|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They didn't go to school.
(b) They had been home schooled.
(c) Public Schools.
(d) Private schools.
2. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
3. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) A fire in one of the houses.
(b) A bomb run by the Soviets.
(c) An attack by Germans on Jews.
(d) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
4. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
(a) He tried to take a gun on the floor.
(b) He tried to touch a German.
(c) He tried to help a Jewish pregnant woman.
(d) He tried to flee.
5. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
(b) Mother of three.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A student.
6. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(b) In the Krakow ghetto.
(c) In the Lodz ghetto.
(d) In Auschwitz.
7. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her son Joseph.
(b) Her son Yumlek.
(c) Her daughter Nancy.
(d) Her daughter Sophia.
8. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Some wood.
(b) A ration of food.
(d) Freedom points.
9. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The stove.
(b) The beds.
(c) The fridge.
(d) The chairs.
10. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
11. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
(a) That she could apply for financial aid.
(b) That she had to get a job.
(c) That they could not live alone.
(d) That they had to take her away.
12. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Henrich.
(b) Mrs. Ham.
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
(d) Mrs. Meister.
13. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
14. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
15. What was Riva's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
2. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
3. How old was Riva in her recollection?
4. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
5. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)