|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Riva call the event she witnessed in Chapter 4?
(a) The train of shame.
(b) The horror train.
(c) The Caravan of Horror.
(d) The cattle train.
2. What did the men Riva overheard talk about?
(a) How to keep their families safe.
(b) The price of food.
(c) The war and the world situation.
(d) How to escape to England.
3. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Food and work.
(c) Wood and clothes.
(d) Better hygiene.
4. What was the name of the deaf and mute boy Riva helped, in Chapter 4?
5. What was Riva's mother's marital status?
6. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
7. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
(a) Why the Nazis invaded Poland.
(b) Why they didn't have food growing up.
(c) Why the Nazis were allowed to kill so many people.
(d) Why her mother had trouble sleeping.
8. Where did the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family stay?
(a) Henry's place.
(b) Riva's place.
(c) The steel factory.
(d) The outdoor bathroom.
9. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A Communist uniform.
(b) A dress.
(c) A payot.
(d) A Nazi uniform.
10. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) A bomb run by the Soviets.
(b) A fire in one of the houses.
(c) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
(d) An attack by Germans on Jews.
11. How many siblings was Riva living with in the ghetto?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 3 siblings.
(c) 6 siblings.
(d) 5 siblings.
12. What language did the landlady speak besides Polish?
13. How many were released by mistake from the prison camp?
14. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1941.
(b) September 1940.
(c) September 1943.
(d) September 1942.
15. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Worker's Union.
(b) The Volksdeutsche.
(c) The Nazi party.
(d) The Communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
2. What did workers get for their labor?
3. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
4. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
5. What did Riva's mother plead for the landlady to leave?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)