|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Stay inside the ghetto.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Try to escape.
(d) Accept relocation.
2. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
3. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A red circle.
(b) A yellow star.
(c) A green rectangle.
(d) A blue hat.
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The beds.
(b) The stove.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The fridge.
6. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(d) Mrs. Gruber.
7. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because she didn't have a job.
(b) Because they said she was sick.
(c) Because they had to fill they quotas.
(d) Because she was wanted.
8. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
9. Who joined the new organization?
(a) Riva's brothers.
(b) Mr. Yemush.
(c) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
10. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
11. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) An attack by Germans on Jews.
(b) A bomb run by the Soviets.
(c) A fire in one of the houses.
(d) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
12. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A Catholic.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A spy.
(d) A Communist.
13. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(b) Yum Kippur.
14. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The cattle train.
(b) The horror train.
(c) The train of shame.
(d) The Caravan of Horror.
15. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were taken to a local factory to work.
(c) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
(d) They were taken in trains and never came back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
2. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
3. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
4. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
5. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)