|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kincaid find Hugh drinking after Laura has gone to Uncle Marvin's in Book Four?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Cough Syrup.
(d) Old Crow.
2. How many pages is the letter Everett writes to Tasha and mails to her grandmother's address?
3. Who is the mastermind of operation squeeze?
(b) Elder Joon.
4. What reason does Natasha give for leaving Everett?
(a) She thought Everett was no longer in love with her.
(b) She had a dream that prompted her to return to check on her mom.
(c) She fell in love with someone else.
(d) She was pregnant and afraid.
5. What does Natasha do after she receives Everett's letter in Book Six?
(a) Sends a telagram to Everett in prison.
(b) Drives straight to Camas.
(c) Drives back to Shyashyakook.
(d) Drives straight to California to Irwin's mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prompts Irwin to start talking?
2. What does Peter major in at Harvard?
3. What is the name of the town where Everett settles?
4. How many PAC-10 teams offer a baseball scholarship to Peter?
5. What is the name of the professor whom Everett debates publicly in front of a huge seminar of students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Peter give Laura for taking a job at the mill in Chapter 5?
2. What horrible event in Linda's past makes her afraid to live alone after Irwin leaves for the army?
3. What effect does Everett's glasses have upon his baseball game?
4. What secret about Linda does Bet reveal to Kincaid in Book Five?
5. How does Natasha respond to Everett's public debate with Dr. Gurtzner?
6. Why does Peter refuse to buy back his manuscripts in Book Five?
7. How is Peter afraid of hurting his father in regard to baseball in Book Four?
8. What does Everett send to Irwin as a "homeopathic dose of sanity and antidote to Army Brain" in Book Five?
9. How does Everett's 211 page letter eventually reach Natasha?
10. What is the one positive thing that Irwin writes to Bet about during his first week in Vietnam?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)