|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That the rent was going to go up.
(b) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(c) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(d) That they needed to hide.
2. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
3. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
4. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
5. Who joined the new organization?
(b) Mr. Yemush.
(c) Riva's brothers.
(d) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
6. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(d) Mrs. Gruber.
7. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
8. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
(a) That the Soviets were monsters.
(b) That the house was going to collapse.
(c) That the soldiers were well dressed.
(d) That she was going to die.
9. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Wood and clothes.
(b) Better hygiene.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Food and work.
10. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That those who leave will have hospital access.
(b) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
(c) That they could create their own country.
(d) That they could have access to public gardens.
11. How old was Riva in her recollection?
12. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Catholic.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A spy.
13. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a food stand.
(b) She had run a cleaning service.
(c) She had run a tailor factory.
(d) She had run a taxi company.
14. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(b) Braiding rugs.
(c) Sewing uniforms.
(d) Writing letters to soldiers.
15. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have friends.
(b) She did not have a brother.
(c) She did not have grandparents.
(d) She did not have a dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
2. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
3. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
4. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
5. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)