|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terry admit to Karim after Karim says he will be leaving?
(a) He was wrong about Karim.
(b) He hates Karim.
(c) He will miss Karim.
(d) He loves Karim.
2. After a few months together in New York, what is the second thing that makes Karim want to get away from Charlie?
(a) Charlie begins experimenting with bondage.
(b) Charlie cheets on Karim.
(c) Charlie is an alcoholic.
(d) Charlie begins experimenting with hard drugs.
3. Where does Karim get a job when he returns to London?
(a) At a grocery store.
(b) At a shoe store.
(c) On a soap opera.
(d) As an acting teacher.
4. Where does Pyke invite Karim and Eleanor in Part Two, Chapter Eleven?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To a play.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To his house for dinner.
5. What does Pyke tell Karim happened to Eleanor's last boyfriend?
(a) He died in an accident at work.
(b) He skipped town and no one has heard from him since.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died in a car accident.
6. What happens at Charlie's concert which Eva and Karim attend?
(a) Eva and Karim gets lost from one another.
(b) Charlie falls of stage.
(c) Charlie calls them onstage.
(d) A riot breaks out.
7. What surprises Karim about his mother and father's actions when his play opens in London?
(a) He seems them kiss.
(b) They are holding hands.
(c) They are speaking to one another happily.
(d) They get in a public fight.
8. When Karim and Eleanor argue at Pyke's house, why is Karim upset?
(a) He doesn't want Eleanor to shut him out.
(b) He doesn't want to fight in front of other people.
(c) Because Elanor starts crying.
(d) He things Eleanor is cheating on him.
9. Which actor or actress does Karim fall for in Pyke's group?
10. Where do Karim and Eleanor later discuss what happened at Pyke's house?
(a) They do not discuss it.
(b) While on a walk.
(c) In Eleanor's car.
(d) At Eleanor's place.
11. Overall, the production of Karim's play is _________.
(a) A failure.
(b) Recieved with mixed reviews.
12. Who is Heater?
(a) Eleanor's friend.
(b) Jon's friend.
(c) Carol's friend.
(d) Pyke's friend.
13. How does Anwar die?
(a) A brain aneurism.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Changez stabs him.
(d) Shinko stabs him.
14. How does Eva and Haroon's relationship begin to change after they move to the city?
(a) It is a bit more strained.
(b) They are more in love than ever.
(c) They start seeing a counselor.
(d) They break up.
15. What happens when Karim asks Eleanor for money, per Terry's request?
(a) She gives him the money.
(b) She screams at him.
(c) She refuses him.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is offended by Karim's characterization of someone he knows?
2. Who helps Changez convince Jamila to let him go with her after Anwar's death?
3. How do Karim and Tracey stand out against Pyke's acting group?
4. Pyke receives an offer for a theater in which city to take the show there?
5. What do Eva and Haroon announce at the end of the book?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)