|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
2. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because they said she was sick.
(b) Because she was wanted.
(c) Because they had to fill they quotas.
(d) Because she didn't have a job.
3. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
4. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In the Krakow ghetto.
(b) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) In the Lodz ghetto.
(d) In Auschwitz.
5. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
(a) That they had to vacate the apartment.
(b) That the rent was going to go up.
(c) That he would protect her family from persecution.
(d) That they needed to hide.
6. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Sewing flags.
(b) Making ammunition.
(c) Sewing German uniforms.
(d) Making steel pots.
7. What job did Riva take in order to stay at home with her brother?
(a) Braiding rugs.
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(c) Writing letters to soldiers.
8. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
9. Who joined the new organization?
(a) Mr. Yemush.
(b) Riva's brothers.
(d) Mrs. Gruber and Harry.
10. Why was the man Riva saw attacked by Germans?
(a) He tried to touch a German.
(b) He tried to flee.
(c) He tried to take a gun on the floor.
(d) He tried to help a Jewish pregnant woman.
11. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The horror train.
(b) The train of shame.
(c) The Caravan of Horror.
(d) The cattle train.
12. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Wood and clothes.
(b) Better hygiene.
(c) Running water and food.
(d) Food and work.
13. What did some children create in the ghetto?
(a) Food scavenger groups.
(b) Trading groups.
(c) Secret study groups.
(d) Play groups.
14. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
(a) Schools and the hospital.
(b) The soup kitchen and the local garden.
(c) Schools, soup kitchens, and a hospital.
(d) The pool and the theater.
15. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
2. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
3. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
4. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
5. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)