|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Riva's cousin when they lived in Poland?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
2. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To work from home only.
(c) To work for the Child Welfare Department.
(d) To give up any privilege of being a child.
3. What were the Jews forced to wear in 1940?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A yellow star.
(c) A red circle.
(d) A green rectangle.
4. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 5 siblings.
(b) 3 siblings.
(c) 6 siblings.
(d) 2 siblings.
5. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
(b) Top hats.
(c) Black coats.
(d) Brown shirts.
6. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
7. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Nazi uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) A payot.
(d) A Communist uniform.
8. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
(c) Yum Kippur.
9. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) March 1940.
(b) May 1940.
(c) April 1939.
(d) April 1940.
10. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
(a) She had run a food stand.
(b) She had run a cleaning service.
(c) She had run a tailor factory.
(d) She had run a taxi company.
11. What was Riva dreading, according to Chapter 1?
(a) Looking people in the eye.
(b) Going outside.
(c) Taking the car.
(d) Going to sleep.
12. What did Riva become at age 16?
(a) Mother of three.
(b) A student.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A member of the Volksdeutsche.
13. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Better hygiene.
(b) Running water and food.
(c) Wood and clothes.
(d) Food and work.
14. What did workers get for their labor?
(a) Some wood.
(b) A ration of food.
(c) Freedom points.
15. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) Public Schools.
(b) They didn't go to school.
(c) They had been home schooled.
(d) Private schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
2. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
3. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
4. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
5. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)