|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Karim move in with while waiting for rehearsals to begin?
(a) He gets his own place.
2. How do Karim and Tracey stand out against Pyke's acting group?
(a) They have the most acting experience.
(b) They are the tallest.
(c) They are the ones who are not white.
(d) They are the only males.
3. Who helps Changez convince Jamila to let him go with her after Anwar's death?
(a) No one.
4. Carol is described as ______ and ______.
5. Who is offended by Karim's character in his play?
(a) Haroon and Jamila.
(c) No one.
(d) Eva and Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the subject of Karim's second characterization feel about being impersonated?
2. How does Heater view Karim?
3. At the opening night in New York, what does Karim realize about Eleanor?
4. Where does Karim get a job when he returns to London?
5. Karim feels that Shadwell's ideas for his character are ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does joining Pyke's acting troupe help Karim to realize about social class?
2. How is Eleanor demonstrating a manipulative side by Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. Who from his life does Karim first select to inspire his character he must develop for the acting troupe, and why does he later have to change it?
4. How has Charlie been influenced by punk?
5. After Karim and Charlie have lived together a few months in New York, what two things about Charlie make Karim want to get away from him?
6. How has Haroon and Eva's relationship changed by Part Two, Chapter Ten?
7. What does Pyke open up to Karim about in Part Two, Chapter Twelve, and what surprising offer does he make?
8. What sort of overall reception does the play receive?
9. Who does Karim decide to create his second character for the acting troupe assignment on, and what dilemma does that bring about?
10. After returning to London, in what ways does Karim realize he is finally an adult?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)