|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kincaid's piggy bank resemble?
(a) A horse.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) A pig.
(d) Lou Gehrig.
2. What privilege does Hugh give the boys after his fight with Laura at the end of Book Two?
(a) The opportunity to watch him practice pitching.
(b) The choice to go to church or stay home.
(c) A later curfew.
(d) Additional allowance money.
3. How does Irwin lose his rain slicker in Book Two?
(a) It is stolen from his locker after football practice.
(b) He gives it to a homeless person on his walk home.
(c) He loses it playing pool.
(d) He leaves it at the school.
4. How does Laura punish Peter, Everett, and Kincaid after the Psalm War?
(a) She shaves their heads.
(b) She stops doing domestic tasks for them and ignores them.
(c) She grounds them to their rooms when they are not at school.
(d) She forces them to read scriptures for three hours a day.
5. What is Roy's favorite pastime?
6. Who is Ellen G. White?
(a) An expert on thumb surgery.
(b) A baseball commentator.
(c) A neighbor of the Chance family.
(d) A religious lady admired by the Adventists.
7. What type of employment does Kincaid take on to earn money in Book Three?
(a) A paper route.
(c) Dog walking.
(d) He mows lawns.
8. What is Irwin's nickname among his family?
9. What magazine publishes Everett's school paper "Junk Genius"?
(a) The Readers Digest.
(b) Sporting Digest.
(c) Time Magazine.
10. To what church does Laura belong?
(a) Jehovah's Witness.
(b) Roman Catholic.
(d) Seventh Day Adventist.
11. What does Grandawma give Hugh as a get well gift after this thumb transplant?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new baseball mitt.
(c) A two thousand dollar cashier's check.
(d) A new bed.
12. What position does Hugh think that Everett should play?
(a) Second baseman.
(b) First basemen.
13. What event prompts Hugh Chance to start smoking?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) His first no-hitter.
(c) Getting kicked off the high school baseball team.
(d) The death of his dog.
14. What nickname does Everett give the Psalms in Boot Two?
(a) Preacher's propaganda.
(b) Betty Crocker.
(c) Dinosaur dictums.
(d) Tall tales.
15. What relaxation technique does Peter practice in his closet in Book Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Laura to spy on her sons and go through their rooms looking for incriminating evidence?
2. What is the name of the ladies' hair parlor that Marvin set up?
3. Who witnesses the death of Grandawma?
4. What college does Everett attend on a work/study scholarship?
5. Who gave Everett the Playboy magazines that Laura finds in his room?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)