1. Who was Riva speaking with in Chapter 1?
In Chapter 1, Riva was speaking with her daughter Nancy, saying there was sunshine and that she was both calm and happy.
2. What haunted Riva in her sleep?
Nightmares haunted Riva in her sleep, and she dreaded falling asleep.
3. What did Riva recall in Chapter 2?
In Chapter 2, Riva recalled her childhood in Lodz, Poland, where her mother would sew and prepare for the Passover.
4. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
Riva's mother was a widow and raised her children alone, running a tailor factory.
5. What did Riva note about those who joined the Nazis?
Riva noted that those who joined the Nazis wore swastikas, including Mrs. Gruber and Harry. Harry once arrived at their door and said Germany was his fatherland and he pledged to do anything for Germany.
6. What did Riva ask Saba about the yellow star?
Riva asked Saba if she was ashamed of having to wear the yellow Jewish star, but Saba said those who forced them to wear the star should be ashamed.
This section contains 2,202 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)