|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
2. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was foreclosed on.
(b) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was raided by Nazis.
3. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
(a) Under a large oak tree.
(b) Near a river.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In Temple.
4. Who joined the new organization?
(b) Mr. Yemush.
(c) Riva's brothers.
(d) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
5. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That she would keep the light on.
(b) That the massacre could never happen again.
(c) That she is too young to worry about it.
(d) That all the Nazis are dead.
6. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That the rent was going to go up.
(b) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(c) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(d) That they needed to hide.
7. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
8. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
9. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a brother.
(b) She did not have a dad.
(c) She did not have friends.
(d) She did not have grandparents.
10. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(b) Mother of three.
(c) A student.
(d) A factory worker.
11. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Communist uniform.
(b) A Nazi uniform.
(c) A dress.
(d) A payot.
12. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
13. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They didn't go to school.
(b) Public Schools.
(c) Private schools.
(d) They had been home schooled.
14. How old was Riva in her recollection?
15. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The chairs.
(b) The stove.
(c) The beds.
(d) The fridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
2. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
3. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
4. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
5. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)