|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
2. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The beds.
(b) The stove.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The fridge.
3. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A Catholic.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A spy.
4. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Wood and clothes.
(b) Better hygiene.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Food and work.
5. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Accept relocation.
(c) Stay inside the ghetto.
(d) Try to escape.
6. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
7. What was Riva's mother's name?
8. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
(a) In the pantry.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the cellar.
9. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 3 siblings.
(b) 2 siblings.
(c) 6 siblings.
(d) 5 siblings.
10. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
11. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(d) Yum Kippur.
12. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Nazi party.
(c) The Worker's Union.
(d) The Volksdeutsche.
13. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her daughter Nancy.
(b) Her son Yumlek.
(c) Her son Joseph.
(d) Her daughter Sophia.
14. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Writing letters to soldiers.
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(d) Braiding rugs.
15. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) A banana.
(b) An apple.
(c) An orange.
(d) A tangerine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Nancy sad?
2. How old was Riva in her recollection?
3. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)