|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Six, The Blue Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages is the letter Everett writes to Tasha and mails to her grandmother's address?
2. What does Everett burn after he struggles to recapture his joy of reading in Book Five?
(a) His library card.
(b) His journal.
(c) All of his textbooks from college.
(d) His favorite book.
3. What favor does Irwin ask of his family while he is in Vietnam?
(a) He asks that they write him weekly and visit Linda in Seattle.
(b) He asks if Linda can move in with them.
(c) He asks them to pay for Linda's college.
(d) He asks them to adopt the baby he is expecting with Linda.
4. When Peter goes to visit Everett in Seattle on his way back to Harvard, where do they meet?
(a) At a concert.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the airport.
(d) At a bar called Van Gogos.
5. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
(a) Pilgrims of Work.
(b) Prisoners of Worship.
(c) Pirates of Wonder.
(d) Princes of Worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what sport does Irwin leave baseball?
2. Why does Everett play the baseball position he does?
3. How does Mama react to Irwin's prayer at the supper table in Book Two?
4. Why does Brother Beal call Irwin, "Iron Man Irwin"?
5. What is the name of the ladies' hair parlor that Marvin set up?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)