|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was frightened in Yulek's apartment?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
2. Why did the story Riva and Laibele talked about sound happy?
(a) Because they were told by their mother.
(b) Because they lived in a happy home.
(c) Because they were ending happily.
(d) Because they were in Yiddish.
3. What did Riva suggest she and her two brother do to keep warm?
(a) Open a window.
(b) Turn the central heat on.
(c) Light a fire.
(d) Go to bed.
4. What was Riva's brother Motele doing in Chapter 14?
(b) Building tools for the Jewish underground movement.
(c) Being a lookout for men tearing down a building.
(d) Working in a factory.
5. What did Riva's friend from Lodz steal for her?
(a) A blouse.
(b) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor teach Riva?
2. What did Riva say to Nancy to reassure her?
3. What was the name of the boy that came to Riva's house in chapter 16?
4. Where did Riva's family hide the youngest brother when the Germans came to their apartment?
5. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)