|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A yellow star.
(b) A green rectangle.
(c) A red circle.
(d) A blue hat.
2. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a brother.
(b) She did not have friends.
(c) She did not have a dad.
(d) She did not have grandparents.
3. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a cleaning service.
(b) She had run a taxi company.
(c) She had run a food stand.
(d) She had run a tailor factory.
4. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
5. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Wood and clothes.
(c) Food and work.
(d) Better hygiene.
6. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because they said she was sick.
(b) Because they had to fill they quotas.
(c) Because she was wanted.
(d) Because she didn't have a job.
7. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
(a) He tried to help a Jewish pregnant woman.
(b) He tried to touch a German.
(c) He tried to flee.
(d) He tried to take a gun on the floor.
8. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
(a) That she was going to die.
(b) That the house was going to collapse.
(c) That the Soviets were monsters.
(d) That the soldiers were well dressed.
9. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) A factory worker.
(b) Mother of three.
(c) A student.
(d) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
10. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Braiding rugs.
(c) Writing letters to soldiers.
(d) Sewing uniforms.
11. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
12. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A spy.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A Catholic.
13. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
14. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the cellar.
15. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
(a) That they had to take her away.
(b) That she had to get a job.
(c) That she could apply for financial aid.
(d) That they could not live alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
2. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
3. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
4. What separated Riva and her cousin?
5. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)