|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of music describes the band that Charlie and Karim see together?
(c) Classic Rock.
2. What activity does Haroom lead people in while speaking at Eva's house?
(b) A question and answer period.
(c) Name games to introduce people.
3. Eva and Haroon move from _______ to ________.
(a) A house/A duplex.
(b) The Suburbs/The City.
(c) The city/The suburbs.
(d) A duplex/A house.
4. At the end of Part One, Chapter Six, Haroon announces to Karim that he is ____________.
(a) Taking Eva as a second wife.
(b) Disowning Karim.
(c) Moving in with Eva.
(d) Leaving Eva.
5. What is Karim's mother's name?
(c) She is not named.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Karim's mother and father meet?
2. Where are Helen and Karim quickly intimate at the end of Part One, Chapter Five?
3. What does Anwar do to try and get Jamila to obey him regarding the arranged marriage?
4. How does Changez actually act toward Karim at Eva's flat party?
5. What is Haroom and Karim's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of 'life as an immigrant' displayed in Part One, Chapter Five?
2. What aspects in Part One, Chapter Four reveal details of Indian culture.
3. What is demonstrated in Part One, Chapter Four about gender roles in the Indian culture?
4. How do Margaret and Ted each demonstrate the theme of 'identity' in Part One, Chapter Seven?
5. How do Haroon and Eva's personalities compare to one another?
6. How is Karim's sexual confusion demonstrated at the second gathering at Eva's that Haroon speaks at?
7. How can the relationship between Changez and Jamila be compared to the relationship between Haroon and Eva.
8. What exchanges occur between Karim and Helen in Part One, Chapter Three?
9. What attitude of racism is foreshadowed in Part One, Chapter One?
10. How does Karim and Shadwell feel about one another upon meeting for the first time?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)