|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Karim and Eleanor argue at Pyke's house, why is Karim upset?
(a) He doesn't want to fight in front of other people.
(b) He doesn't want Eleanor to shut him out.
(c) He things Eleanor is cheating on him.
(d) Because Elanor starts crying.
2. How do Karim and Tracey stand out against Pyke's acting group?
(a) They are the ones who are not white.
(b) They are the tallest.
(c) They are the only males.
(d) They have the most acting experience.
3. How does Karim feel toward Eleanor after they sleep together?
(a) He is very happy and feels like the dominant one in the relationship.
(b) He falls deeply in love with her, but feels inferior.
(c) He regrets it and tells her so.
(d) He thinks it was a mistake and starts avoiding her.
4. What do Karim and Eleanor ultimately do about Pyke's invitation?
(a) Suggest something different.
5. When Karim and Eleanor argue at Pyke's house, why is Eleanor upset?
(a) She thinks Karim is cheating on her.
(b) She feels belittled by Karim.
(c) She doesn't want to fight in front of other people.
(d) She doesn't want Karim to ruin the evening.
6. In Part Two, Chapter Fifteen, Pyke's play opens with a small tour of ________ performances.
7. How does Karim break up with Eleanor?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) Over the phone.
(c) He just stops calling her.
(d) Over dinner.
8. Where does Karim get a job when he returns to London?
(a) As an acting teacher.
(b) On a soap opera.
(c) At a grocery store.
(d) At a shoe store.
9. Who does Terry invite to a showing of the play, in hopes of securing a job?
(a) Matthew Pyke.
(b) Mason Pyke.
(c) Marcus Pyke.
(d) Mike Pyke.
10. Where does Pyke invite Karim and Eleanor in Part Two, Chapter Eleven?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a play.
(c) To his house for dinner.
(d) To a concert.
11. How does Karim feel about Terry initially?
(a) He thing Terry has a crush on him.
(b) He feels threatened by Terry.
(c) He dislikes Terry.
(d) He is attracted to Terry.
12. After the show is over, where does Karim tell Terry he is going?
(d) A bar.
13. What does Karim convince Eva to hire him and Eleanor to do?
(a) Help refurbish the house.
(b) Landscape the yard at her house.
(c) Cook her meals.
(d) Entertain her with their acting skills.
14. When Karim returns to London in the final chapter, the country is on the brink of a political decision between two extremes--the _________ revolution or the rise of the Right.
15. Who does Karim move in with while waiting for rehearsals to begin?
(d) He gets his own place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eva and Haroon's relationship begin to change after they move to the city?
2. Who first sleeps together at Pyke's house in Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
3. After a few months together in New York, what is the second thing that makes Karim want to get away from Charlie?
4. How do Karim and Eleanor end up sleeping together?
5. When Karim gets reacquainted with Charlie in New York, what is he surprised to learn about Charlie's musical career?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)