|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Riva's brothers pay for the tailor in Chapter 19?
(a) With gold.
(b) With labor.
(c) With fruits.
(d) With bread.
2. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Turn the central heat on.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Light a fire.
(d) Open a window.
3. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That they needed to find their families.
(b) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
(c) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(d) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
4. What did Riva do when they entered the "one room walk in"?
(a) She cried.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She laughed.
5. What did Riva describe as being a "one room walk in"?
(a) Their new apartment.
(b) Their new factory.
(c) Their new bedroom.
(d) The new Jewish Affairs office.
6. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A deserted place.
(c) A busy place.
(d) Their play area.
7. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Avner.
(b) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(c) Mrs. Yumlek.
(d) Mrs. Hemshi.
8. What did Riva and others in her building receive, in Chapter 17?
(a) Food coupons.
(b) Orders to clean their apartment.
(c) Two arm-loads of wood.
(d) Orders to move.
9. What did Riva note were banned?
10. Who did Yulek want to bring with him?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
11. What did Riva say did not get in or out of the ghetto in Chapter 21?
12. What area of the shop did the manager transfer Riva to?
(a) The cutting area.
(b) The assembly area.
(c) The sewing area.
(d) The cleaning area.
13. What list did Yulek discover he was on, in Chapter 20?
(a) The list of teenagers to be deported.
(b) The list of high skilled workers.
(c) The list for the draft.
(d) A wanted list.
14. What friends did Riva promise to try to stay with if the men and women were separated at their destination?
(a) Karola and Rifkele.
(b) Ira and Yuma.
(c) Rifkele and Saba.
(d) Karola and Yuma.
15. What was Riva's building to be used for?
(a) As a hospital.
(b) As a storage area.
(c) To hide escapees.
(d) To make firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Riva's hiding place?
2. What did Riva scream to Laibele?
3. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
4. What did Riva use to stay in touch with former neighbors and friends?
5. Who was the manager of the shop Riva where Riva worked?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)