|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, The Brothers K.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book One, which guest on The Ed Sullivan Show is liked by Laura and Irwin?
(a) Maurice Chevalier.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) A ventriloquist.
2. What does Kincaid's piggy bank resemble?
(a) A horse.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) A pig.
(d) Lou Gehrig.
3. What surprises Everett about his friends when he goes into hiding after burning his draft card?
(a) They do not support his decision to hide from the draft.
(b) They all forget him.
(c) He finds out they have been stealing money from him.
(d) They reveal where he is hiding to the FBI.
4. What event causes Irwin to feel as though his heart died in Chapter 3 of Book Five?
(a) He loses his Bible.
(b) He kills someone in the course of the war.
(c) He witnesses a Vietnamese woman being tortured.
(d) He is beaten up by his fellow soldiers.
5. What is a flicker?
(a) A type of snake.
(b) A type of woodpecker.
(c) A small rodent.
(d) A mosquito.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Julie, Peter's high school girlfriend?
2. What corporate company does Everett compare to Christianity in an attempt to impress Natasha at a party?
3. What three things do Laura and Hugh fight about in Book One that prompts her to take the twins up to Spokane?
4. Why is Irwin unable to recognize Hugh the first time he visits?
5. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)