|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine publishes Everett's school paper "Junk Genius"?
(a) Sporting Digest.
(b) Time Magazine.
(d) The Readers Digest.
2. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
(a) Pilgrims of Work.
(b) Pirates of Wonder.
(c) Princes of Worship.
(d) Prisoners of Worship.
3. What does Grandawma eat for her last meal?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Carrot soup.
(d) A steak.
4. Why does Everett play the baseball position he does?
(a) He was assigned the position by the coach.
(b) He has the build of a catcher.
(c) He dreams of catching his father's pitches.
(d) His dad suggested he learn that position.
5. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
(a) Winnie Peckers.
(b) Wild Pitches.
(c) Wombat Poops.
(d) Weirdo People.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brother Beal call Irwin, "Iron Man Irwin"?
2. What college does Everett attend on a work/study scholarship?
3. What is Roy's favorite pastime?
4. Why does drinking terrify Laura?
5. What does Grandawma give Hugh as a get well gift after this thumb transplant?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the Chance boys watch their father practice pitching and working against his handicap, what do they learn?
2. Why does Laura take a job making fake meat from soy beans in Book One?
3. What did Hugh wear while practicing pitching in the shed?
4. Why does Hugh tell Kincaid it is nonsense to paint a strike zone in his practice bullpen?
5. Why does Hugh excuse Irwin from the room when he talks to the boys alone at the end of Book Two?
6. What reason does Hugh give to the boys for Laura's devotion to her religion?
7. How does Laura react to the ultimatum that Hugh gives her at the end of Book Three about her treatment of Peter, Everett, and Kincaid?
8. What political figure does Kincaid compare Laura and "her Bible" to in Book Three and why?
9. How does Peter's appearance change after Laura stops doing his domestic duties?
10. Why doesn't Kincaid go to church with his Mama and siblings in Book One, Chapter 2?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)