|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
(a) He tried to take a gun on the floor.
(b) He tried to touch a German.
(c) He tried to help a Jewish pregnant woman.
(d) He tried to flee.
2. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
(a) That she is too young to worry about it.
(b) That she would keep the light on.
(c) That all the Nazis are dead.
(d) That the massacre could never happen again.
3. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
4. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Gruber.
(b) Mrs. Meister.
(c) Mrs. Henrich.
(d) Mrs. Ham.
5. How many children did Riva's mother have?
6. How old was Riva in her recollection?
7. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was foreclosed on.
(c) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(d) It was raided by Nazis.
8. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Lodz ghetto.
(b) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) In the Krakow ghetto.
(d) In Auschwitz.
9. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Food and work.
(b) Wood and clothes.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Better hygiene.
10. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1943.
(b) September 1941.
(c) September 1940.
(d) September 1942.
11. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Nazi uniform.
(b) A Communist uniform.
(c) A dress.
(d) A payot.
12. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
13. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A red circle.
(b) A yellow star.
(c) A green rectangle.
(d) A blue hat.
14. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Taking the car.
(b) Looking people in the eye.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Going outside.
15. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a taxi company.
(b) She had run a tailor factory.
(c) She had run a food stand.
(d) She had run a cleaning service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
2. What was Riva's mother's name?
3. What made Nancy sad?
4. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
5. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)