|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) Henry's place.
(b) The steel factory.
(c) The outdoor bathroom.
(d) Riva's place.
2. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
3. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A yellow star.
(b) A red circle.
(c) A green rectangle.
(d) A blue hat.
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That the rent was going to go up.
(b) That they needed to hide.
(c) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(d) That he would protect her family from persecution.
6. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(a) Brown shirts.
(b) Top hats.
(d) Black coats.
7. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
8. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
9. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a cleaning service.
(b) She had run a tailor factory.
(c) She had run a food stand.
(d) She had run a taxi company.
10. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) Mother of three.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(d) A student.
11. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the attic.
12. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) A fire in one of the houses.
(b) An attack by Germans on Jews.
(c) A bomb run by the Soviets.
(d) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
13. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Communist uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) A payot.
(d) A Nazi uniform.
14. How old was Riva in her recollection?
15. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Braiding rugs.
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(c) Writing letters to soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
2. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
3. Who joined the new organization?
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)