Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her son Joseph.
(b) Her daughter Nancy.
(c) Her son Yumlek.
(d) Her daughter Sophia.
3. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Play groups.
(b) Food scavenger groups.
(c) Trading groups.
(d) Secret study groups.
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
6. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the pantry.
7. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(b) It was foreclosed on.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was raided by Nazis.
8. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
(a) Under a large oak tree.
(b) Near a river.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In Temple.
9. How many children did Riva's mother have?
10. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
(c) They were taken in trains and never came back.
(d) They were taken to a local factory to work.
11. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a dad.
(b) She did not have a brother.
(c) She did not have grandparents.
(d) She did not have friends.
12. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Communist uniform.
(b) A Nazi uniform.
(c) A payot.
(d) A dress.
13. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) Mother of three.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(d) A student.
14. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Braiding rugs.
(b) Writing letters to soldiers.
(c) Sewing uniforms.
15. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Try to escape.
(b) Stay inside the ghetto.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Accept relocation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
2. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
3. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
4. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
5. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)