|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Riva say she grew closer to, in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
2. What was Riva's building to be used for?
(a) As a hospital.
(b) To make firewood.
(c) To hide escapees.
(d) As a storage area.
3. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(b) Mrs. Avner.
4. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
(a) With bread.
(b) With gold.
(c) With labor.
(d) With fruits.
5. How long did the trip take?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 days.
6. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
(a) Hans Biebow.
(b) Henry Bolk.
(c) Henrish Ruber.
(d) Karl Eimster.
7. What did Riva note were banned?
8. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He stopped talking.
(b) He got better.
(c) He refused to eat anything.
(d) He neared death.
9. Where was Riva's hiding place?
(a) In the outhouse.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the basement.
10. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
(a) Not to leave her.
(b) To bring back food.
(c) To wait for her in heaven.
(d) To come back home.
11. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
12. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
(b) A armload of wood.
(c) 3 feet of cloth.
13. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(b) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
(c) That they needed to find their families.
(d) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
14. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(b) She stole food from the common area.
(c) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(d) She was friends with a German soldier.
15. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Orders to move.
(b) Two arm-loads of wood.
(c) Food coupons.
(d) Orders to clean their apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
2. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
3. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
4. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
5. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)