|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new factory.
(b) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(c) Their new bedroom.
(d) Their new apartment.
2. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(b) A love novel.
(c) A short story.
(d) The Torah.
3. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Two arm-loads of wood.
(b) Orders to clean their apartment.
(c) Food coupons.
(d) Orders to move.
4. What period of time elapsed between Chapter 20 and Chapter 21?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
5. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A tank repair depot.
(b) A steel mill.
(c) At a sewing factory.
(d) A pot factory.
6. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(a) Twelve days in jail.
(d) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
7. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) A niece.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An uncle.
8. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
9. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
(a) He brother was buried in the cemetery next door.
(b) She start writing in that apartment.
(c) She liked the view.
(d) She had lived there all her life.
10. What did Yulek ask Riva to help him with?
(a) Moving to a new apartment.
11. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
(a) They were Jewish.
(b) They were making weapons.
(c) They sewed German uniforms.
(d) They were making ammunition.
12. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Avner.
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
13. Who called Riva out of her hiding place after the Germans failed to find her and her brothers?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
14. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
(a) That he could escape.
(b) That he would die quickly.
(c) That the propaganda was true.
(d) That he could marry Riva.
15. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A wood stove.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A steel press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
2. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
3. What did Motele say they should use part of the "one room walk in" as?
4. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
5. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)