|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter call his mental state while awaiting a pitch?
(a) Slow think.
(b) Fast think.
(c) No think.
(d) Quick think.
2. What does Everett burn after he struggles to recapture his joy of reading in Book Five?
(a) His library card.
(b) His journal.
(c) All of his textbooks from college.
(d) His favorite book.
3. What addition to the Chance family and friends from Camas intimidates Major Keys?
(a) A trio of disgruntled churchmen.
(b) A news anchor and camera man.
(c) A medical doctor.
(d) The local mayor.
4. Why do Irwin, Roy, and Peter name their business Wind River Woodstoves?
(a) Wind River was Hugh's favorite fishing stream.
(b) Peter had a dreamed where he heard the name.
(c) Linda suggested the name.
(d) They pulled the name out of a hat.
5. What statement does Elder Joon claim God says to him?
(a) Tomorrow will be better.
(b) No Comment.
(d) Rest Easily.
6. What name does Natasha want to give her baby?
(b) Everett Jr.
7. What emotion does Everett feel during his incarceration that surprises him in Book Six?
8. What unexpected event ends Irwin's career as a track star?
(a) An eye injury.
(b) A hand injury.
(c) A knee injury.
(d) A shoulder injury.
9. What event causes Everett to spiral into depression and misery in Book Five?
(a) Laura tells Everett she has never loved him, and she never will.
(b) Everett loses his job, house, and his car breaks down.
(c) Irwin writes that he has lost his belief in God.
(d) Natasha leaves him.
10. What does Irwin send to his mother when he believes he will not be coming home from Vietnam?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His journal.
(c) A letter for Nash to read when he is old enough.
(d) A ring for Linda.
11. How many pages is the letter Everett writes to Tasha and mails to her grandmother's address?
12. What job does Irwin get when he first begins college?
(a) Campus groundskeeper.
(c) Football water boy.
(d) Grocery shelves stocker.
13. Who helps Hugh answer all of his mail as his secretary?
14. How old is Linda when she marries Irwin?
15. Which teacher mentors Peter in baseball at the high school?
(a) Coach Clay.
(b) Coach Witzer.
(c) Coach Gant.
(d) Coach Bunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter regarding Irwin to his superiors that contributes to his being held apart from his family?
2. Whom does Peter quote during his speech at the post season baseball banquet?
3. Who is the mastermind of operation squeeze?
4. What is the typical sentence for draft dodgers at the time of Everett's sentencing?
5. What is the name of the woman whom Kincaid falls in love with in Book Five?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)