|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question did Nancy ask her mother?
(a) Why the Nazis invaded Poland.
(b) Why her mother had trouble sleeping.
(c) Why they didn't have food growing up.
(d) Why the Nazis were allowed to kill so many people.
2. What organization was formed, at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The Volksdeutsche.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The Worker's Union.
(d) The Nazi party.
3. Who is Riva talking to at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Her daughter Nancy.
(b) Her son Joseph.
(c) Her daughter Sophia.
(d) Her son Yumlek.
4. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) An attack by Germans on Jews.
(b) A bomb run by the Soviets.
(c) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
(d) A fire in one of the houses.
5. What was Riva's job in the ghetto?
(a) Making steel pots.
(b) Sewing German uniforms.
(c) Making ammunition.
(d) Sewing flags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was Riva's mother preparing for, in her memory of her childhood?
2. How many children did Riva's mother have?
3. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
4. Where did the men Riva overheard gather?
5. Where did Riva spend her childhood?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)