|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they serve for dinner at Everett's penitentiary when reporters come?
2. What Major League team does Hugh get the chance to pitch a few games for during his tenure with the Tugboats?
(c) White Sox.
3. What action causes Irwin to be sent back home from Vietnam in a straitjacket, heavily sedated?
(a) He is caught sneaking food to orphaned Vietnamese children.
(b) He claims to be seeing ghosts of Vietnamese and American soldiers.
(c) He attacks his captain with a tube of toothpaste.
(d) He begins hitting himself.
4. What statement does Elder Joon claim God says to him?
(b) Tomorrow will be better.
(c) Rest Easily.
(d) No Comment.
5. Who writes a letter regarding Irwin to his superiors that contributes to his being held apart from his family?
(b) Captain Dudek.
(c) Elder Babcock.
(d) Sergeant Felker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Peter have stolen from him in India?
2. Where do they first find cancer in Hugh?
3. Which family friend joins Irwin and Peter first in the woodstoves venture?
4. What job does Irwin get when he first begins college?
5. What ultimatum does Laura give her congregation in Book Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter refuse to buy back his manuscripts in Book Five?
2. What does Everett send to Irwin as a "homeopathic dose of sanity and antidote to Army Brain" in Book Five?
3. What reason does Natasha give to Everett for not wanting to sleep after their coffee date in Book Four?
4. What tradition do Peter and Everett have that was inspired by the Glass brothers in Salinger's novel Franny & Zooey?
5. What event heals the relationship between Everett and his mother in Book Five?
6. What does Laura plan to do at church in Chapter 8, and what ends up happening instead?
7. What horrible event in Linda's past makes her afraid to live alone after Irwin leaves for the army?
8. What effect does Everett's glasses have upon his baseball game?
9. How is Peter afraid of hurting his father in regard to baseball in Book Four?
10. What do Hugh and Kincaid do to help them sleep the night before they are going to free Irwin in Book Six?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)