|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, The Brothers K.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baseball position does Everett play in Book Two?
(c) First basemen.
(d) Second baseman.
2. According to Hugh, what does it mean when a catcher "frames a pitch"?
(a) He mutters "strike" after a "ball" is thrown to confuse the umpire.
(b) He calls two of the same pitches in a row.
(c) He drops the ball quickly after catching it.
(d) He moves his glove after he makes the catch.
3. According to Kincaid, what event signals the real beginning of the Sixties?
(a) The election of Nixon.
(b) The release of the Beatle's first album.
(c) The Kennedy Assassination.
(d) The Martin Luther King Assassination.
4. Who gave Everett the Playboy magazines that Laura finds in his room?
(c) Micah Beal.
(d) Dougy Lee Babcock.
5. What does Irwin send to his mother when he believes he will not be coming home from Vietnam?
(a) His journal.
(b) His Bible.
(c) A ring for Linda.
(d) A letter for Nash to read when he is old enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hugh get transferred to after he is injured playing for the Chicago White Sox?
2. What is Everett's reaction to Freddy's injury?
3. What does Grandawma give Hugh as a get well gift after this thumb transplant?
4. For what sport does Irwin leave baseball?
5. What is the name of the town where Everett settles?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)