|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
(a) Henry Yuberg.
(b) Yulek Schwartz.
(c) Moshe Krako.
(d) Yulek Hamsht.
2. What was Riva reading with the man she said might have been more than a friend?
(a) A short story.
(c) The Torah.
(d) A love novel.
3. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
4. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Yumlek.
(b) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(c) Mrs. Hemshi.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
5. Who did Yulek want to bring with him?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
6. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A tank repair depot.
(b) A pot factory.
(c) A steel mill.
(d) At a sewing factory.
7. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
(b) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
(d) Working in a factory.
8. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(a) Members of her family.
(d) Dead rabbis.
9. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The cutting area.
(b) The assembly area.
(c) The sewing area.
(d) The cleaning area.
10. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
(b) It was a family heirloom.
(c) He thought he could find a job more easily.
(d) It was his only possession.
11. What did Riva note were banned?
12. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
(a) The youth movement.
(b) The Nazi movement.
(c) The liberation movement.
(d) The Communist movement.
13. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) An uncle.
(b) A niece.
(c) A neighbor.
14. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
(a) That he would die quickly.
(b) That he could marry Riva.
(c) That the propaganda was true.
(d) That he could escape.
15. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
(b) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
(c) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(d) That they needed to find their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
2. What was the Skif?
3. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
4. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
5. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)