|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Everett burn after he struggles to recapture his joy of reading in Book Five?
(a) His journal.
(b) His library card.
(c) All of his textbooks from college.
(d) His favorite book.
2. How does Everett entice Tasha to come and visit him?
(a) He offers to get her a job in the area.
(b) He sends her a plane ticket to Canada.
(c) He tells her he found a Russian relic.
(d) He writes her a series of love poems.
3. What type of classes does Irwin sign up for at the community college after Hugh's death?
(a) Poetry classes.
(b) Political science classes.
(c) Art classes.
(d) Welding classes.
4. What does Freddy name her dog?
5. Who first tells Everett of Hugh's cancer?
6. Why does Peter change from third class trains to first class compartments in his travels through India?
(a) To be able to sleep better at night.
(b) To avoid the crowds and smells.
(c) To travel with other scholars.
(d) He is given the free upgrade.
7. What nickname does Everett gain during his time at college?
(a) Hippie Churchill.
(b) Hippie Einstein.
(c) Churchill Chance.
8. Why do Irwin, Roy, and Peter name their business Wind River Woodstoves?
(a) They pulled the name out of a hat.
(b) Linda suggested the name.
(c) Peter had a dreamed where he heard the name.
(d) Wind River was Hugh's favorite fishing stream.
9. Who offers the prayer at Hugh's wake?
10. What is Hugh's new baseball nickname that is given to him while pitching for the Tugboats?
(a) Smokey Toe.
(b) Old Man Smoke.
(c) Papa Toe.
(d) Old Toe.
11. What scheme does T Bar having for making millions of dollars?
(a) He plans to market an Indian tea.
(b) He plans to start an exclusive resort in India for Americans to visit.
(c) He plans to open a diamond mine outside of New Dehli.
(d) He plans to use cheap Indian labor to create trout flies to sell in Wyoming.
12. What favor does Irwin ask of his family while he is in Vietnam?
(a) He asks them to pay for Linda's college.
(b) He asks them to adopt the baby he is expecting with Linda.
(c) He asks that they write him weekly and visit Linda in Seattle.
(d) He asks if Linda can move in with them.
13. What is the name of the woman whom Kincaid falls in love with in Book Five?
14. Why is Irwin unable to recognize Hugh the first time he visits?
(a) Irwin is blindfolded.
(b) Hugh has changed drastically since the last time he saw him.
(c) He is heavily sedated.
(d) Irwin is suffering from temporary amnesia.
15. What is the name of the British man who facilitates the robbing of Peter in India?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Freddy send Everett a snapshot of in prison?
2. Who sends Peter all of his belongings from India?
3. Who is the mastermind of operation squeeze?
4. What corporate company does Everett compare to Christianity in an attempt to impress Natasha at a party?
5. Who recites the Lord's Prayer and several scriptures after Hugh's death?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)