|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Riva's building to be used for?
(a) As a storage area.
(b) To hide escapees.
(c) To make firewood.
(d) As a hospital.
2. How many lives did the the shop manager say he saved by his action?
(a) 9 lives.
(b) 5 lives.
(c) 3 lives.
(d) 2 lives.
3. What did Riva and her brother do the night before the end of the ghetto, according to Chapter 23?
4. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
5. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new apartment.
(b) Their new bedroom.
(c) Their new factory.
(d) The new Jewish Affairs office.
6. What did Riva note were banned?
7. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
(a) Because they were told by their mother.
(b) Because they were in Yiddish.
(c) Because they were ending happily.
(d) Because they lived in a happy home.
8. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Hemshi.
(b) Mrs. Yumlek.
(c) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
9. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Karola and Yuma.
(b) Rifkele and Saba.
(c) Ira and Yuma.
(d) Karola and Rifkele.
10. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
(a) She needed to write.
(b) They still had hopes and dreams.
(c) She wanted to die.
(d) She wanted to escape.
11. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
(b) Yum Kippur.
12. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(a) A short story.
(c) The Torah.
(d) A love novel.
13. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The sewing area.
(b) The cleaning area.
(c) The assembly area.
(d) The cutting area.
14. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
(a) Yuri Mikelham.
(b) David Berkenwald.
(c) David Avner.
(d) Michel Yemshi.
15. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
(b) 3 feet of cloth.
(c) A armload of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
2. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
3. What was Bund?
4. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
5. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)