|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
(a) A steel press.
(b) A wood stove.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A hammer.
2. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) She had lived there all her life.
(b) She liked the view.
(c) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
(d) She start writing in that apartment.
3. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He got better.
(b) He refused to eat anything.
(c) He stopped talking.
(d) He neared death.
4. What was Riva's building to be used for?
(a) To hide escapees.
(b) To make firewood.
(c) As a hospital.
(d) As a storage area.
5. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
6. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Hemshi.
(b) Mrs. Avner.
(c) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(d) Mrs. Yumlek.
7. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
(a) Because they were told by their mother.
(b) Because they were in Yiddish.
(c) Because they lived in a happy home.
(d) Because they were ending happily.
8. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) He thought he could find a job more easily.
(b) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
(c) It was a family heirloom.
(d) It was his only possession.
9. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(a) Twelve days in jail.
(b) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
10. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A deserted place.
(c) A busy place.
(d) Their play area.
11. What was the Skif?
(a) The resettlement association.
(b) The Nazis party.
(c) The communist party.
(d) The organization of socialist children.
12. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A pot factory.
(b) At a sewing factory.
(c) A steel mill.
(d) A tank repair depot.
13. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
(b) Yum Kippur.
14. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
(a) To give clues to their mother if she ever returned.
(b) They could be confiscated.
(c) They would be read.
(d) They were needed to tell the story of the ghetto.
15. Where did Riva arrive at the end of Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva note were banned?
2. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
3. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
4. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
5. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)