Part One - In the Suburbs, Chapter One
1. What decade does the novel begin in?
2. In what location does the novel open?
(a) North London suburbs.
(b) A London coffee shop.
(c) South London suburbs.
(d) Downtown London.
3. Karim is half Indian and half _______.
4. What is Haroom and Karim's relationship?
(a) Best friends.
5. At the beginning of the novel, what has Haroom been invited to speak on?
(a) Bicultural Living.
(b) Eastern Philosophy.
(d) Western Philosphy.
6. On their way to Eva's house in Part One, Chapter One, where do Haroom and Karim stop?
(a) A shoe shine station.
(b) A wine shop.
(c) The local pub.
(d) The marketplace.
7. What does Haroom confide to Karim when they stop on their way to Eva's house?
(a) He feels guilty for lieing to his wife.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He is unhappy in his marriage.
(d) He is nervous about speaking at Eva's house.
This section contains 4,642 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)