) She stole food from the common area.
(b) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(c) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(d) She was friends with a German soldier.
8. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) An uncle.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) A niece.
9. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) How to find food.
(b) The war.
(c) Poems they learned as children.
(d) How to escape the ghetto.
10. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He got better.
(b) He refused to eat anything.
(c) He stopped talking.
(d) He neared death.
11. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new bedroom.
(b) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(c) Their new factory.
(d) Their new apartment.
12. What did Riva and her brother do the night before the end of the ghetto, according to Chapter 23?
13. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) She liked the view.
(b) She start writing in that apartment.
(c) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
(d) She had lived there all her life.
14. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(b) That they needed to find their families.
(c) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
(d) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
15. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She cried.
(d) She fainted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Motele say they should use part of the "one room walk in" as?
2. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
3. What was the Skif?
4. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
5. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)