|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A steel press.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A wood stove.
2. What did Riva note were banned?
3. Who did Yulek want to bring with him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She cried.
(d) She fainted.
5. How old was Faygele in Chapter 16?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
6. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
7. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
(a) They were needed to tell the story of the ghetto.
(b) To give clues to their mother if she ever returned.
(c) They would be read.
(d) They could be confiscated.
8. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
9. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A suit for Riva.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A robe.
10. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(a) Members of her family.
(b) Dead rabbis.
11. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He stopped talking.
(b) He refused to eat anything.
(c) He neared death.
(d) He got better.
12. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
(b) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
(c) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(d) That they needed to find their families.
13. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) How to find food.
(b) Poems they learned as children.
(c) How to escape the ghetto.
(d) The war.
14. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Turn the central heat on.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Open a window.
(d) Light a fire.
15. What did most of the families of the ghetto decide to do, according to Motele, in Chapter 22?
(a) Try to escape.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Volunteer for resettlement.
(d) Try to revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
2. What served as a toilet during the train ride, in Chapter 24?
3. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
4. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
5. What did Riva realize after being comforted?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)