|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kincaid drop when he hugs Irwin after the death of Hugh?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A fish.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A stack of books.
2. Whom does Peter quote during his speech at the post season baseball banquet?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) W.C. Fields.
3. What ultimatum does Laura give her congregation in Book Six?
(a) She tells them she will expose Elder Babcock's misdeeds to the police if the congregation does not help Irwin.
(b) She threatens to commit suicide if they do not help Irwin.
(c) She threatens to burn down the church if people will not support Irwin.
(d) She tells them if they will not help Irwin she will no longer belong to the congregation.
4. Which family friend joins Irwin and Peter first in the woodstoves venture?
(a) Elder Beal.
(b) Uncle Truman.
(c) Bull Durham.
5. What causes Everett to give up his baseball dream?
(a) Coach Bunnell tells him he isn't talented.
(b) No colleges offer him a scholarship.
(c) Striking out four times in a play off opener.
(d) Hugh tells him to pursue school instead.
6. Where do Irwin and Linda get married?
(a) Laura's church.
(b) Descent of the Dove church.
(c) Clark County Courthouse.
(d) The Chance family home.
7. For what sport does Irwin leave baseball?
(b) Javelin throwing.
(d) Marathon running.
8. What does Kincaid find Hugh drinking after Laura has gone to Uncle Marvin's in Book Four?
(a) Cough Syrup.
(b) Coca Cola.
(d) Old Crow.
9. What is Everett's reaction to Freddy's injury?
(a) He is indifferent to the situation.
(b) He drives down to Camas and confronts Laura.
(c) He telephones Elder Babcock and fights with him.
(d) He writes a lengthy, mean letter to Mrs. Babcock.
10. What corporate company does Everett compare to Christianity in an attempt to impress Natasha at a party?
(a) Coca Cola.
(d) C & H sugar.
11. What does Irwin send to his mother when he believes he will not be coming home from Vietnam?
(a) A letter for Nash to read when he is old enough.
(b) His journal.
(c) His Bible.
(d) A ring for Linda.
12. Who helps Hugh answer all of his mail as his secretary?
13. Who sends Peter all of his belongings from India?
(c) T Bar.
14. How many years in prison is Everett sentenced to for draft dodging?
15. How much money does Peter have stolen from him in India?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Everett settles?
2. Whom does Hugh telegram for help when he realizes he will not be able to free Irwin on his own?
3. What beverage does Hugh instruct Laura to serve the ballplayers at his wake?
4. What automobile repair does Hugh make to the family vehicle in the beginning of Book Five?
5. Who attends the opening night of Everett's play?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)