|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did workers get for their labor?
(b) A ration of food.
(c) Freedom points.
(d) Some wood.
2. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
3. How old was Riva in her recollection?
4. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The train of shame.
(b) The Caravan of Horror.
(c) The horror train.
(d) The cattle train.
5. What was Riva's mother's name?
6. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Nazi party.
(b) The Worker's Union.
(c) The Volksdeutsche.
(d) The Communist party.
7. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a brother.
(b) She did not have friends.
(c) She did not have grandparents.
(d) She did not have a dad.
8. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
9. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A dress.
(b) A Nazi uniform.
(c) A payot.
(d) A Communist uniform.
10. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
11. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was raided by Nazis.
(b) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was foreclosed on.
12. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
(b) That they could have access to public gardens.
(c) That they could create their own country.
(d) That those who leave will have hospital access.
13. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
14. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Sewing German uniforms.
(b) Making ammunition.
(c) Sewing flags.
(d) Making steel pots.
15. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1940.
(b) September 1942.
(c) September 1941.
(d) September 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
2. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
3. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
4. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
5. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)