|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) He thought he could find a job more easily.
(b) It was a family heirloom.
(c) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
(d) It was his only possession.
2. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Ira and Yuma.
(b) Rifkele and Saba.
(c) Karola and Rifkele.
(d) Karola and Yuma.
3. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
(a) To come back home.
(b) Not to leave her.
(c) To wait for her in heaven.
(d) To bring back food.
4. Who did Yulek want to bring with him?
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
(a) A stack of wood.
(b) A rug.
(c) A bed.
(d) A chair.
6. What did most of the families of the ghetto decide to do, according to Motele, in Chapter 22?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Volunteer for resettlement.
(c) Try to revolt.
(d) Try to escape.
7. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She cried.
8. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(b) Mrs. Hemshi.
(c) Mrs. Yumlek.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
9. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
(b) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(c) That they needed to find their families.
(d) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
10. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A robe.
(c) A suit for Riva.
(d) A skirt.
11. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Orders to move.
(b) Two arm-loads of wood.
(c) Orders to clean their apartment.
(d) Food coupons.
12. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) A niece.
(c) An uncle.
(d) A neighbor.
13. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
(a) Holes in the floor.
(b) A single toilet.
14. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
(a) Michel Yemshi.
(b) David Avner.
(c) Yuri Mikelham.
(d) David Berkenwald.
15. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
(a) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
2. What did Motele say they should use part of the "one room walk in" as?
3. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
4. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
5. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)