|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four, The Left Stuff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Laura and Hugh do for their first date?
(a) Go to a baseball game with her brother Marv.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Have rootbeer floats at a diner.
(d) Go to a church dance.
2. For what sport does Irwin leave baseball?
(a) Javelin throwing.
(b) Marathon running.
3. How many different types of pitches does Hugh have according to Everett in Book One, Chapter 1?
4. What does the scarlet neon sign that hangs in Everett's room say?
5. Who is Ellen G. White?
(a) A religious lady admired by the Adventists.
(b) A baseball commentator.
(c) An expert on thumb surgery.
(d) A neighbor of the Chance family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Everett give the Psalms in Boot Two?
2. What pitch does Durham teach Hugh during his tenure in Oklahoma?
3. According to Kincaid, what doe WP stand for?
4. What does Everett call Hugh's fastball?
5. Who encourages Laura to spy on her sons and go through their rooms looking for incriminating evidence?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)