|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Everett miss the message about Irwin's wedding and draft into the army?
(a) He is at a week long sit-in.
(b) He does not have a phone.
(c) His roomate doesn't give him the message.
(d) He gets the message, but he forgets about it.
2. What beverage does Hugh instruct Laura to serve the ballplayers at his wake?
(a) Cream Soda.
(b) Apple cider.
3. What job does Irwin get when he first begins college?
(b) Football water boy.
(c) Grocery shelves stocker.
(d) Campus groundskeeper.
4. How many PAC-10 teams offer a baseball scholarship to Peter?
5. What favor does Irwin ask of his family while he is in Vietnam?
(a) He asks them to pay for Linda's college.
(b) He asks if Linda can move in with them.
(c) He asks that they write him weekly and visit Linda in Seattle.
(d) He asks them to adopt the baby he is expecting with Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Hugh answer all of his mail as his secretary?
2. Whom does Peter quote during his speech at the post season baseball banquet?
3. What event causes Everett to spiral into depression and misery in Book Five?
4. What does Peter call his mental state while awaiting a pitch?
5. What addition to the Chance family and friends from Camas intimidates Major Keys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one positive thing that Irwin writes to Bet about during his first week in Vietnam?
2. What reason does Peter give Laura for taking a job at the mill in Chapter 5?
3. What tradition do Peter and Everett have that was inspired by the Glass brothers in Salinger's novel Franny & Zooey?
4. What secret about Linda does Bet reveal to Kincaid in Book Five?
5. Why is Everett so suited to activism?
6. Why does Peter refuse to buy back his manuscripts in Book Five?
7. Why does Hugh go to Elder Babcock's house in Book Five?
8. When Everett receives Natasha's letter proclaiming her love, how does he respond?
9. What do Hugh and Kincaid do to help them sleep the night before they are going to free Irwin in Book Six?
10. How is Everett's attitude in regards to his imprisonment?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)