|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was raided by Nazis.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(d) It was foreclosed on.
2. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
3. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Going outside.
(b) Looking people in the eye.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Taking the car.
4. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a tailor factory.
(b) She had run a food stand.
(c) She had run a taxi company.
(d) She had run a cleaning service.
5. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because they said she was sick.
(b) Because she was wanted.
(c) Because she didn't have a job.
(d) Because they had to fill they quotas.
6. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) A ration of food.
(c) Some wood.
(d) Freedom points.
7. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(b) In Auschwitz.
(c) In the Lodz ghetto.
(d) In the Krakow ghetto.
8. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1940.
(b) September 1941.
(c) September 1942.
(d) September 1943.
9. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(b) Yum Kippur.
10. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
11. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The fridge.
(b) The beds.
(c) The stove.
(d) The chairs.
12. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were taken in trains and never came back.
(b) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They were taken to a local factory to work.
13. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Sewing German uniforms.
(b) Sewing flags.
(c) Making steel pots.
(d) Making ammunition.
14. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A green rectangle.
(b) A red circle.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A yellow star.
15. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's mother's name?
2. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
3. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
4. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
5. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)