|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Rebels & Scientists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh get discharged honorably from the army four months early?
(a) He is injured playing ball for the army.
(b) His mother, who is back home, pulls some strings.
(c) Because his superior recognizes his talent and sends him back to play baseball.
(d) He is able to bribe his superior.
2. How long does it take Hugh to say the prayer over the meal every evening in the Chance family?
(a) 3 minutes.
(b) 1 minute.
(c) 3.5 seconds.
(d) 33 seconds.
3. Who witnesses the death of Grandawma?
(a) The twins.
(c) Irwin and Peter.
4. What was Hugh's father's profession?
(a) He was a professional baseball player.
(b) He was a mathematics professor.
(c) He was a baseball scout.
(d) He was a mechanic.
5. What dessert does Laura give Irwin in exchange for guessing a secret in Book One?
(a) A piece of lemon cake.
(b) Some chewing gum.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) Blackberry pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kincaid, what does POW stand for?
2. What does Peter give his mother as part of an apology in Book Three?
3. Which child has contacted Doc Franken to bring him to the Chance home in Book Three?
4. Which classmate of Kincaid's has a hair lip that causes a speech impediment?
5. What does Grandawma eat for her last meal?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)