|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) April 1939.
(b) May 1940.
(c) March 1940.
(d) April 1940.
2. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) Henry's place.
(b) Riva's place.
(c) The outdoor bathroom.
(d) The steel factory.
3. Who joined the new organization?
(a) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
(b) Riva's brothers.
(d) Mr. Yemush.
4. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the pantry.
5. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(b) Braiding rugs.
(c) Sewing uniforms.
(d) Writing letters to soldiers.
6. What did workers get for their labor?
(b) A ration of food.
(c) Freedom points.
(d) Some wood.
7. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They had been home schooled.
(b) Public Schools.
(c) They didn't go to school.
(d) Private schools.
8. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Wood and clothes.
(b) Food and work.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Better hygiene.
9. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 6 siblings.
(b) 5 siblings.
(c) 2 siblings.
(d) 3 siblings.
10. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A yellow star.
(c) A green rectangle.
(d) A red circle.
11. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a dad.
(b) She did not have a brother.
(c) She did not have friends.
(d) She did not have grandparents.
12. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
13. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) Mother of three.
(b) A student.
(c) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(d) A factory worker.
14. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The beds.
(b) The fridge.
(c) The stove.
(d) The chairs.
15. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That they needed to hide.
(b) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(c) That the rent was going to go up.
(d) That they had to vacate the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separated Riva and her cousin?
2. How old was Riva in her recollection?
3. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
4. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
5. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)