|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Haroon and Karim argue at the end of Part Two, Chapter Eleven, who storms out?
2. How does Karim break up with Eleanor?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) He just stops calling her.
(c) Over dinner.
(d) Over the phone.
3. Who does Karim get in a physical fight with at the end of Part Two, Chapter Fifteen?
(d) His father.
4. What do Karim and Eleanor ultimately do about Pyke's invitation?
(b) Suggest something different.
5. Pyke receives an offer for a theater in which city to take the show there?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Karim and Eleanor later discuss what happened at Pyke's house?
2. When Karim returns to London in the final chapter, the country is on the brink of a political decision between two extremes--the _________ revolution or the rise of the Right.
3. How does Karim betray Changez for the second time?
4. At the opening night in New York, what does Karim realize about Eleanor?
5. How does Anwar die?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Karim and Charlie have lived together a few months in New York, what two things about Charlie make Karim want to get away from him?
2. What does joining Pyke's acting troupe help Karim to realize about social class?
3. The motif of manipulation comes to the forefront in Part Two, Chapter Thirteen. How has Pyke demonstrated manipulation at this point in the novel?
4. How does Jamila react to the death in Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
5. What aspects of Karim and Changez make them character foils of one another and likely allow for their strong friendship?
6. How do Karim and Haroon compare and reflect one another at the end of the novel?
7. After returning to London, in what ways does Karim realize he is finally an adult?
8. What is the final straw that lead Karim to leaving Pyke's action troupe and completely cutting them out of his life?
9. What activities does Pyke have his acting troupe do as they come together for the first time?
10. Who from his life does Karim first select to inspire his character he must develop for the acting troupe, and why does he later have to change it?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)