|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the families of the ghetto decide to do, according to Motele, in Chapter 22?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Volunteer for resettlement.
(c) Try to revolt.
(d) Try to escape.
2. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
(a) A armload of wood.
(c) 3 feet of cloth.
3. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Hemshi.
(b) Mrs. Yumlek.
(c) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
4. What did Riva note were banned?
5. What did Riva say there was a limit to?
(a) The amount of suffering they could take.
(b) The number of time ones can be humiliated.
(c) The amount of time the Nazi can hold on to the Soviet advance.
(d) The amount of soldier the Nazis were capable of sending to the ghetto.
6. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Working in a factory.
(c) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
(d) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
7. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
(a) They could be confiscated.
(b) They were needed to tell the story of the ghetto.
(c) They would be read.
(d) To give clues to their mother if she ever returned.
8. How many lives did the the shop manager say he saved by his action?
(a) 2 lives.
(b) 3 lives.
(c) 5 lives.
(d) 9 lives.
9. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(b) Their new apartment.
(c) Their new bedroom.
(d) Their new factory.
10. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
11. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Poems they learned as children.
(b) How to escape the ghetto.
(c) How to find food.
(d) The war.
12. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
(a) Moshe Krako.
(b) Henry Yuberg.
(c) Yulek Hamsht.
(d) Yulek Schwartz.
13. What period of time elapsed between Chapter 20 and Chapter 21?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
14. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
(a) A stack of wood.
(b) A bed.
(c) A chair.
(d) A rug.
15. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The cleaning area.
(b) The cutting area.
(c) The sewing area.
(d) The assembly area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
2. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
3. What was Riva's building to be used for?
4. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
5. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)