|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) May 1940.
(b) March 1940.
(c) April 1939.
(d) April 1940.
2. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Freedom points.
(b) Some wood.
(c) A ration of food.
3. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Taking the car.
(b) Looking people in the eye.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Going outside.
4. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) An orange.
(b) An apple.
(c) A tangerine.
(d) A banana.
5. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
(a) The soup kitchen and the local garden.
(b) Schools and the hospital.
(c) Schools, soup kitchens, and a hospital.
(d) The pool and the theater.
6. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
(a) How to escape to England.
(b) The price of food.
(c) How to keep their families safe.
(d) The war and the world situation.
7. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
(a) That the Soviets were monsters.
(b) That the soldiers were well dressed.
(c) That the house was going to collapse.
(d) That she was going to die.
8. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because she was wanted.
(b) Because they had to fill they quotas.
(c) Because they said she was sick.
(d) Because she didn't have a job.
9. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
10. How old was Riva in her recollection?
11. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
(a) Why the Nazis invaded Poland.
(b) Why the Nazis were allowed to kill so many people.
(c) Why they didn't have food growing up.
(d) Why her mother had trouble sleeping.
12. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
13. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A spy.
(d) A Catholic.
14. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(a) Brown shirts.
(b) Top hats.
(c) Black coats.
15. Who joined the new organization?
(a) Riva's brothers.
(b) Mr. Yemush.
(c) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
2. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
3. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
4. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
5. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)