|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karim feel about Changez upon meeting him?
(a) Karim hates Changez at first, and then startes to pity him.
(b) Karim hates Changez at first, and then feels indifferent toward him.
(c) Karim first feels pity for Changez, and then decides he likes him.
(d) Karim first likes Changez, and then pities him.
2. Where did Haroon grow up?
3. Who gets a nosebleed at Eva's house?
4. While exercising to clear his mind, what does Karim find Haroon doing strangely?
(a) Speaking on a pay phone.
(b) Talking to a strange child.
(c) Purchasing something from a street vendor.
(d) Talking to a strange man.
5. What is Shadwell's profession?
(c) He is unemployed.
6. Who does Changez ask to show him around town?
7. What does Changez say to Jamila when they first meet?
(a) "Do no look me in the eyes."
(b) "You look like a princess."
(c) "I love you."
(d) They do not talk.
8. What is Haroom and Karim's relationship?
(b) Best friends.
9. While being intimate with Helen, who is Karim thinking about?
(b) His mind is blank.
10. On their way to Eva's house in Part One, Chapter One, where do Haroom and Karim stop?
(a) A shoe shine station.
(b) A wine shop.
(c) The local pub.
(d) The marketplace.
11. Who arrives at Eva's flat party with Jamila and Changez?
(b) A stranger.
12. How does Helen's dad feel about Karim?
(a) He strongly dislikes Karim and calls him racial slurs.
(b) He thinks Karim is someone else.
(c) He dislikes Karim, but keeps his opinion to himself.
(d) He thinks of Karim as the son he never had.
13. What do Karim and Helen exchange?
(a) A hug.
(b) Phone numbers.
(d) A kiss.
14. Where is the man from who is arranged to marry Jamila?
15. Karim is half Indian and half _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean tell Karim to do in Part One, Chapter Three?
2. How much time passes between Part One, Chapter Three and Chapter Four?
3. Why does Karim barely recognize Charlie in Part One, Chapter Three?
4. At the end of Part One, Chapter Six, Karim calls _______ to tell her that Marget will need her.
5. Who is Jamila's mother?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)