|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Lodz ghetto.
(b) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) In the Krakow ghetto.
(d) In Auschwitz.
2. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1941.
(b) September 1940.
(c) September 1943.
(d) September 1942.
3. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
4. How many children did Riva's mother have?
5. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Worker's Union.
(b) The Nazi party.
(c) The Communist party.
(d) The Volksdeutsche.
6. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
(a) To work for the Child Welfare Department.
(b) To give up any privilege of being a child.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To work from home only.
7. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Sewing flags.
(b) Making steel pots.
(c) Sewing German uniforms.
(d) Making ammunition.
8. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
9. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a food stand.
(b) She had run a taxi company.
(c) She had run a cleaning service.
(d) She had run a tailor factory.
10. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(a) Top hats.
(b) Brown shirts.
(d) Black coats.
11. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
12. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Accept relocation.
(b) Stay inside the ghetto.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Try to escape.
13. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a dad.
(b) She did not have a brother.
(c) She did not have grandparents.
(d) She did not have friends.
14. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(b) Mrs. Meister.
(c) Mrs. Henrich.
(d) Mrs. Ham.
15. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) An apple.
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A tangerine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
2. Who joined the new organization?
3. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
4. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
5. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)