|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
2. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(b) Twelve days in jail.
(d) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
3. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
(a) David Berkenwald.
(b) David Avner.
(c) Michel Yemshi.
(d) Yuri Mikelham.
4. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
(a) The list of teenagers to be deported.
(b) The list for the draft.
(c) A wanted list.
(d) The list of high skilled workers.
5. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
6. What did Riva say there was a limit to?
(a) The number of time ones can be humiliated.
(b) The amount of time the Nazi can hold on to the Soviet advance.
(c) The amount of suffering they could take.
(d) The amount of soldier the Nazis were capable of sending to the ghetto.
7. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
(a) The Communist movement.
(b) The youth movement.
(c) The Nazi movement.
(d) The liberation movement.
8. How long did the trip take?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 days.
9. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
(a) Henrish Ruber.
(b) Henry Bolk.
(c) Hans Biebow.
(d) Karl Eimster.
10. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) She liked the view.
(b) She start writing in that apartment.
(c) She had lived there all her life.
(d) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
11. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A suit for Riva.
(b) A skirt.
(c) A robe.
(d) A blanket.
12. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
(a) Henry Yuberg.
(b) Yulek Schwartz.
(c) Moshe Krako.
(d) Yulek Hamsht.
13. How many lives did the the shop manager say he saved by his action?
(a) 5 lives.
(b) 2 lives.
(c) 9 lives.
(d) 3 lives.
14. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Karola and Yuma.
(b) Rifkele and Saba.
(c) Karola and Rifkele.
(d) Ira and Yuma.
15. What did Riva and her brother do the night before the end of the ghetto, according to Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
2. What was Bund?
3. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
4. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
5. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)