|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Karola and Yuma.
(b) Karola and Rifkele.
(c) Rifkele and Saba.
(d) Ira and Yuma.
2. How many lives did the the shop manager say he saved by his action?
(a) 3 lives.
(b) 2 lives.
(c) 9 lives.
(d) 5 lives.
3. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
(a) Yulek Schwartz.
(b) Yulek Hamsht.
(c) Moshe Krako.
(d) Henry Yuberg.
4. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He neared death.
(b) He stopped talking.
(c) He got better.
(d) He refused to eat anything.
5. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Avner.
6. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A deserted place.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Their play area.
(d) A busy place.
7. What was Yulek's hope after discovering he was on the list?
(a) That the propaganda was true.
(b) That he would die quickly.
(c) That he could escape.
(d) That he could marry Riva.
8. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) The new Jewish Affairs office.
(b) Their new factory.
(c) Their new apartment.
(d) Their new bedroom.
9. Why were the women of Riva's group reserved toward Riva, in Chapter 18?
(a) She told the manager that one of the women she was working with stole some fabric.
(b) Her name on the deportee list had been switched for someone else.
(c) She stole food from the common area.
(d) She was friends with a German soldier.
10. Who did Riva say she grew closer to, in Chapter 19?
(d) Mrs Avner.
11. Who did the coat in Chapter 19 belong to?
(a) A niece.
(c) An uncle.
(d) A neighbor.
12. What was the Skif?
(a) The resettlement association.
(b) The Nazis party.
(c) The organization of socialist children.
(d) The communist party.
13. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
(a) A rug.
(b) A bed.
(c) A stack of wood.
(d) A chair.
14. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
(a) To wait for her in heaven.
(b) Not to leave her.
(c) To bring back food.
(d) To come back home.
15. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
2. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
3. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
4. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
5. What did Riva note were banned?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)