|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter Five Haroon admits to Karim that he _______ Eva.
(b) Is confused by.
(c) Wants to get rid of.
2. What does Changez want to see in town?
(a) Cricket and the auto shop.
(b) The bar and auto shop.
(c) Cricket and bookstores.
(d) The bar.
3. Who home does Karim move in to in Part one, Chapter Seven?
(a) He moves into his own place.
4. How does Karim expect Changez to treat him at Eva's flat party?
(a) Karim things Changez will pull him aside to speak privately.
(b) Karim things Changez will ignore him.
(c) Karim expects an explosive confrontation.
(d) Karim doesn't know what to expect.
5. Karim is half Indian and half _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Karim asks Margaret to draw him?
2. At the end of Part One, Chapter Six, Karim calls _______ to tell her that Marget will need her.
3. What type of people attend Eva's party at her new flat?
4. What does Charlie do when he, Karim, and Helen all end up outside Karim's school?
5. In what location does the novel open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attitude of racism is foreshadowed in Part One, Chapter One?
2. After Changez and Jamila are married, what is Changez's relationship like with Jamila, Anwar, and Karim?
3. How does Haroon feel about his new life with Eva in the city?
4. How is the Eastern Philosophy shown to be effective in Part One, Chapter Four?
5. How is the theme of class differences introduced in Part One, Chapter One?
6. How is Changez introduced in the book, and what does Anwar feel about him after finally meeting him?
7. What scene does Karim witness while cycling in Part One, Chapter Five?
8. Whose living conditions change in Part One, Chapter Seven.
9. How is Karim introduced to readers?
10. What success does Karim experience at the end of Part Two, Chapter Nine?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)