|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Everett name the goat he tends to in Book Five?
2. Whom does Freddy send Everett a snapshot of in prison?
3. How much money does Peter have stolen from him in India?
4. What is the typical sentence for draft dodgers at the time of Everett's sentencing?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
5. Why do Irwin, Roy, and Peter name their business Wind River Woodstoves?
(a) They pulled the name out of a hat.
(b) Wind River was Hugh's favorite fishing stream.
(c) Peter had a dreamed where he heard the name.
(d) Linda suggested the name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugh's new baseball nickname that is given to him while pitching for the Tugboats?
2. What action causes Irwin to be sent back home from Vietnam in a straitjacket, heavily sedated?
3. Who offers the prayer at Hugh's wake?
4. How old is Linda when she marries Irwin?
5. Which country is the visiting preacher Kim Joon from in Book Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Keys think that Irwin is a difficult and stubborn case?
2. What does Kincaid dream about on their journey home in Book Six that startles and scares him?
3. What reason does Peter give Laura for taking a job at the mill in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Everett think Myshkin is a prodigy in literature and art?
5. How does Everett's 211 page letter eventually reach Natasha?
6. What tradition do Peter and Everett have that was inspired by the Glass brothers in Salinger's novel Franny & Zooey?
7. What piece of pitching advice does Freddy recite at Hugh's wake?
8. When Everett receives Natasha's letter proclaiming her love, how does he respond?
9. Why does Irwin quit the baseball team?
10. What effect does Everett's glasses have upon his baseball game?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)