|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
2. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) How to find food.
(b) The war.
(c) How to escape the ghetto.
(d) Poems they learned as children.
3. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
(a) Karl Eimster.
(b) Henry Bolk.
(c) Henrish Ruber.
(d) Hans Biebow.
4. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Avner.
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
5. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(d) Mrs Avner.
6. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
(a) A chair.
(b) A stack of wood.
(c) A bed.
(d) A rug.
7. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The sewing area.
(b) The assembly area.
(c) The cutting area.
(d) The cleaning area.
8. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new apartment.
(b) Their new factory.
(c) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(d) Their new bedroom.
9. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Two arm-loads of wood.
(b) Food coupons.
(c) Orders to clean their apartment.
(d) Orders to move.
10. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
(a) With fruits.
(b) With bread.
(c) With labor.
(d) With gold.
11. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Light a fire.
(c) Turn the central heat on.
(d) Open a window.
12. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A steel mill.
(b) At a sewing factory.
(c) A pot factory.
(d) A tank repair depot.
13. What did most of the families of the ghetto decide to do, according to Motele, in Chapter 22?
(a) Try to escape.
(b) Try to revolt.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Volunteer for resettlement.
14. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
(a) They could be confiscated.
(b) They were needed to tell the story of the ghetto.
(c) They would be read.
(d) To give clues to their mother if she ever returned.
15. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
(a) The Communist movement.
(b) The liberation movement.
(c) The Nazi movement.
(d) The youth movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
2. What did Motele say they should use part of the "one room walk in" as?
3. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
4. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
5. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)