|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose baby is Jamila pregnant with?
(d) She doesn't know.
2. Where does Pyke invite Karim and Eleanor in Part Two, Chapter Eleven?
(a) To a play.
(b) To his house for dinner.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To a concert.
3. What does Karim notice about Ted at the end of the book?
(a) Ted's transformation to a happy individual is complete.
(b) Ted follows Haroon around like a puppy dog.
(c) Ted has regressed and is more unhappy than ever.
(d) Ted seems more uptight that Karim remembers.
4. What does Marlene reveal to Karim about Eleanor's last boyfriend?
(a) He his Eleanor one night and then took his own life in shame.e
(b) He drove drunk and crashed into a lake where he drowned.
(c) He died from an overdose after not getting a part in a play.
(d) He ran away with another woman who was a famous acress.
5. Overall, the production of Karim's play is _________.
(b) Recieved with mixed reviews.
(c) A failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marlene?
2. When Haroon and Karim argue at the end of Part Two, Chapter Eleven, who storms out?
3. After a few months together in New York, what is the second thing that makes Karim want to get away from Charlie?
4. How has Charlie changed his band in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
5. How does Karim feel about Terry initially?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final straw that lead Karim to leaving Pyke's action troupe and completely cutting them out of his life?
2. How is Eleanor demonstrating a manipulative side by Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. What sort of overall reception does the play receive?
4. Who is in Pyke's acting troupe, and how are they different from one another?
5. Who does Karim decide to create his second character for the acting troupe assignment on, and what dilemma does that bring about?
6. After returning to London, in what ways does Karim realize he is finally an adult?
7. Who dies in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, and how does he or she meet their demise?
8. What acts of violent intolerance and racism occur in Part Two, Chapter Fifteen?
9. How do Karim and Haroon compare and reflect one another at the end of the novel?
10. Who from his life does Karim first select to inspire his character he must develop for the acting troupe, and why does he later have to change it?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)