|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Nancy sad?
(a) She did not have a dad.
(b) She did not have grandparents.
(c) She did not have a brother.
(d) She did not have friends.
2. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her daughter Nancy.
(b) Her daughter Sophia.
(c) Her son Yumlek.
(d) Her son Joseph.
3. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The Caravan of Horror.
(b) The cattle train.
(c) The train of shame.
(d) The horror train.
4. What was Riva's mother's name?
5. What was the name of the grandson of Riva's family's landlady?
6. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
7. Where were Riva and her family living a month after the events of Chapter 4?
(a) In Auschwitz.
(b) In the Warsaw ghetto.
(c) In the Krakow ghetto.
(d) In the Lodz ghetto.
8. What did Riva agree on in order to adopt her brothers?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To work for the Child Welfare Department.
(c) To work from home only.
(d) To give up any privilege of being a child.
9. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the basement.
10. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
11. What school did Riva and her siblings attend?
(a) They had been home schooled.
(b) They didn't go to school.
(c) Public Schools.
(d) Private schools.
12. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
13. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) May 1940.
(b) April 1940.
(c) March 1940.
(d) April 1939.
14. Why did the Germans take Riva's mother away?
(a) Because she was wanted.
(b) Because they had to fill they quotas.
(c) Because she didn't have a job.
(d) Because they said she was sick.
15. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
(b) That they could create their own country.
(c) That they could have access to public gardens.
(d) That those who leave will have hospital access.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
2. What did the people joining the new organization wear?
3. What separated Riva and her cousin?
4. Who was Riva's family's landlady?
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)