|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insulting word does Karim call Charlie in Part One, Chapter Eight?
2. What does Karim think about the individual he meets at the second party Haroom speaks at?
(a) He thinks she is ugly.
(b) He is offended by something she says.
(c) He thinks she is interested in him.
(d) He is taken by her beauty and is speechless.
3. Who does Karim have a crush on in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Eva's sister.
(c) No one.
4. Eva and Haroon move from _______ to ________.
(a) A house/A duplex.
(b) The Suburbs/The City.
(c) The city/The suburbs.
(d) A duplex/A house.
5. What type of people attend Eva's party at her new flat?
(b) Friends of her parents.
(c) Friendly new neighbors.
(d) Artists and theater people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anwar's first business?
2. How long do things seem to go back to normal after Karim meets with Jean in Part One, Chapter Three?
3. Where do Changez and Jamila first meet?
4. How does Karim feel at the end of Part One, Chapter Eight?
5. How long have Jamila and Karim known each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the relationship between Changez and Jamila be compared to the relationship between Haroon and Eva.
2. How do Charlie and Helen each demonstrate the motif of escaping?
3. What success does Karim experience at the end of Part Two, Chapter Nine?
4. How are Karimi's feeling toward Chalie changing in Part One, Chapter Eight.
5. How is the Eastern Philosophy shown to be effective in Part One, Chapter Four?
6. What does the mention of Shadwell's career foreshadow?
7. How is Karim's sexual confusion demonstrated at the second gathering at Eva's that Haroon speaks at?
8. In what ways was England a shock for Haroon and Anwar when they went there for school?
9. What are two ways Karim shows compassion or concern for others in Part One, Chapter Six?
10. What exchanges occur between Karim and Helen in Part One, Chapter Three?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)