|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandawma think Hugh's new thumb resembles?
(a) An upside down bowling pin.
(b) A broccoli head.
(c) A pig's snout.
(d) A mushroom cloud.
2. Who is the mentor to the Twins in the game of Famous Scientists?
3. What school office does Everett hold his senior year in High School?
(a) Student Body Secretary.
(b) Student Body President.
(d) Senior Class President.
4. What dessert does Laura give Irwin in exchange for guessing a secret in Book One?
(a) Blackberry pie.
(b) Some chewing gum.
(c) A piece of lemon cake.
(d) An ice cream cone.
5. What do the Chance boys call Grandawma's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ellen G. White?
2. In Book One, which guest on The Ed Sullivan Show is liked by Laura and Irwin?
3. What does Grandawma eat for her last meal?
4. Who is the first to jump between Everett and Laura when Laura starts striking Everett in Book Two?
5. What song does Hugh compare "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to in Book Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Papa give for Mama expecting twins in Chapter 1?
2. Why are Irwin and the twins nonplussed by the "incriminating evidence" Elder Babcock and Laura show them against Peter, Everett, and Kincaid?
3. What is Peter's opinion on miracles?
4. Why doesn't the Chance family use their heater in the Fortyford in Book One?
5. What did Hugh wear while practicing pitching in the shed?
6. How does Peter's appearance change after Laura stops doing his domestic duties?
7. How does Laura react to the ultimatum that Hugh gives her at the end of Book Three about her treatment of Peter, Everett, and Kincaid?
8. What reason does Hugh give to the boys for Laura's devotion to her religion?
9. Why does Laura take a job making fake meat from soy beans in Book One?
10. What political figure does Kincaid compare Laura and "her Bible" to in Book Three and why?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)