|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Rebels & Scientists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Hugh compare "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to in Book Two?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) Stand Up for Jesus.
(c) Happy Birthday.
(d) Amazing Grace.
2. Why does Hugh build a shed behind their Camas home?
(a) To have a place for his tools.
(b) To have a place to practice pitching.
(c) To create excess storage for his growing family.
(d) To have a place for woodworking.
3. What football position does Irwin play?
(a) Wide receiver.
(c) Defensive tackle.
4. What do Laura and Hugh do for their first date?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go to a church dance.
(c) Have rootbeer floats at a diner.
(d) Go to a baseball game with her brother Marv.
5. What does Kincaid give his mother in token of his apology in Book Three?
(a) A new dress.
(c) Some shoes.
(d) A new apron.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what church does Laura belong?
2. What type of employment does Kincaid take on to earn money in Book Three?
3. What is the name of the baseball scout that signs Hugh?
4. Which classmate of Kincaid's has a hair lip that causes a speech impediment?
5. Who drives the Chance family to the hospital after Hugh has been in the accident at the mill?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)