|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karim and Eleanor ultimately do about Pyke's invitation?
(a) Suggest something different.
2. When Pyke directs his actors to create a character based on someone they know, who does Karim pick?
3. Who does Karim decide to base his second characterization on?
4. Who first sleeps together at Pyke's house in Part Two, Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Karim and Eleanor.
(b) Pyke and Eleanor.
(c) Karim and Marlene.
(d) Pyke and Marlene.
5. How does Karim betray Changez for the second time?
(a) By getting Jamila pregnant.
(b) By promising he would create a character based on Changez, but not doing it.
(c) By revealing one of Changez' secrets to Jamila.
(d) By basing a character on him, even after Changez asked him not to.
6. What surprises Karim about his mother and father's actions when his play opens in London?
(a) He seems them kiss.
(b) They are speaking to one another happily.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) They get in a public fight.
7. Who does Karim get in a physical fight with at the end of Part Two, Chapter Fifteen?
(d) His father.
8. Carol is described as ______ and ______.
9. How does the night at Pyke's house end?
(a) All four people sleep together.
(b) They all have a great time and agree to do it again soon.
(c) Karim and Eleanor are fighting so they decide to leave.
(d) Karim is so agnry with Eleanor's behavior that he storms out.
10. When Karim and Eleanor argue at Pyke's house, why is Karim upset?
(a) He doesn't want Eleanor to shut him out.
(b) Because Elanor starts crying.
(c) He doesn't want to fight in front of other people.
(d) He things Eleanor is cheating on him.
11. Who is offended by Karim's characterization of someone he knows?
12. Who are the veteran actors in Pyke's group?
(a) Richard and Eleanor.
(b) Jon and Eleanor.
(c) Richard and Jon.
(d) Richard and Carol.
13. What does Pyke offer Karim as a 'present' for his contribution to the play in Part Two, Chapter Eleven?
(b) The opportunity to sleep with Pyke's wife.
(c) Another part in his next play.
(d) A genuine 'thank you.'
14. How does Heater view Karim?
(a) As a potential friend.
(b) As an enemy.
(c) As a romantic rival.
(d) As a potential love interst.
15. What two things does Shadwell want Karim to do to help create his character for the play?
(a) Wear a long black wig and whisper.
(b) Wear white makeup and speak with an accent.
(c) Wear just a robe and whisper.
(d) Wear dark makeup and speak with an accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karim and Eleanor argue at Pyke's house, why is Eleanor upset?
2. What does Karim notice about Ted at the end of the book?
3. At the opening night in New York, what does Karim realize about Eleanor?
4. Overall, the production of Karim's play is _________.
5. What does Karim realize is the most important thing to him?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)