|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hugh plays ball as entertainment for the troops what does he not like about his situation?
(a) He plays for the team that is rigged to lose every game.
(b) He has to play first baseman instead of pitcher.
(c) He has to pitch every night, which fatigues his shoulder as he gets no rest.
(d) He has to play short stop instead of pitcher.
2. Who is the grammar teacher that has each of the Chance kids for class?
(a) Roy Hallston.
(b) Gale Durham.
(c) Virginia Lewis.
(d) Del Hergert.
3. How does Mama react to Irwin's prayer at the supper table in Book Two?
(a) She sheds a few tears of joy.
(b) She runs into the kitchen closet and laughs.
(c) She remains plain faced and doesn't react to the prayer.
(d) She scolds Irwin.
4. What does Irwin give Officer Hervano as a token after Officer Hervano attempts to save Irwin in Book Two?
(a) His raincoat.
(b) His shoe.
(c) The dog.
(d) His hat.
5. Which child has contacted Doc Franken to bring him to the Chance home in Book Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter's reaction to the film shown at school about bombs?
2. What was Hugh's father's profession?
3. How does Laura punish Peter, Everett, and Kincaid after the Psalm War?
4. What does Kincaid's piggy bank resemble?
5. How do the Chance boys know their father's pitching is improving after his surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys make a pact to pray for at the end of Book Two?
2. Why doesn't Kincaid go to church with his Mama and siblings in Book One, Chapter 2?
3. What freedom does Laura grant Peter, Everett, and Kincaid after the Psalm War in Book Three?
4. What trade does Doctor Franken offer to make with the Chance family in Book Three?
5. How do the boys name the pitches their father practices in Book Two?
6. As Peter begins to ask and contemplate deep questions in Book Two, where does he turn to seek answers?
7. According to Kincaid in Book One, what causes Papa to start up smoking again after he had quit?
8. How does Peter's appearance change after Laura stops doing his domestic duties?
9. What reason does Hugh give to the boys for Laura's devotion to her religion?
10. Why are Irwin and the twins nonplussed by the "incriminating evidence" Elder Babcock and Laura show them against Peter, Everett, and Kincaid?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)