|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
(b) Members of her family.
(d) Dead rabbis.
2. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
(a) With fruits.
(b) With bread.
(c) With labor.
(d) With gold.
3. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
(a) The list for the draft.
(b) The list of high skilled workers.
(c) A wanted list.
(d) The list of teenagers to be deported.
4. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
(a) Because they lived in a happy home.
(b) Because they were ending happily.
(c) Because they were in Yiddish.
(d) Because they were told by their mother.
5. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
(a) They sewed German uniforms.
(b) They were making ammunition.
(c) They were Jewish.
(d) They were making weapons.
6. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(b) Mrs Avner.
7. Who was the commander of the ghetto in which Riva's family was living?
(a) Hans Biebow.
(b) Henry Bolk.
(c) Karl Eimster.
(d) Henrish Ruber.
8. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A deserted place.
(c) Their play area.
(d) A busy place.
9. What period of time elapsed between Chapter 20 and Chapter 21?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 9 months.
10. Why did the man say he carried his tool, according to Chapter 23?
(a) It was his only possession.
(b) He thought he could find a job more easily.
(c) It was a family heirloom.
(d) He thought he might be more valuable to the Germans.
11. What happened to Laibele in springtime?
(a) He neared death.
(b) He refused to eat anything.
(c) He stopped talking.
(d) He got better.
12. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Yumlek.
(b) Mrs. Avner.
(c) Mrs. Hemshi.
(d) Mrs. Boruchowich.
13. What did Yulek ask Riva to help him with?
(d) Moving to a new apartment.
14. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She cried.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She screamed.
15. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(c) Mrs. Avner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Riva say she grew closer to, in Chapter 19?
2. Why did Riva refuse to take the letters she wrote with her?
3. Where was Riva's hiding place?
4. How long did the trip take?
5. What did Riva use to hide the trap door of their hiding place?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)