|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 3 siblings.
(c) 5 siblings.
(d) 6 siblings.
2. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Sewing uniforms.
(b) Writing letters to soldiers.
(c) Braiding rugs.
3. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Secret study groups.
(b) Play groups.
(c) Food scavenger groups.
(d) Trading groups.
4. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A green rectangle.
(b) A blue hat.
(c) A yellow star.
(d) A red circle.
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
(a) The beds.
(b) The stove.
(c) The fridge.
(d) The chairs.
6. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
(a) Mrs. Henrich.
(b) Mrs. Meister.
(c) Mrs. Ham.
(d) Mrs. Gruber.
7. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
(c) Mrs. Gruber.
8. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
(a) He tried to flee.
(b) He tried to help a Jewish pregnant woman.
(c) He tried to touch a German.
(d) He tried to take a gun on the floor.
9. What was Riva's mother's name?
10. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) March 1940.
(b) April 1940.
(c) April 1939.
(d) May 1940.
11. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Making steel pots.
(b) Making ammunition.
(c) Sewing German uniforms.
(d) Sewing flags.
12. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
13. What was Riva's family's landlady's grandson accused of being?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A Catholic.
(d) A spy.
14. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have grandparents.
(b) She did not have a brother.
(c) She did not have friends.
(d) She did not have a dad.
15. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Wood and clothes.
(b) Better hygiene.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Food and work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
2. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
3. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
4. What did workers get for their labor?
5. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)