|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(a) Black coats.
(c) Brown shirts.
(d) Top hats.
2. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1941.
(b) September 1940.
(c) September 1943.
(d) September 1942.
3. What did workers get for their labor?
(b) A ration of food.
(c) Some wood.
(d) Freedom points.
4. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
(a) That the house was going to collapse.
(b) That the soldiers were well dressed.
(c) That the Soviets were monsters.
(d) That she was going to die.
5. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Taking the car.
(b) Going to sleep.
(c) Looking people in the eye.
(d) Going outside.
6. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
7. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(c) Braiding rugs.
(d) Writing letters to soldiers.
8. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A spy.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A Catholic.
9. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(d) Yum Kippur.
10. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They had been home schooled.
(b) Private schools.
(c) Public Schools.
(d) They didn't go to school.
11. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
12. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was raided by Nazis.
(b) It was foreclosed on.
(c) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(d) It was burned.
13. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
(a) He tried to touch a German.
(b) He tried to help a Jewish pregnant woman.
(c) He tried to take a gun on the floor.
(d) He tried to flee.
14. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Nazi uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) A Communist uniform.
(d) A payot.
15. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a brother.
(b) She did not have grandparents.
(c) She did not have a dad.
(d) She did not have friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
2. What separated Riva and her cousin?
3. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
4. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
5. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)