|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Hugh to say the prayer over the meal every evening in the Chance family?
(a) 33 seconds.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 1 minute.
(d) 3.5 seconds.
2. When Kincaid has a nightmare in Book One, how does Hugh help him get back to sleep?
(a) He tells Kincaid the trick of counting backwards from one hundred.
(b) He sings to Kincaid.
(c) He gets Kincaid a glass of water.
(d) He lets Kincaid fall asleep watching the television.
3. Who is the mentor to the Twins in the game of Famous Scientists?
4. What ongoing activity does Irwin begin with Doc Franken while the Chance boys work on landscaping his lot?
(a) A darts tournament.
(b) An ongoing chess game.
(c) A water balloon fight.
(d) A card game.
5. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
(a) Wild Pitches.
(b) Weirdo People.
(c) Winnie Peckers.
(d) Wombat Poops.
6. Which child has contacted Doc Franken to bring him to the Chance home in Book Three?
7. What does Grandawma give Hugh as a get well gift after this thumb transplant?
(a) A new baseball mitt.
(b) A new bed.
(c) A new car.
(d) A two thousand dollar cashier's check.
8. What is Peter's reaction to the film shown at school about bombs?
(a) He thinks it's funny and reenacts it for his family that evening.
(b) It causes him to faint.
(c) It makes him upset and angry.
(d) It makes him cry and vomit.
9. What do the Chance boys call Grandawma's dog?
10. Why does Hugh build a shed behind their Camas home?
(a) To have a place for woodworking.
(b) To have a place for his tools.
(c) To have a place to practice pitching.
(d) To create excess storage for his growing family.
11. What is the name of the ladies' hair parlor that Marvin set up?
(a) The Butee Bar.
(b) The Hair Shoppe.
(c) Marvin's Parlour.
(d) The Sharp Spot.
12. How does Mama react to Irwin's prayer at the supper table in Book Two?
(a) She scolds Irwin.
(b) She sheds a few tears of joy.
(c) She remains plain faced and doesn't react to the prayer.
(d) She runs into the kitchen closet and laughs.
13. What book contains the story that Peter tells his brother at the hedge in Book Two?
(a) The Ramayana.
(b) The Mahabharata.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Grapes of Wrath.
14. What is the name of the team that Hugh played for in Oklahoma?
(a) The Cornhuskers.
(b) The White Sox.
(c) The Senators.
(d) The Horned Frogs.
15. To apologize to Laura in Book Three, what does Everett give her?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A long handwritten letter.
(c) A new family Bible.
(d) Some chocolates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Everett given permission to go to summer camp at Wolverton Lake?
2. What action does Hugh apologize for profusely at the end of Book One?
3. Who gave Everett the Playboy magazines that Laura finds in his room?
4. What job does Everett hold to earn money in high school?
5. What does Irwin give Officer Hervano as a token after Officer Hervano attempts to save Irwin in Book Two?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)