|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Six, The Blue Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh get transferred to after he is injured playing for the Chicago White Sox?
(a) He is immediately transferred to the U.S. Army team.
(b) A minor league team in Washington.
(c) He is fired and plays just for fun for a city league.
(d) A minor league team in Oklahoma.
2. In Book One, which guest on The Ed Sullivan Show is liked by Laura and Irwin?
(a) Maurice Chevalier.
(b) A ventriloquist.
(c) Perry Como.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
3. Who offers the prayer at Hugh's wake?
4. What is the name of the town where Everett settles?
5. What pen name does Kincaid use for his poem "Why Apple Pie"?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) William Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Everett's weekly column for the university's newspaper?
2. Who is the mastermind of operation squeeze?
3. What does Hugh tell Kincaid to do to practice for their fishing trip in Book One?
4. What college does Everett attend on a work/study scholarship?
5. Who injures Freddy's ear, which necessitates a minor surgery.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)