|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins taking care of Hugh at the end of his life.
(d) Elder Babcock.
2. What surprises Everett about his friends when he goes into hiding after burning his draft card?
(a) They do not support his decision to hide from the draft.
(b) They reveal where he is hiding to the FBI.
(c) He finds out they have been stealing money from him.
(d) They all forget him.
3. Why does Peter change from third class trains to first class compartments in his travels through India?
(a) To avoid the crowds and smells.
(b) He is given the free upgrade.
(c) To be able to sleep better at night.
(d) To travel with other scholars.
4. Which family friend joins Irwin and Peter first in the woodstoves venture?
(a) Uncle Truman.
(b) Elder Beal.
(d) Bull Durham.
5. What is the name of the town where Peter and T Bar seek help in India?
(a) New Dehli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Irwin to feel as though his heart died in Chapter 3 of Book Five?
2. Why is Irwin unable to recognize Hugh the first time he visits?
3. What nickname does Everett gain during his time at college?
4. Who offers the prayer at Hugh's wake?
5. Who finds the verses written between Uncle Marvin and Mary Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh go to Elder Babcock's house in Book Five?
2. What does Everett send to Irwin as a "homeopathic dose of sanity and antidote to Army Brain" in Book Five?
3. What does Kincaid dream about on their journey home in Book Six that startles and scares him?
4. What position does Ty Daniels and the rest of the Portland Tug team take towards Hugh when he throws his last wild pitch and leaves the team?
5. What do Hugh and Kincaid do to help them sleep the night before they are going to free Irwin in Book Six?
6. Why does Irwin quit the baseball team?
7. When Irwin is released from the hospital in Book Six, what is his condition?
8. When Everett receives Natasha's letter proclaiming her love, how does he respond?
9. How is Everett's attitude in regards to his imprisonment?
10. How does Everett's 211 page letter eventually reach Natasha?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)