|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(b) In the Lodz ghetto.
(c) In the Krakow ghetto.
(d) In Auschwitz.
2. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have grandparents.
(b) She did not have friends.
(c) She did not have a brother.
(d) She did not have a dad.
3. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) A ration of food.
(c) Freedom points.
(d) Some wood.
4. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Trading groups.
(b) Food scavenger groups.
(c) Play groups.
(d) Secret study groups.
5. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1941.
(b) September 1943.
(c) September 1940.
(d) September 1942.
6. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
(a) The pool and the theater.
(b) Schools, soup kitchens, and a hospital.
(c) Schools and the hospital.
(d) The soup kitchen and the local garden.
7. What happened to Riva's family's apartment?
(a) It was used as a hiding spot for Jews.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was foreclosed on.
(d) It was raided by Nazis.
8. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That they could create their own country.
(b) That they could have access to public gardens.
(c) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
(d) That those who leave will have hospital access.
9. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Ham.
(b) Mrs. Meister.
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Henrich.
10. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) Riva's place.
(b) The outdoor bathroom.
(c) Henry's place.
(d) The steel factory.
11. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Going outside.
(b) Looking people in the eye.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Taking the car.
12. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
13. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
14. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
15. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Food and work.
(c) Better hygiene.
(d) Wood and clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva become at age 16?
2. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
3. What separated Riva and her cousin?
4. What did Riva's younger brother contract when he was 13?
5. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)