|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Laura to spy on her sons and go through their rooms looking for incriminating evidence?
(a) Sister Dalton.
(c) Elder Babcock.
2. What does Irwin give Officer Hervano as a token after Officer Hervano attempts to save Irwin in Book Two?
(a) His shoe.
(b) The dog.
(c) His raincoat.
(d) His hat.
3. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
(a) Princes of Worship.
(b) Pirates of Wonder.
(c) Pilgrims of Work.
(d) Prisoners of Worship.
4. What does Grandawma give Hugh as a get well gift after this thumb transplant?
(a) A two thousand dollar cashier's check.
(b) A new bed.
(c) A new baseball mitt.
(d) A new car.
5. What does Everett call Hugh's fastball?
(a) The heater.
(b) The rocket.
(c) The scorcher.
(d) The sinker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the Chance family to the hospital after Hugh has been in the accident at the mill?
2. Who is the first to jump between Everett and Laura when Laura starts striking Everett in Book Two?
3. What is the name of the ladies' hair parlor that Marvin set up?
4. When Hugh plays ball as entertainment for the troops what does he not like about his situation?
5. How long does it take Hugh to say the prayer over the meal every evening in the Chance family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's opinion on miracles?
2. What did Hugh wear while practicing pitching in the shed?
3. Why does Irwin cuss around Everett?
4. Why do some players call Papa "Smoke"?
5. Why doesn't the Chance family use their heater in the Fortyford in Book One?
6. Why does Hugh tell Kincaid it is nonsense to paint a strike zone in his practice bullpen?
7. What reason does Papa give for Mama expecting twins in Chapter 1?
8. How does Laura react to the ultimatum that Hugh gives her at the end of Book Three about her treatment of Peter, Everett, and Kincaid?
9. How does Laura respond to the apology and gifts from Peter, Everett, and Kincaid in Book Three?
10. How does Everett's appearance change after Laura stops doing his domestic duties?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)