|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
2. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Freedom points.
(b) A ration of food.
(c) Some wood.
3. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
4. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A payot.
(b) A Communist uniform.
(c) A Nazi uniform.
(d) A dress.
5. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
6. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That all the Nazis are dead.
(b) That she would keep the light on.
(c) That she is too young to worry about it.
(d) That the massacre could never happen again.
7. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) A fire in one of the houses.
(b) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
(c) An attack by Germans on Jews.
(d) A bomb run by the Soviets.
8. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) April 1940.
(b) April 1939.
(c) March 1940.
(d) May 1940.
9. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have friends.
(b) She did not have grandparents.
(c) She did not have a dad.
(d) She did not have a brother.
10. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The cattle train.
(b) The horror train.
(c) The Caravan of Horror.
(d) The train of shame.
11. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(b) A student.
(c) Mother of three.
(d) A factory worker.
12. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Better hygiene.
(b) Running water and food.
(c) Wood and clothes.
(d) Food and work.
13. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Stay inside the ghetto.
(c) Try to escape.
(d) Accept relocation.
14. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
15. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Sewing flags.
(b) Making ammunition.
(c) Making steel pots.
(d) Sewing German uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
2. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
3. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
4. Who joined the new organization?
5. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)