|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the workers of Riva's shop enemies of Russia, according to the Ghetto commander?
(a) They were Jewish.
(b) They were making ammunition.
(c) They sewed German uniforms.
(d) They were making weapons.
2. Who did Riva say she grew closer to, in Chapter 19?
(d) Mrs Avner.
3. What was the Skif?
(a) The resettlement association.
(b) The organization of socialist children.
(c) The Nazis party.
(d) The communist party.
4. What holiday started in Chapter 15?
(d) Yum Kippur.
5. What did Riva note were banned?
6. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
(a) Because they were ending happily.
(b) Because they were told by their mother.
(c) Because they lived in a happy home.
(d) Because they were in Yiddish.
7. Where did Riva start working, in Chapter 18?
(a) A tank repair depot.
(b) A steel mill.
(c) A pot factory.
(d) At a sewing factory.
8. What did Riva say the "one room walk in " became, in Chapter 18?
(a) A busy place.
(b) Their play area.
(c) A deserted place.
(d) A hospital.
9. What was the name of the motherly neighbor Riva talked about?
(a) Mrs. Boruchowich.
(b) Mrs. Avner.
(c) Mrs. Hemshi.
(d) Mrs. Yumlek.
10. Who took Riva away from Laibele's bedside?
(a) Mrs. Avner.
(b) Mrs. Gruber.
11. What sentence did Motele receive after being caught?
(a) Twelve days in jail.
(b) Clean the outdoor toilet for two days.
12. What did the Ghetto commander tell the workers in Riva's shop?
(a) That they would be relocated within 2 weeks.
(b) That they needed to work harder to ensure victory.
(c) That they needed to find their families.
(d) That their skill was needed for the resettlement effort.
13. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
(b) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
(c) Working in a factory.
14. What were Riva and Laibele talking about at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) How to escape the ghetto.
(b) Poems they learned as children.
(c) How to find food.
(d) The war.
15. Who comforted Riva in Chapter 19?
(c) Mrs Avner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the coat in Chapter 19 made into?
2. Why was Riva emotional over the apartment they were occupying in Chapter 17?
3. Who did Riva start writing letters to in Chapter 16?
4. What tool did one of the men carry, according to Chapter 23?
5. What did Motele get for his work in Chapter 14?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)