|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A spy.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A Catholic.
(d) A Communist.
2. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Lodz ghetto.
(b) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) In Auschwitz.
(d) In the Krakow ghetto.
3. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a brother.
(b) She did not have grandparents.
(c) She did not have a dad.
(d) She did not have friends.
4. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A payot.
(b) A Nazi uniform.
(c) A Communist uniform.
(d) A dress.
5. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) A tangerine.
(b) An apple.
(c) A banana.
(d) An orange.
6. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That they needed to hide.
(b) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(c) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(d) That the rent was going to go up.
7. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
8. What was Riva's mother's name?
9. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
10. What did Riva think after being separated from her cousin?
(a) That the house was going to collapse.
(b) That she was going to die.
(c) That the soldiers were well dressed.
(d) That the Soviets were monsters.
11. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a tailor factory.
(b) She had run a cleaning service.
(c) She had run a taxi company.
(d) She had run a food stand.
12. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
(a) Stay inside the ghetto.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Accept relocation.
(d) Try to escape.
13. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Nazi party.
(b) The Worker's Union.
(c) The Volksdeutsche.
(d) The Communist party.
14. Who joined the new organization?
(b) Mr. Yemush.
(c) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
(d) Riva's brothers.
15. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They didn't go to school.
(b) Private schools.
(c) Public Schools.
(d) They had been home schooled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
2. What did some children create in the ghetto?
3. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
4. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
5. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)