|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the marchers described in Chapter 5 demand of the leaders of the ghetto?
(a) Running water and food.
(b) Wood and clothes.
(c) Food and work.
(d) Better hygiene.
2. In what year does Chapter 6 begin?
(a) September 1943.
(b) September 1940.
(c) September 1942.
(d) September 1941.
3. What did the propaganda tell the inhabitants of the ghetto?
(a) That they could create their own country.
(b) That they would be safe from the Soviets.
(c) That they could have access to public gardens.
(d) That those who leave will have hospital access.
4. What separated Riva and her cousin?
(a) A bomb run by the Soviets.
(b) An attack by Germans on Jews.
(c) A fire in one of the houses.
(d) A column of German soldiers headed for the front.
5. What did Riva's siblings trade for bread on the black market?
(a) A banana.
(b) A tangerine.
(c) An orange.
(d) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin did Riva's siblings trade on the black market to help Riva?
2. What was the name of Riva's cousin, according to Chapter 4?
3. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
4. What did the landlady's grandson tell Riva?
5. Riva's conversation with her daughter, stirred memories for Riva about what year?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)