|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the men the Germans harassed?
(a) They were put in trucks and brought to work on a bridge.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They were taken in trains and never came back.
(d) They were taken to a local factory to work.
2. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) A banana.
(b) An orange.
(c) A tangerine.
(d) An apple.
3. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That they could create their own country.
(b) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
(c) That those who leave will have hospital access.
(d) That they could have access to public gardens.
4. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 6 siblings.
(c) 5 siblings.
(d) 3 siblings.
5. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To work from home only.
(c) To work for the Child Welfare Department.
(d) To give up any privilege of being a child.
6. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Worker's Union.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The Nazi party.
(d) The Volksdeutsche.
7. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have friends.
(b) She did not have a brother.
(c) She did not have grandparents.
(d) She did not have a dad.
8. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because she was wanted.
(b) Because they said she was sick.
(c) Because they had to fill they quotas.
(d) Because she didn't have a job.
9. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(b) That the rent was going to go up.
(c) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(d) That they needed to hide.
10. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
(a) The war and the world situation.
(b) How to escape to England.
(c) The price of food.
(d) How to keep their families safe.
11. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A green rectangle.
(c) A red circle.
(d) A yellow star.
12. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a cleaning service.
(b) She had run a tailor factory.
(c) She had run a taxi company.
(d) She had run a food stand.
13. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In Auschwitz.
(b) In the Krakow ghetto.
(c) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(d) In the Lodz ghetto.
14. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
15. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1941.
(b) September 1942.
(c) September 1940.
(d) September 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
2. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
3. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
4. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
5. How many children did Riva's mother have?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)