|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irwin give Officer Hervano as a token after Officer Hervano attempts to save Irwin in Book Two?
(a) His raincoat.
(b) The dog.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His hat.
2. How much did Irwin weigh at birth?
(a) 12 pounds 10 ounces.
(b) 4 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 7 pounds 6 ounces.
3. Where is Grandawma from?
4. How many different types of pitches does Hugh have according to Everett in Book One, Chapter 1?
5. What is a flicker?
(a) A type of woodpecker.
(b) A small rodent.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A type of snake.
6. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
(a) Princes of Worship.
(b) Prisoners of Worship.
(c) Pilgrims of Work.
(d) Pirates of Wonder.
7. Why is Everett given permission to go to summer camp at Wolverton Lake?
(a) Mama sends him because he has been a big help around the house after the birth of the twins.
(b) He broke his arm in a baseball game, and Mama wants to cheer him up.
(c) He was invited by the preacher, and Mama agreed.
(d) He earned money to go by picking raspberries.
8. Who witnesses the death of Grandawma?
(c) Irwin and Peter.
(d) The twins.
9. What relaxation technique does Peter practice in his closet in Book Three?
10. When Kincaid has a nightmare in Book One, how does Hugh help him get back to sleep?
(a) He tells Kincaid the trick of counting backwards from one hundred.
(b) He sings to Kincaid.
(c) He lets Kincaid fall asleep watching the television.
(d) He gets Kincaid a glass of water.
11. Where does Hugh go to play ball in Book One?
(a) An empty lot across the street.
(b) A park named Battle Ground.
(c) The backyard.
(d) An undisclosed location.
12. What does Everett call Hugh's fastball?
(a) The heater.
(b) The scorcher.
(c) The sinker.
(d) The rocket.
13. In Book One, which guest on The Ed Sullivan Show is liked by Laura and Irwin?
(a) A ventriloquist.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Maurice Chevalier.
(d) Perry Como.
14. What does Kincaid give his mother in token of his apology in Book Three?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A new apron.
(c) Some shoes.
15. What types of books does Peter enjoy reading?
(a) Religious books.
(b) Books about World War I.
(c) Books about baseball.
(d) Scientific books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roy's favorite pastime?
2. Who contacts Durham about Hugh's pitching ability after his surgery?
3. How does Everett earn his first high school suspension?
4. What privilege does Hugh give the boys after his fight with Laura at the end of Book Two?
5. According to Hugh, what does it mean when a catcher "frames a pitch"?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)