|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was foreclosed on.
(b) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(c) It was raided by Nazis.
(d) It was burned.
2. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In Auschwitz.
(b) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) In the Krakow ghetto.
(d) In the Lodz ghetto.
3. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Meister.
(b) Mrs. Henrich.
(c) Mrs. Ham.
(d) Mrs. Gruber.
4. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That they needed to hide.
(b) That the rent was going to go up.
(c) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(d) That he would protect her family from persecution.
5. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
6. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
7. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
(a) To work for the Child Welfare Department.
(b) To give up any privilege of being a child.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To work from home only.
8. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
9. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
(a) That she could apply for financial aid.
(b) That she had to get a job.
(c) That they had to take her away.
(d) That they could not live alone.
10. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(c) Braiding rugs.
(d) Writing letters to soldiers.
11. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That the massacre could never happen again.
(b) That she would keep the light on.
(c) That she is too young to worry about it.
(d) That all the Nazis are dead.
12. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
13. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Play groups.
(b) Secret study groups.
(c) Trading groups.
(d) Food scavenger groups.
14. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(b) Mrs. Gruber.
15. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
3. Who joined the new organization?
4. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)