|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Riva and her cousin go to the post office, according to Chapter 4?
(a) May 1940.
(b) April 1939.
(c) April 1940.
(d) March 1940.
2. What did the landlady's grandson wear when he pounded on the door?
(a) A payot.
(b) A dress.
(c) A Communist uniform.
(d) A Nazi uniform.
3. What did the Child Welfare Department worker tell Riva?
(a) That she had to get a job.
(b) That they had to take her away.
(c) That they could not live alone.
(d) That she could apply for financial aid.
4. What amenities were eliminated shortly after the creation of the ghetto?
(a) The pool and the theater.
(b) Schools and the hospital.
(c) Schools, soup kitchens, and a hospital.
(d) The soup kitchen and the local garden.
5. How old was Riva in her recollection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Riva become at age 16?
2. What did Riva's mother do for a living?
3. What were the people of the ghetto encouraged to do?
4. What was the name of the young man that came to Riva's house in search of his family?
5. Who brought Riva to the doctor after she fell ill?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)