|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman whom Kincaid falls in love with in Book Five?
2. What statement does Elder Joon claim God says to him?
(a) No Comment.
(b) Rest Easily.
(d) Tomorrow will be better.
3. Which country is the visiting preacher Kim Joon from in Book Five?
4. What automobile repair does Hugh make to the family vehicle in the beginning of Book Five?
(a) He installs a new carburetor.
(b) He changes the oil.
(c) He changes the spark plugs.
(d) He changes a tire.
5. What does Peter call his mental state while awaiting a pitch?
(a) Slow think.
(b) Quick think.
(c) No think.
(d) Fast think.
6. What is the name of the town where Peter and T Bar seek help in India?
(a) New Dehli.
7. What Major League team does Hugh get the chance to pitch a few games for during his tenure with the Tugboats?
(d) White Sox.
8. Where do Irwin and Linda get married?
(a) Descent of the Dove church.
(b) Laura's church.
(c) Clark County Courthouse.
(d) The Chance family home.
9. What is the name of the professor whom Everett debates publicly in front of a huge seminar of students?
(a) Dr. Fields.
(b) Dr. Mehta.
(c) Dr. Gurtzner.
(d) Professor Smith.
10. What does Natasha do after she receives Everett's letter in Book Six?
(a) Drives straight to California to Irwin's mental hospital.
(b) Drives straight to Camas.
(c) Sends a telagram to Everett in prison.
(d) Drives back to Shyashyakook.
11. Whom does Hugh telegram for help when he realizes he will not be able to free Irwin on his own?
(b) Bull Durham.
12. What is the name of the play that Everett pens?
13. What is unique about Hugh's last pitch?
(a) He hits the batter.
(b) His pitch does not even reach the batter.
(c) He throws the fastest ball of his career.
(d) He throws a wild pitch in honor of Irwin.
14. What is the name of the church Irwin and Linda have been attending?
(a) McKenzie River Chruch.
(b) They haven't been attending church.
(c) Descent of the Dove.
(d) Seattle's Seventh Day Adventist Church.
15. Who is the mastermind of operation squeeze?
(c) Elder Joon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter goes to visit Everett in Seattle on his way back to Harvard, where do they meet?
2. What event causes Everett to spiral into depression and misery in Book Five?
3. Why have Irwin and Linda been unable to marry earlier in the novel?
4. According to Kincaid, what event signals the real beginning of the Sixties?
5. Who recites the Lord's Prayer and several scriptures after Hugh's death?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)