|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
(c) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
2. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Ira and Yuma.
(b) Karola and Rifkele.
(c) Rifkele and Saba.
(d) Karola and Yuma.
3. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
(b) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(c) That they needed to find their families.
(d) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
4. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The sewing area.
(b) The assembly area.
(c) The cutting area.
(d) The cleaning area.
5. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A pot factory.
(b) A tank repair depot.
(c) At a sewing factory.
(d) A steel mill.
6. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
7. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
(b) A single toilet.
(c) Holes in the floor.
8. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(b) Mrs. Avner.
9. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
(a) Yuri Mikelham.
(b) Michel Yemshi.
(c) David Avner.
(d) David Berkenwald.
10. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(b) Twelve days in jail.
(c) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
11. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A deserted place.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Their play area.
(d) A busy place.
12. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
(a) 3 feet of cloth.
(c) A armload of wood.
13. Where did Riva arrive at the end of Chapter 24?
14. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(a) Dead rabbis.
(c) Members of her family.
15. How long did the trip take?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 9 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
2. What did Motele say they should use part of the "one room walk in" as?
3. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
4. What did Riva say there was a limit to?
5. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)