|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country is the visiting preacher Kim Joon from in Book Five?
2. What beverage does Hugh instruct Laura to serve the ballplayers at his wake?
(a) Cream Soda.
(d) Apple cider.
3. What causes Everett to give up his baseball dream?
(a) No colleges offer him a scholarship.
(b) Striking out four times in a play off opener.
(c) Hugh tells him to pursue school instead.
(d) Coach Bunnell tells him he isn't talented.
4. Why do Irwin, Roy, and Peter name their business Wind River Woodstoves?
(a) Linda suggested the name.
(b) Peter had a dreamed where he heard the name.
(c) They pulled the name out of a hat.
(d) Wind River was Hugh's favorite fishing stream.
5. What is the name of the professor whom Everett debates publicly in front of a huge seminar of students?
(a) Dr. Mehta.
(b) Dr. Gurtzner.
(c) Dr. Fields.
(d) Professor Smith.
6. How does Hugh request to be buried?
(a) He asks to be buried at sea.
(b) He wants to be cremated.
(c) He has no preference about his burial.
(d) He wants to be buried next to his mother.
7. What ultimatum does Laura give her congregation in Book Six?
(a) She tells them she will expose Elder Babcock's misdeeds to the police if the congregation does not help Irwin.
(b) She tells them if they will not help Irwin she will no longer belong to the congregation.
(c) She threatens to commit suicide if they do not help Irwin.
(d) She threatens to burn down the church if people will not support Irwin.
8. According to Kincaid, what event signals the real beginning of the Sixties?
(a) The Martin Luther King Assassination.
(b) The election of Nixon.
(c) The release of the Beatle's first album.
(d) The Kennedy Assassination.
9. What Major League team does Hugh get the chance to pitch a few games for during his tenure with the Tugboats?
(a) White Sox.
10. What does Everett burn after he struggles to recapture his joy of reading in Book Five?
(a) His library card.
(b) His favorite book.
(c) All of his textbooks from college.
(d) His journal.
11. Where do Irwin and Linda get married?
(a) The Chance family home.
(b) Laura's church.
(c) Clark County Courthouse.
(d) Descent of the Dove church.
12. What is the name of the church Irwin and Linda have been attending?
(a) Descent of the Dove.
(b) They haven't been attending church.
(c) McKenzie River Chruch.
(d) Seattle's Seventh Day Adventist Church.
13. How many pages is the letter Everett writes to Tasha and mails to her grandmother's address?
14. What unexpected event ends Irwin's career as a track star?
(a) A shoulder injury.
(b) A hand injury.
(c) An eye injury.
(d) A knee injury.
15. What corporate company does Everett compare to Christianity in an attempt to impress Natasha at a party?
(a) Coca Cola.
(d) C & H sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. After whom is Nash, the baby of Irwin and Linda, named?
2. What is the typical sentence for draft dodgers at the time of Everett's sentencing?
3. When Peter goes to visit Everett in Seattle on his way back to Harvard, where do they meet?
4. How old is Linda when she marries Irwin?
5. What does Peter major in at Harvard?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)