|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relaxation technique does Peter practice in his closet in Book Three?
2. Who witnesses the death of Grandawma?
(a) The twins.
(d) Irwin and Peter.
3. What event prompts Hugh Chance to start smoking?
(a) The death of his dog.
(b) Getting kicked off the high school baseball team.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) His first no-hitter.
4. What was Hugh's father's profession?
(a) He was a mathematics professor.
(b) He was a professional baseball player.
(c) He was a baseball scout.
(d) He was a mechanic.
5. Where does Hugh go to play ball in Book One?
(a) An undisclosed location.
(b) An empty lot across the street.
(c) The backyard.
(d) A park named Battle Ground.
6. What job does Everett hold to earn money in high school?
(a) Bagging groceries.
(b) Pizza delivery boy.
(c) School janitor.
(d) Mail Courier.
7. Why does Hugh get discharged honorably from the army four months early?
(a) Because his superior recognizes his talent and sends him back to play baseball.
(b) He is injured playing ball for the army.
(c) His mother, who is back home, pulls some strings.
(d) He is able to bribe his superior.
8. What pen name does Kincaid use for his poem "Why Apple Pie"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Mark Twain.
9. How much did Irwin weigh at birth?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 12 pounds 10 ounces.
(c) 4 pounds.
(d) 7 pounds 6 ounces.
10. What religion is Julie, Peter's high school girlfriend?
(b) Seventh Day Adventist.
11. After the accident, who sends forty dollars to Hugh for him to use to buy himself a gift?
(a) His neighborhood pools money, and Roy sends it.
(b) His co-workers from the mill.
(c) The members of Laura's church.
(d) Gale Durham, manager of a baseball team.
12. What is the name of the team that Hugh played for in Oklahoma?
(a) The Senators.
(b) The Horned Frogs.
(c) The Cornhuskers.
(d) The White Sox.
13. How many different types of pitches does Hugh have according to Everett in Book One, Chapter 1?
14. Who is Ellen G. White?
(a) A religious lady admired by the Adventists.
(b) An expert on thumb surgery.
(c) A baseball commentator.
(d) A neighbor of the Chance family.
15. What is Irwin's nickname among his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book One, which guest on The Ed Sullivan Show is liked by Laura and Irwin?
2. What is the name of the dog that Irwin rescues in Book Two?
3. Who is the grammar teacher that has each of the Chance kids for class?
4. How does Laura punish Peter, Everett, and Kincaid after the Psalm War?
5. What is Peter's reaction to the film shown at school about bombs?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)