|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
(a) Yum Kippur.
2. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(a) A short story.
(b) A love novel.
(d) The Torah.
3. What did Riva say there was a limit to?
(a) The amount of soldier the Nazis were capable of sending to the ghetto.
(b) The amount of suffering they could take.
(c) The amount of time the Nazi can hold on to the Soviet advance.
(d) The number of time ones can be humiliated.
4. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(b) That they needed to find their families.
(c) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
(d) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
5. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A skirt.
(b) A suit for Riva.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A robe.
6. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new bedroom.
(b) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(c) Their new apartment.
(d) Their new factory.
7. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Two arm-loads of wood.
(b) Orders to clean their apartment.
(c) Orders to move.
(d) Food coupons.
8. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(b) A niece.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An uncle.
9. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
10. Where did Riva arrive at the end of Chapter 24?
11. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(b) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
12. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(a) Dead rabbis.
(d) Members of her family.
13. What did Riva and her brother do the night before the end of the ghetto, according to Chapter 23?
14. Who did Yulek want to bring with him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
15. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
2. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
3. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
4. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
5. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)