|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined the new organization?
(b) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
(c) Mr. Yemush.
(d) Riva's brothers.
2. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a taxi company.
(b) She had run a food stand.
(c) She had run a cleaning service.
(d) She had run a tailor factory.
3. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
4. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That those who leave will have hospital access.
(b) That they could have access to public gardens.
(c) That they could create their own country.
(d) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
5. How many children did Riva's mother have?
6. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
7. How old was Riva in her recollection?
8. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
9. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
10. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The stove.
(b) The fridge.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The beds.
11. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
(a) To work from home only.
(b) To give up any privilege of being a child.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To work for the Child Welfare Department.
12. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) Mother of three.
(d) A student.
13. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(a) Brown shirts.
(b) Top hats.
(d) Black coats.
14. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were taken to a local factory to work.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They were taken in trains and never came back.
(d) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
15. What was Riva's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
2. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
3. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)