|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Irwin ask of his family while he is in Vietnam?
(a) He asks if Linda can move in with them.
(b) He asks them to pay for Linda's college.
(c) He asks that they write him weekly and visit Linda in Seattle.
(d) He asks them to adopt the baby he is expecting with Linda.
2. Who recites the Lord's Prayer and several scriptures after Hugh's death?
3. What does Kincaid drop when he hugs Irwin after the death of Hugh?
(a) A fish.
(b) A baseball.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A stack of books.
4. Who comes to take away Hugh's body?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The fire department.
(c) The ambulance.
(d) Uncle Marvin with his RV.
5. What are the "scriptures of baseball"?
(b) Sports columns.
(c) Baseball cards.
(d) Game programs.
6. What reason does Natasha give for leaving Everett?
(a) She had a dream that prompted her to return to check on her mom.
(b) She thought Everett was no longer in love with her.
(c) She fell in love with someone else.
(d) She was pregnant and afraid.
7. What is the name of the church Irwin and Linda have been attending?
(a) McKenzie River Chruch.
(b) Descent of the Dove.
(c) Seattle's Seventh Day Adventist Church.
(d) They haven't been attending church.
8. How many pages is the letter Everett writes to Tasha and mails to her grandmother's address?
9. Which family friend joins Irwin and Peter first in the woodstoves venture?
(b) Uncle Truman.
(c) Bull Durham.
(d) Elder Beal.
10. What is the name of Everett's weekly column for the university's newspaper?
(a) Give Chance a Peace.
(b) Peace, Politics, and People.
(c) A Peaceful Chance.
(d) Not a Chance.
11. What Major League team does Hugh get the chance to pitch a few games for during his tenure with the Tugboats?
(a) White Sox.
12. What causes Peter to vomit during a family vacation down the Oregon coast?
(a) A war announcement over the radio.
(b) The sight of Kincaid's bloody nose.
(c) A sign about cows and steaks.
(d) Car sickness.
13. Who writes a letter regarding Irwin to his superiors that contributes to his being held apart from his family?
(a) Sergeant Felker.
(b) Elder Babcock.
(c) Captain Dudek.
14. Who is the mastermind of operation squeeze?
(b) Elder Joon.
15. How does Everett entice Tasha to come and visit him?
(a) He sends her a plane ticket to Canada.
(b) He writes her a series of love poems.
(c) He tells her he found a Russian relic.
(d) He offers to get her a job in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Everett to give up his baseball dream?
2. What is Hugh's new baseball nickname that is given to him while pitching for the Tugboats?
3. What name does Natasha want to give her baby?
4. What is the typical sentence for draft dodgers at the time of Everett's sentencing?
5. Who begins taking care of Hugh at the end of his life.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)